You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Americans only get to see what we get over here Robbie, those restrictions apply to all TV, the pictures we get are those shown by CBS Sports.

As for Tiger's prospects, I can see him having to hit a lot of his second balls from the pine needles as is still looking pretty wayward and has been really struggling with his driver. His putting looks phenomenal however and he is brilliant at getting himself out of trouble if he does find the trees.

I might have little each way bets on Charl Schwartzel who has been looking impressive recently and is a former winner, and Matt Kuchar who lives in Georgia and will get massive support from the locals. It would be brilliant to see Tiger and Rory go head to head on the final day though.

Never mind, this answers it.

Cheers.

I would love to see a 35 year old Jack Nicklaus playing in this now, see how he gets on. The way he talks about the game is on a different level to any other golfer. Worra guy.

Fowler is looking good here. The shit haired tit.

66/1

He can look like Monty for all I fucking care.

I would love to see a 35 year old Jack Nicklaus playing in this now, see how he gets on. The way he talks about the game is on a different level to any other golfer. Worra guy.

Fowler is looking good here. The shit haired tit.

I think Nicklaus would have done pretty well as he finished 6th in 1998 aged 58.

Do the yanks show this from 6 in the morning the way the BBC do for the Open?

Directv has special coverage for this so I'm fairly certain between them and the ESPN coverage you can watch it live from first shot, but then there is coverage on whichever local broadcast corp affiliate is carrying it usually starting at 330 EST. Not sure if that's there for the first two rounds though but definitely for Saturday and Sunday.

The market for Golf has gotten considerably larger here than it was when I was a child but it's still not near as big as it is overseas from what I understand. The Masters is by far the most heavily covered golfing event of the year for us though.

Freddie Couples always seems to start off well. Only missed the cut once in 25 years. That's a great record.

I invested a pound of my hard earned money on him leading after the 1st round at 125/1. Close but no cigar. Like you say, he always starts well here.