You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

2 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Can’t see him at a Saudi club in the next couple of years. It’s not taking off at all is it and he’s still at his peak. Hopefully he doesn’t hold us to ransom but I can see him signing an extension at the start of the new guys reign. Providing the shithouses don’t tell him it's £30m plus sell to buy.

Give him a 2 years extension with a wage bump with savings from Thiago's wage. It's a no brainer. 

We need all the leaders during the transition. Even if we just replace Matip in the summer, it's fine if we retain all the big players/leaders.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says forward Mohamed Salah is "ready to start" when the Reds take on Sparta Prague in the second leg of their Europa League last-16 tie on Thursday.

"It's super important we build up Mo, he's ready, top fit," said Klopp.

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Considering Salah’s record of seven concecutive seasons with more than 20 goals scored, I wondered how it looked like for Rush and Hunt, and if the only reason Rush did not do the same was because he left for Juventus.

Here are the numbers. 

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

On 15/03/2024 at 21:02, Code said:

Considering Salah’s record of seven concecutive seasons with more than 20 goals scored, I wondered how it looked like for Rush and Hunt, and if the only reason Rush did not do the same was because he left for Juventus.

Here are the numbers. 

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

IMG_0249.jpeg

If you are going to start comparisons with Hunt,Rush et al then you have to factor in unfactorables like a 'heavier footballs v light aerodynamic state of the art footballs.' Pitches like farmers fields v silk carpets. Not to mention goals racked up against the likes of Dynamo Donkeycart of Albania or FC Wherethefuckarewe? Estonia into the equations. Sleeping in Royal Palaces pre match versus no sleep due to constant noise for preparation for European ties. It's incomparable.

He's become a weird player alot of this season the eye test makes you think Jesus he's fallen off a cliff and then you look at his stats and it's not the case. I think I'd like a fast threatening player on the right and have him as a 9 for a lot of games. How does Alonso even play what would be his role in an alonso team if Alonso is the man.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's become a weird player alot of this season the eye test makes you think Jesus he's fallen off a cliff and then you look at his stats and it's not the case. I think I'd like a fast threatening player on the right and have him as a 9 for a lot of games. How does Alonso even play what would be his role in an alonso team if Alonso is the man.

It's not weird at all. He is at the point in his career where he knows exactly how to get his numbers and be effective but he is obviously not going to be as dynamic as when he was 25.

He has to fit into a team, like Ronaldo still being effective for himself and his own numbers but its for a manager to decide at what cost and when that cost becomes too much regardless of Salah knowing exactly how to be effective for himself. He's clearly not an issue on that front yet or even close but as his game changes I'd rather his position on the pitch did, he's a goal threat and what he's losing physically means I'd rather he be closer to goal. It depends on the next managers game plan though  I doubt he'd be building a team around Salah now.

A load of absolute bollocks being written in the last few posts here.

Salah did not have a poor game at all.

He almost scored with an absolute superb finish from a volley where both feet were off the ground, no other player on the pitch would come close.

He set up Endo for a goal with a great assist, the VAR said it was offside, I dont agree at all, Lindeløfs foot was far closer to goal than Salah.

He scored the goal to give us the lead just before the break.

I understand the idea to take him off because he was supposed to not play 90 minutes against Sparta Praha, but like almost every other time when we take Salah off, it gives the opposition a boost and we lose our one true creative player, the one who is most likely to score or set up a goal. 

If Salah had played the full game, we would be up against Coventry in the semis now.