You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

I feel like I should be more pissed off about this than I am. It's pretty shit but I don't have the feeling of impending apocalypse that I correctly had when Alonso and Suarez buggered off, or incorrectly had when Torres went.

My mate at work asked me my thoughts and I said "I'd be more worried about Coutinho wanting out". Not even dismissive to Sterling there, I've been genuinely more worried about Coutinho being next in the wantaway queue. Oh well there's always 12 months time for that one I guess.

I feel like I should be more pissed off about this than I am. It's pretty shit but I don't have the feeling of impending apocalypse that I correctly had when Alonso and Suarez buggered off, or incorrectly had when Torres went.

My mate at work asked me my thoughts and I said "I'd be more worried about Coutinho wanting out". Not even dismissive to Sterling there, I've been genuinely more worried about Coutinho being next in the wantaway queue. Oh well there's always 12 months time for that one I guess.

Coutinho's going nowhere. He's always dreamed of playing with Ings and a collection of promising players and journymen.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't buy it, it reeks of briefed agitation.

He wants to go back to London and he's trying to burn bridges without having to forfeit a loyalty bonus. Planting a story that he'd go to Utd is a good way to make sure we sell him to someone else while we still have a say in the matter.

• Upvote 1

Just been reading this. Im not certain whether sterling and his bitch are trying every trick in the book to engineer a move now or manchester really is keen on him.

Whatever, I think most fans now want him out of the club for a big fee. I dont think there's any going back and Liverpool must surely want a bidding war to develop to drive the price up.

It does show what a hypocritical bunch that lot down the east lancs are though. A few years ago they actually said in court at the heinze transfer wrangle that it was 'their club policy not to deal with Liverpool FC.' And yet, if this story is true, the very same club that said they 'dont deal' with us are now salavitating at the mere thought of signing sterling.

I think at the time we thought we were competing so losing a good player would actually matter. Now that the owners/manager/many of the fans have officially waved the white flag and 5th-7th with the occasional tilt at getting top 4 is par, what's the point of stressing about losing players? Really, we lose Sterling, so what? We'll sign 3 or 4 more hopefuls, one may become good, he'll be sold off, and we go again.

Given our current status, its probably better to have players that want to play for us and will put in a shift, and at least we can see a team that tries, rather than worrying about signing and keeping top class players.

• Upvote 1

I don't buy it, it reeks of briefed agitation.

He wants to go back to London and he's trying to burn bridges without having to forfeit a loyalty bonus. Planting a story that he'd go to Utd is a good way to make sure we sell him to someone else while we still have a say in the matter.

This is it, isn't it.

I don't think we're blameless on this one, no need to elaborate on that yet again, but his exit appears to be being masterminded by someone who would struggle to operate a Speak and Spell.

His agent has definitely written that article himself or had a word with the clown who did.

Still hoping Benitez gets Real to give us 40 million + a player but seems like Arsenal is more likely, which is odd considering if Walcott and Ox stayed fit they wouldn't really have a need for him, unless Ozil is off or something.

Just been reading this. Im not certain whether sterling and his bitch are trying every trick in the book to engineer a move now or manchester really is keen on him.

Whatever, I think most fans now want him out of the club for a big fee. I dont think there's any going back and Liverpool must surely want a bidding war to develop to drive the price up.

It does show what a hypocritical bunch that lot down the east lancs are though. A few years ago they actually said in court at the heinze transfer wrangle that it was 'their club policy not to deal with Liverpool FC.' And yet, if this story is true, the very same club that said they 'dont deal' with us are now salavitating at the mere thought of signing sterling.

Mate, you can't call them Manchester. It's just not done.

I'll hold off with the neg gun for now...because I am more disappointed than angry.

This is it, isn't it.

I don't think we're blameless on this one, no need to elaborate on that yet again, but his exit appears to be being masterminded by someone who would struggle to operate a Speak and Spell.

It is bemusing how badly his agent is handling this.

Or maybe he wants champions league football and doesnt care where it is.

Well he tore the Champions' League apart this season, so they'll all be shitting themselves text season.

Little cunt. Thinks he's the big I am.

Dead to me. I'm pretty sure that his agent released this in order to make me annoyed with Sterling and it has worked - not the wanting to play for United but the willingness to try anything to escape. Fuck the cash, put him in the reserves for the next two years