You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

We are shit with transfers, it's like a voodoo curse. If we don't sign Eduardo Salvio he'll go on to play for Barcelona and be brilliant, if we sign him he'll end up a humungous flop and his cruciate will explode the second all the contracts have been signed. Its always the way.

We are shit with transfers, it's like a voodoo curse. If we don't sign Eduardo Salvio he'll go on to play for Barcelona and be brilliant, if we sign him he'll end up a humungous flop and his cruciate will explode the second all the contracts have been signed. Its always the way.

The Express are suggesting he's undergone scans suggesting he needs an operation on a knee ligament injury. He certainly had one in 2013.

Looks like we may have done for him even before the poor bastard has got here.

Ings is a young Rickie Lambert and Benteke is Mario Balotteli on a good day. We should be nowhere near them two and they would cost 30m combined.

Here's a wacky idea -  use the 30m and buy one world class player.

I'm just wondering what we're going to do with all these strikers. Ings and Benteke coming in; Origi back from loan; Borini, Balotelli, Lambert and Sturridge.

That's seven strikers before you even factor the likes of Aspas and Sinclair into the equation. And with a manager who'd rather play midfielders up front? I don't get it.

I'm guessing that with Rodgers briefing that Daily Mail journo several times that he can't work with Balotelli that at least one of them isn't staying. In which case I don't mind that being Balotelli but call me old-fashioned if I'd prefer a Liverpool manager not to be briefing newspapers about his players being twats.

• Upvote 1

The Express are suggesting he's undergone scans suggesting he needs an operation on a knee ligament injury. He certainly had one in 2013.

Looks like we may have done for him even before the poor bastard has got here.

And people complain that we don't move quickly enough.

Fixed for ya Bar.

We were around Costa, Willian, Salah, Miktahryan etc. 

THe fellas you have a problem with are the ones we could sign, not the ones we wanted to.

Even then though, is Willian the best use of 30 million quid? Armed with £120m, maybe, but we didn't have a big budget the year before and he wasn't a priority purchase over other positions. Salah flopped at Chelsea. Mikhitaryan hasn't really excelled at Dortmund and again wasn't really the player we needed (much like Lallana wasn't). How would Costa have blended in last season to our great attack? He's a real Mourinho player.

The defining one we missed out on was Sanchez. That aside, could we not have got Schneiderlin or Kondogbia instead of Lallana? Lacazette or Morata instead of Balotelli? Firmino instead of Markovic? Klose or Di Natale instead of Lambert? Anyone instead of Lovren?

I'm inclined to not be arsed by any of this any more.

If they keep Rodgeball going, why should anyone give a stuff about the club until FSG are gone?

There is absolutely no point in getting revved up about any of it.

It makes NO difference to the outcome.

I'm waiting to see what FSG do over the next couple of weeks. It's the last chance for them to finally after 5 years employ the right staff. If they keep Rodgers and things mostly as they are after the shambles of the last 12 months then that's the club finished under FSG. It's a case of wake me up when the club's sold because they'd have clearly lost all interest on the football side.

A summer of scouting for overpriced Premier League players who will inevitably flop and players from abroad who Rodgers will send to Siberia by November because they aren't ready made to slot straight into whatever system he's dreamt up that week.

FSG are in the last chance saloon this summer.

I'm just wondering what we're going to do with all these strikers. Ings and Benteke coming in; Origi back from loan; Borini, Balotelli, Lambert and Sturridge.

That's seven strikers before you even factor the likes of Aspas and Sinclair into the equation. And with a manager who'd rather play midfielders up front? I don't get it.

Chopping the lot of them into bits and making the best composite possible then you might just end up with Steven Naismith.  

Ings is a young Rickie Lambert and Benteke is Mario Balotteli on a good day. We should be nowhere near them two and they would cost 30m combined.

Here's a wacky idea -  use the 30m and buy one world class player.

Not sure if a motivated Benteke is as good a Balotelli on a good day, or a motivated Balotelli is as good as Benteke on a good day. Both of them blow hot and cold and have streaks of good form and months of doing nothing. Rodgers isn't exactly a motivator either. Once Tim Sherwood's new manager effect wears off he'd be back to being half arsed next season if he's stuck there.

The thing is we'll look at Benteke's last 10 games and think that's the player he always is but it isn't. Same with Balotelli's first few months in Milan.

Borini 9m

baloteli 9m

a spas 5m

Lambert 3m

get rid of the above for reasonable prices you have 26m to spend on one decent striker.

origi

strurridge

25m striker

25 my striker

should be our forwards next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to get Falcao in on loan because you can't go from being that good to being that shit, he's still got something left in the tank. I'd sign Jovetic as well because i reckon he's quality when fit. Sturridge, Falcao, Jovetic and Origi. 

Sign Yarmolenko for Sterling and get Garay to sort out the back. Clyne right back and bring in someone like Alex Song at defensive mid, i'd say Khedira but he's on his way to Juventus. I'd get rid of Mignolet and Moreno as well but needs must.

Borini 9m

baloteli 9m

a spas 5m

Lambert 3m

get rid of the above for reasonable prices you have 26m to spend on one decent striker.

I can almost guarantee 2 if not 3 of the above will be stinking the place out next season.

No-one is going to buy them and pay them what we do.

We collect unflushable turds.

Borini 9m

baloteli 9m

a spas 5m

Lambert 3m

origi

strurridge

25m striker

25 my striker

should be our forwards next season

Bit optimistic with the pricing there

Who's a 25m striker? The best - Benzema, Iguain, Cavani, et al. - would be a lot more than that, I'd reckon. Leaving who?

One punt I'd take is on John Guidetti. Was a beast in Holland but has struggled to find himself elsewhere. Scored a few for Celtic this year and worth a chance.