You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

The mongs are having their weekly Ronaldo going back there rumour on twitter and getting excited

Fucking clowns

It wont end till his contract announcement is made. It was reported extensively in the Spanish media he had either been offered or had signed a new 5 year contract.

That was about a week ago and when Ronaldo was asked about it he wouldn't confirm or deny it. What he did say was a hint to expect a announcement of some sort very shortly.

He's supposedly in Manchester. And his old squad number has been vacated...

I think if he had really gone to Manchester someone other than that idiot Crerand would have picked up on it

Particularly Sky who have been trying to make any slight hint about a big signing for scum sound like its happening

Real seem to have ended their interest in Siqueira, and we have supposedly moved in for him again. Can't say ive seen much of him, but from what i have seen he seems like a very gifted player, sort of a quicker version of Aurelio.

I've never seen the guy, not even heard of him. But the very fact Real were interested should say a geat deal. I hope we get him.

I think if he had really gone to Manchester someone other than that idiot Crerand would have picked up on it

Particularly Sky who have been trying to make any slight hint about a big signing for scum sound like its happening

Some Sky bloke saying the same thing. Not that I believe it. But I wouldn't entirely rule it out, either...

I think the quotes from Brendan re Coutinho playing the no 10 role once we get some quality out wide is very telling. Henrikh Mkhitaryan was mainly a number 10 so I don't think the plan was always for Coutinho to play there - I think we must've decided that we can't get a 10 so now we're focussed on wide players - plus letting Downing go strengthens the chances IMO.

Coutinho is definitely better in the number 10 role but with Gerrard and Lucas behind him we could have a very soft centre. If Lucas isn't at his very best then we are going to have problems. We will also have problems if he gets injured again as we haven't even got the likes of Cody or Spearing here to cover for him. Aside from left back it's the one position in the team where we badly need some competition.

Well United only need to activate his buyout clause , so expect it to happen.

Oh wait his buyout clause is set at £1 billion.

Coutinho is definitely better in the number 10 role but with Gerrard and Lucas behind him we could have a very soft centre. If Lucas isn't at his very best then we are going to have problems. We will also have problems if he gets injured again as we haven't even got the likes of Cody or Spearing here to cover for him. Aside from left back it's the one position in the team where we badly need some competition.

The yawning chasm in our midfield has not been addressed this summer.

Alexis Sanchez would be a good replacement for Suarez. If only we could arrange a swap deal... I'd happily accept straight swap, no cash involved if that could happen. Would feel kind of sorry for Barca though having to put up with his next drama, as it's surely going to happen.

Alexis Sanchez would be a good replacement for Suarez. If only we could arrange a swap deal... I'd happily accept straight swap, no cash involved if that could happen. Would feel kind of sorry for Barca though having to put up with his next drama, as it's surely going to happen.

Sanchez AND Mascherano ???

On news talk radio here in Ireland, they're quoting paddy crerand,whilst laughing, saying ron was spotted in Manchester, ala zidane spotted every year in Liverpool since 97

They shouldn't be mocking the mentally challenged.