You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Booked a couple of days in York for when I'm off in August, taking the missus, two kids (one toddler & one baby) & the mother in law.

Any suggestions for stuff to do with the kids (mainly the two year old as the baby is already hooked on glue)?

Aye, he loves trains, that's part of the attraction in going there.

The wildlife park looks good as well, although from the opening times it might be shut when we're down (during the week), I'll have a proper look this afternoon though, cheers.

Aye, he loves trains, that's part of the attraction in going there.

The wildlife park looks good as well, although from the opening times it might be shut when we're down (during the week), I'll have a proper look this afternoon though, cheers.

The Railway museum is ace

• Upvote 1

Booked a couple of days in York for when I'm off in August, taking the missus, two kids (one toddler & one baby) & the mother in law.

Any suggestions for stuff to do with the kids (mainly the two year old as the baby is already hooked on glue)?

The railway museum is a good shout and it's free, your kids are probably a bit too young for some of the other tourist attractions, the Yorvik centre would probably scare them rather than entertain, Yorkshire museum is worth a visit if it's raining

If the weather is favourable take the kids on one of the many boat trips down the river or to Rowntree park which is a short walk from the city centre along the river, a walk along the bar walls is also an option where the views of the Minster and the city are good.

If all else fails you could always call at Tony's house for tea and custard creams.

• Upvote 2

Two is probably a bit young for the Jorvic centre which to be honest is decent but overpriced.

If you have time, take a drive to Knaresborough and visit the petrifying well. 

Also York Maize Maze will be open by then. http://www.yorkmaze.com/events/events-2018/

Could try Yorkshire Air Museum too which is pretty ace http://yorkshireairmuseum.org/

• Upvote 1

Cheers, for all the tips, out of rep I'm afraid. I'll have a good look over these with the missus in the coming days.

I should've said we're staying a Monday/Tuesday night (so no weekends) & are coming down on the train so driving is out.

Cheers, for all the tips, out of rep I'm afraid. I'll have a good look over these with the missus in the coming days.

I should've said we're staying a Monday/Tuesday night (so no weekends) & are coming down on the train so driving is out.

Are you staying in a hotel or self catering accommodation, Mook?

Are you staying in a hotel or self catering accommodation, Mook?

We're staying in a self catering apartment place right in the centre, the missus picked it all, I just gave her the money.

The mother in law is coming too so she'll look after the kids one of the nights while we go for a drink or two somewhere.