You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Lazy criticism here - we had 6 defenders in our box - Gerrard doesn't close at all and both center backs bite and are cut out - the ball is well behind Moreno - he can't clear it first time there.

Irony is he probably would have seen more of the ball and created more space if he hadn't played so far forward.

that is on Rodgers.

Lovren didn't help him for the goal either in fairness. He's been shambolic at times. 

hes was average in spain,absolute shite in Europa Cup final and i told you he was shite before he signed.Absolute fucking garbage,as are the keeper,centre back,winger and striker.......talk about throwing your money away,fucking furious how shite we are.......and im Rodgers biggest fan.I think he's fucked his anfield career aswell as his marraige up in space of 6 months.

Whatever way you look at it, the goal was johnsons fault!

Seriously moreno needs to quickly grasp you dont get chance to take a second touch in the box here.

He's a young lad playing in a defence that hardly the best. Young flanagan might not look good in this back 4. Speaking of which, anyone know when hes supposed to be fit?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Whatever way you look at it, the goal was johnsons fault!

Seriously moreno needs to quickly grasp you dont get chance to take a second touch in the box here.

He's a young lad playing in a defence that hardly the best. Young flanagan might not look good in this back 4. Speaking of which, anyone know when hes supposed to be fit?

Yes, that fucking clown tried and failed once again to beat a player by cutting in side.  Someone should tell the cunt his legs are finally as slow as his brain.  Oh and Rodgers stop fucking picking him.

• Upvote 1

He tried a crazy shot wasn't it that led to them breaking and scoring. 

Yes, that was it.  The fucking usual for that clown.  Makes me wish for the end of the Season so I'll know longer have to endure that waste of space in a Red shirt.

One of my pet hates is absolute one-footedness.

I fumed right through Riise's LFC career that all of these managers & coaches on big salaries with certificates coming out of their collective kazoos haven't got the balls to get these overpaid players proficient with their weaker foot & it eventually cost us a CL final chance.

Even my f***ing school team manager had that on his radar & had us playing small-sided games only allowing us to kick with our poorer foot.

• Upvote 1

When the ball reached him in the box, he was definitely caught out as he wasn't expecting it but his reluctance to use his left foot means that it would never enter his head to try and clear the ball with his right foot. What happened was that he miscontrolled the ball and inadvertently served it on a plate to the Newcastle player to score. He was caught out in a similar manner at Man City too

He also never got going in an attacking sense despite staying quite high up the pitch. The team's ponderous play meant that he could never use his pace to get at the opposing full back and it negated any possibility of using him as a useful outlet. That's on the rest of the team rather than him personally, but the error in the box is on him.

Praise for Nathaniel Clyne on Motd tonight and people will be clamouring to buy him.

I'm not sure, I think Clyne has come on loads in the last 18 months and I think Moreno will too, as will Manquillo, and I still think Flanno could be exceptional.

I still think the root of our defensive problems lie with Skrtel and a lack of a defensive mid.

played a five yard pass to gerrard in the second half, simple tap with his right foot but had to twist himself around 180 degrees to use his left and was almost dispossessed, shit like that annoys me, still like him though. 

That was a 'what the fuck was that?' moment, it looked so weird and awkward.

Moreno's ability going forward is clouding peoples view of his defending, he has been absolutely woeful most of the season.

I said when we signed him that he was better going forward than defending,a Brendan signing if ever there was one but he isnt being helped by our team's overall form and its grossly unfair to single him out. Maybe Manquillo's good start is not helping Moreno's inconsistent one?

If we were banging them in up front I think he'd be ok and have time to settle in. Unfortunately, this isnt the case.

I like him even if he cost us badly yesterday and against City. The thing is with him and manquillo you can see real talent there. With the likes of lovren, he is as good as he will ever get here. Far bigger issues than alberto imo. When Flanno comes back, we could consider putting him in midfield.

A decent goalie, two commanding centre halves that do the basics first and foremost, an out and out striker and a defensive midfielder have to be bought in January.

Our centre halves or lack of them are clearly the main issue. Lovren is absolute dogshit and he won't get better. It has gotten to the stage where he isn't even doing the things he was supposedly renowned for. I like skrtel as a bloke, but he's a very average player - an ale house defender who is much better when he has fellas like Carra around him directing him. In the short term, it's kolo and Sakho for me, in the long term, it's illori and another.

We are not the City team of 2-3 years ago that had enough talent in abundance to babysit Mario so that he was indulged enough to be brilliant at times. I'd far rather borini who will run his socks off and get in the box...hardly Rushy or Kenny re-incarnated but at least then we have 11 players in the pitch rather than 10 and Mario swanning around. The scouts need to be breaking their arses to get a poacher for January, as we can't rely on Danny not being out for another 2-3 months in the new year.

Mig is a good lad and a mid-table level keeper. The problem here is that he is being judged against what should be liverpool class and is failing badly. He's not helped by what's in front of him, but then again it's pretty obvious that he just isn't good enough. With a top goalie, we would be about 6 points better off than we are.

The elephant in the room is that Stevie isn't good enough anymore. I'm not going to criticise him because he is the heartbeat of the club, but he should be no more than an impact player for 25-30 minutes. We need to see if we can develop the Allen, Henderson and Can axis and stick with it, at least until the end of the season. I see real raw talent in Can and even though he's very raw, he could be a top player I think.

Further upfield, we need to keep Sterling centrally and give Coutinho the space to grow into the world class player he can be. Brendan needs to give him space rather than the chopping and changing for every game. I'd like Lallana as a top level impact sub rather than a starter in most games. Hardly inspiring from a 25 mil player, but I'm sorry but even though I like Lallana he hasn't got it in his locker to be as good as Coutinho.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A decent goalie, two commanding centre halves that do the basics first and foremost, an out and out striker and a defensive midfielder have to be bought in January.

What's that, another 80-100 million? Who's going to buy the dross we already have?

What's that, another 80-100 million? Who's going to buy the dross we already have?

Sell as much as we can. Southampton have shown that you can buy very good players for relatively small amounts of money. There's very talented players on the continent who wouldn't cost crazy money but would make a sizeable difference.

The thing is that by January we could be out of the top 4 race. We can use the second half of the season to blood players - a bit like Brendan's first season when we had coutinho and Sturridge signed in January. It might also be a good time to give lads like Rossiter their chance of first team football.

I hate to say it, but right now my main concern would be us getting in decent shape for next season. I feel defeatist but this season feels like a write off. Of course, maybe when Sturridge comes back, we might have a chance of top 4, but I just don't see it right now.