You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

RR, there does seem to be a lot of ex Liverpool footballers involved Heskey, Murphy, Gerrard, Carragher. I guess the agents offer that as part of their service as I think they were all part of the same agent group at one time.

Sounds very plausible that.  The only one I'd heard named specifically was Gerrard but there are so many celebs involved in this one that they're probably only highlighting the biggest names.

One thing I will say is that based on what I know of it so far, this is nothing like as comedic as Working Wheels, the avoidance scheme that Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow were involved in.  That was summarised by the tribunal as follows:

"A realistic view of the facts shows that the aim was that the appellants, "as though by magic", should appear to have incurred vast fees in order to borrow modest amounts of money they did not need in order to invest it in a "trade" they had no desire to pursue."

Which would actually be funny if it wasn't so cuntish.  Noted radio fat cunt Chris Moyles was also involved in that one; to illustrate the level of complexity of the scheme and just how artificial it was, here's a simple (!) diagram of the money flow in his case:

article-2565063-1BBC41E500000578-645_634

Doesn't really need any further comment does it.

Barcelona have offered Luis Suarez to Liverpool for a £10m loan fee with option to buy in 2 years, Deal can go through tonight if quick #LFC

0 replies32 retweets4 favorites
 Retweet32
 Favorite4
More

Please let it be..

Wouldn't be surprised if that happens next window, provided it dawns on Suarez that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Indeed, fine bit of mong fishing there by someone.

You say that, but it could be a good move for Liverpool and also Suarez himself.  And Barca.  A good deal all round.

Looks like it's dead in the water, though - nothing in the papers this morning.

As much as I would welcome Suarez back with open arms it's as deluded as the constant waiting for Alonso since he went. 

Why the utter fuck would West Ham buy Adebayor?

They planning on using the trusty 3-2-5 formation?

Allardyce just has them bypass the midfield anyway. Makes sense to have less players in there. I'm surprised he hasn't tried a 5-0-5 formation yet. 

Maybe when Real Madrid finally realise he is exactly what they need he can do that and sweep to Champions League and La Liga year after year proving that the opposition playing with midfielders is no match for Fat Shams tactical genius.

Merson really is lucky to still be in paid employment.

Merson is lucky to have had any paid employment. 

If Suarez comes back to England it won't be to Liverpool.

Exactly - he wanted to fuck off to Arsenal when he was here, so there is zero chance of us either having the money to buy him back, or him being interested enough to join us if he became available.

• Upvote 1

Exactly - he wanted to fuck off to Arsenal when he was here, so there is zero chance of us either having the money to buy him back, or him being interested enough to join us if he became available.

I think that just proves he's not particularly fussy. If we pay his wages and are in the CL, we have as much as Arsenal.

More likely to be City if he came back here.

You say that, but it could be a good move for Liverpool and also Suarez himself.  And Barca.  A good deal all round.

Looks like it's dead in the water, though - nothing in the papers this morning.

There's nothing in the papers because that's a blag twitter account, which is what I was getting at.

Tony Barrett's twitter:

https://twitter.com/tonybarrettimes

Blag twitter:

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTlmes

A bit of a clue is that the blag one only has 9 tweets whereas Tony Barrett's has about 32,000.

I watched the Barca-Villareal game with Juan Pablo Sorin doing commentary. He criticized Suarez for missing his chances in that game but felt that Barca are better with him in the side as he does a lot of things forward that neither Messi nor Neymar can, including his physicality - compared to them, of course.

Still looks a bit portly and sluggish to me.

That's the sad truth. I don't think he'll ever have another season with another team like with us last year though.

If Suarez ends up with say 15 goals per season over the next two years but ends up with a League title. Whilst also playing a part in challenging for the Champions League maybe even winning it. Surely that would be better than personal glory?. 

I'm pretty sure he knew that Messi rules the roost and he would not be the main man before his arrival. Add he enjoys the quality of life in a Spanish speaking country, life must be pretty pretty good.