You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another new sponsorship deal.

Fugitive

Oh for the days when we glanced with envy at utds ability to market themselves, and ensure a sound financial footing that laid the foundations for continued success while we lamented moores inability to capitalise on the launch of the premier league and our world wide popularity.

I know you like being contrary but i'll bite anyway

The whole idea of signing these deals means we can compete for better players, and as you rightly say lay the foundations for continued success and a sound financial footing. To get that success though means we need to be competitive on the pitch. A lot of us are gnashing our teeth at these announcements at the same time that we see that just a little investment in the team at a vital time could make a difference to us getting back into the CL.

We all want success and we all want the club to be financially sound, but I think you can forgive fans for getting uppitty when we seem to be announcing signing money spinning deals on a weekly basis yet the club appear to be just quoting platitudes about it being a hard market with no value, are they trying to tell us that we cant sell ourselves to potential players and go in for players that are within our budget?

I sincerely hope we can pull a deal or 2 out of the bag in the next few days but if our sole activity proves to be these commercial deals and we get fourth with this squad, obviously I wont complain and will be happy to have whinged for nothing. If we miss out though, even you must admit it'll be a big 'if only' moment that we'd regret not at least gambling a little to get ourselves where we want to be, and at the same time weakening the likes of United, Everton and Tottenham.

I know you like being contrary but i'll bite anyway

The whole idea of signing these deals means we can compete for better players...

is it?  I'm not sure it's as simple as that.  I don't really buy into the assumption that the owners want to invest in the team to make it a winning one.  

is it?  I'm not sure it's as simple as that.  I don't really buy into the assumption that the owners want to invest in the team to make it a winning one.  

i know what you're saying but I'm an optimist and like to hope that it's not just to swell the FSG coffers

• Upvote 1