You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

1 hour ago, Jurgen Knows said:

As per the latest rumor mill in Saudi:

Ittihad raised their bid to £120M.

LFC will give their response on Monday.

Salah told LFC he wants to move.

I reckon he's gone after tomorrow too.

I also reckon that we'll spend the money badly, or not at all.

We are unravelling. 7ths and 8ths for a while. 2018-2021 was the golden period.

You can put this squarely on the owners.

2 hours ago, luxury_scruff said:

I reckon he's gone after tomorrow too.

I also reckon that we'll spend the money badly, or not at all.

We are unravelling. 7ths and 8ths for a while. 2018-2021 was the golden period.

You can put this squarely on the owners.

Wouldn't say we're unravelling like. Worst case and he fucks off this week we've got four attackers already. At least two of them top drawer. 

Salah was shite last season, stats or no. I've been around long enough to know I can't be arsed with us persevering with players who don't want to be here. If that's the case then fuck him off sooner rather than later.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Wouldn't say we're unravelling like. Worst case and he fucks off this week we've got four attackers already. At least two of them top drawer. 

Salah was shite last season, stats or no. I've been around long enough to know I can't be arsed with us persevering with players who don't want to be here. If that's the case then fuck him off sooner rather than later.

Tend to agree with this, even if ‘shite’ is obviously the wrong word. He was not good enough in the general play however, and I reckon the team suffered from it. Same has been the case this season.

A well functioning unit is far more important than having one player scoring goals, even if the latter is of course important as well.

We’ve been laughing at the mancs for a few years now, everyone could see that Zlatan was no good for them, even if he scored goals. Same with Ronaldo for his last spell. Not saying we’re quite there with Salah yet, but it’s been a year and a half since we saw the best of him, and it’s becoming a bit of a concern imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

Brace ourselves for the ominous “Salah” left out of squad for tomorrow 

I don't see that happening to be honest, well not unless we've already agreed a fee. He'll want to go out on a bang if he's on his way and we'll keep playing him if there's no fee agreed, aside from anything else, we're still negotiating at that point and dropping him says we're planning to let him go. 

5 hours ago, Baltar said:

Salah is still our best attacker, by a huge distance. We would be giving up any hope of winning anything if we let Salah leave this summer. We need to reject any offer from the Saudi's. Tell them to fuck off and come back next summer.

Forget winning anything, we’d be giving up any hope of the top five, which admittedly might suit FSG if the offer is sufficient.

35 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I know footballers are generally impatient as their careers are short etc but surely Salah could understand if we said "this is too late notice and you just signed a new contract. Negotiate a move for next summer and we'll let you go then". I can't imagine he'd throw a strop. Would he?

Today’s line up might give us the answer.

32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I know footballers are generally impatient as their careers are short etc but surely Salah could understand if we said "this is too late notice and you just signed a new contract. Negotiate a move for next summer and we'll let you go then". I can't imagine he'd throw a strop. Would he?

All the leaks are saying he's happy for Liverpool to decide. So if this is real (and we don't know it is), I don't see he'd be a cunt about it. Klopp may not want to keep him though, but he has shown with coutinho he can make that work. 

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I'm not expecting it to happen but if Salah doesn't play today then Klopp should just hang him out to dry, no covering, no 'slight knock' or 'because of the distraction' excuses.

I think Salah would want to play today regardless. If he doesn’t play then it would be Klopp’s decision in my view.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Salah has to play or its going to cause such a whirlwind of bullshit it's untrue. 

You just don't sell your top scorer with a week left to go if you've any ambition beyond counting money.

Depends.

If he came out and said he was downing tools and wouldn't play no matter what you might as well sell, replacement or no replacement.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Depends.

If he came out and said he was downing tools and wouldn't play no matter what you might as well sell, replacement or no replacement.

Yeah if he came out and said that or acted that way but can you really see Salah doing that. 

I wouldn't sell because he demands it anyway, he's under contract and like Suarez with his Arsenal bullshit, he'd get over it and perform. The clubs needs come first and selling Salah would be mental first of all we'd have to do business first or we risk being rinsed by everybody so as is our way eventually do nothing and walk away, the club a bit richer but 30 goals missing from the team.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah if he came out and said that or acted that way but can you really see Salah doing that. 

I can't but I'm not sure it's possible to predict what footballers will do anymore, who thought Henderson would go to Saudi!!