You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like looking at maps?

Moctezuma

https://www.vesselfinder.com/

Finds any ship around the globe.

I use this one for all my shipping needs. Find it easier to use than the others. 

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-3/centery:53/zoom:10

I sometimes look out the window out towards the mouth of the Mersey and Irish Sea to identify the ships and to see where they're going to or coming from.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to lend my dad a map this weekend.

My Hexham and Haltwhistle Landranger complete with extra highlights, additional grid line numbers and half a route from whatever the last rally I navigated on was.

9K1PJVY.jpg

This isn't a fully marked one, I should have one somewhere with every country lane which is passable marked on it and notes of all of the bad jumps and bumps etc. but I appear to have lent that to someone else as I can't find it.

Typically I also mark out all of the overlaps with other sheets and hand draw any roads which work off and then back onto the map so if you have a section where you would be switching between two maps you can work more quickly by not needing to switch sheets, 

I'm trying to have a sort out of a lot of my old Rally Stuff as well so I should come across some interesting stuff with old rally routes and such like in amongst all of those. 

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...