You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

I don't know. I'm just not feeling the sinisterism.

Diego Garcia is smack bang in between where the plane took off from (Malaysia) and where they've found this wreckage (Reunion Island).

And in the course of my research (google maps), I've found that Reunion Island has a place on it called "Le Tampon".

So its all win.

It was nowhere near the initial search area though. Weren't they looking for it of the Australian coast ?

just waiting for the latest conspiracy explanation that this find was planted in order to hide a sinister plot.

It's a long, long way from the initial search area but they did a map of the currents around that area and if any wreckage washed up it would be on the east coast of Madagascar. Obviously Reunion Island is in that immediate area as well.

Its obvious that this is a piece of the plane, its the only 777 ever lost over sea. We all knew it was in the Indian Ocean its just a case of finding the rest of it, which will be a massive struggle.

It's a long, long way from the initial search area but they did a map of the currents around that area and if any wreckage washed up it would be on the east coast of Madagascar. Obviously Reunion Island is in that immediate area as well.

Its obvious that this is a piece of the plane, its the only 777 ever lost over sea. We all knew it was in the Indian Ocean its just a case of finding the rest of it, which will be a massive struggle.

A modulistic terror.

I know it's over a year since the crash and wreckage will move with the tide but it looks clearly like Infosat's expert analysis was fucking shit and has wasted everybody time. I'd be amazed if they find the black box etc now.

It does make me laugh that there was genuinly people out there that thought the aircraft had been landed somewhere or was part of some conspiracy.

The new wreckage has a huge tear in it, like from a giant claw.

Godzilla is on.

• Upvote 1

Before people start creating a whole new bunch of daft conspiracy theories for a big cover up about the found aircraft door that's no longer a door - The internals of an aircraft fuselage is all cross-hatched into hundreds of sections.

I very much doubt any door that has been flown into the sea at 500mph and then bobbed around the waters for a year is in one piece and so I would imagine a piece of metal was pulled up and some eejit mentioned it might be what's left of a door and then the one million mph movement of rumour on social media made this a fact in a matter of minutes.

As someone has said, it will be nearly impossible for them to find the black box, but if they do, I can't imagine they'll find out anything other than this was a black swan event, and the pilot switched off the transponder, flew for an hour or so off course and then deliberately nose dived it into the sea.