You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

North Korea gettin' all Gangnam up in this bitch.

Unrighteous

Might be for the best that the US take out this lunatic N Korean leadership. It would benefit the N Korean people in the long run if they were rid off this piece of shit family that's ruled them for so long.

If the US decide to attack I really can't see China seriously getting involved. They wouldn't want to jeopardise trade with their biggest consumer.

It's a strange situation. The North Koreans seem to be intent on pissing America and the South off but seemingly unwilling to do anything to provoke them with actual force. We've seen with the North Korean's in the past when they want to provoke with force they will.

If its just about food it's fucking insane. Why not just have the U.N funnel food through China and save some of the poor starving fuckers whilst placating the NK leadership. Fuck sanctions, its not working.

How very sad. Your life must be miserable.

When did England stop standing up for what they believe in? Free market, democracy, the works?

I see i am in the minority here so you guys can have your convo back.

Its ok thanks mate and nothing against you or American people i mean they get bullshitted all the time and have been for years by your own government.

The same as here and the government bullshit all the time only the differance being we dont go around on the quiet fucking up other countries in the likes of South America and apart from the wmd shit we got compared to the bullshit you have had and still get pales into insignifacance.

Vietnam springs to mind.

To clarify my I said about being the evilest goes back to world war 2 and the bombing of Hiroshima or more so nuked.

Japan was on the verge of surrender before they got nuked and infact as little as days away from doing it.Russia had nade it known they were going in and the Japs knew they were fucked.They went in 3 days after Hiroshima and invaded on 3 sides.A lot of people say it was more of the reason for there surrender than the actual two bombs.I find it a bit hard to believe but the fact they knew if Russia went in it was all over and they were going to surrender puts them bombs and there use of them knowning all this well I dont have to say.

All this is well known about so for them to be nuked not once but twice then evil probably dosent come close to why I said it.

It s nothing against you like I said so no idea why your keeping out of it.

Unless of course you believe everything your told by yours then I understand.

I don't see how this would end in MAD (mutually assured destruction) because there's an obvious nutter that is actually threatening and it's not one of the big players. He's everything we were told Saddam Hussein was and they went in there (oil) and China have distanced themselves from him and Russia are looking to take advantage with some games of their own.

He can do some local damage that could cost millions of lives, I believe it's all bluff. He knows he has decent defences and at least the threat of some form of nuclear device so the chances of the US sending land forces is minimal. He probably believes that they could survive heavy bombing.

As I said earlier I can see China getting involved and taking him out, nobody wants a nutter as a neighbour, especially one with nukes.

Of course he could decide to not play by the rules in which case the shit will really hit the fan.

Something I said earlier about I am more wondering about why after every other time NK do this are America treating this different.

More worringly theres no signs of them stopping sending ships etc over there.

I would hazzard a pretty good guess NK total nukes is 0.

For the reasons of the pentagon saying they think they have 6.

Knowing how on there past history of reporting stuff it falls into catergory a or b with a being they always hype the amount up by loads and 6 not being loads then highly likely 0.

B The fact that when they had there nuclear site up the plutonium it could produce in a year amounted to just making enough for 1 bomb.

By all reports they shut the site down a few years ago and they are saying about reopening it.

Then the point of if the guy is as mad as what he is being made out to be then I am more than sure China would of already turned him into a special fried rice.

They would not just of sat back and done nothing with a nuclear armed lunatic on there doorstep no matter how much they might think he is under there wing.

I cant see nothing happening now and personally he might be a loon but with nukes no.

Thats why China havent done anything and are just going to let America go in and take loonball out and stamp out any future chance of him getting the nuclear site back up and running.

When did England stop standing up for what they believe in? Free market, democracy, the works?

Every year the UN publish a report about countries and areas where the population does not have basic human rights like voting. In a list of wonderful countries like Iran, Syria and North Korea is the USA.

So should the British invade Washington D.C (again) in order to get their inhabitants representation?

Link?

Not got a link mate. I read it in the Economist in an article about Washington DC having no congressmen or Senetors. They need to change the constitution to do it but it's a massive Demoratic area so the Republicans will not do it. Hence parts of America are un democratic and it's why they are on a watch list.

DC Voting Rights – Taxation Without Representation in Washington, DC

Did you know that more than half a million Americans live in Washington DC and do not have congressional voting rights? That’s right, DC was established by our forefathers as a federal district to be governed by Congress and residents of our nation's capital do not have democratic representation in the U. S. Senate or the U.S. House of Representatives. People who live in DC pay the second highest per capita federal income taxes in the country but have no vote on how the federal government spends their tax dollars and no vote on important issues such as health care, education, Social Security, environmental protection, crime control, public safety and foreign policy.

An amendment to the Constitution needs to be passed to give DC voting rights. Congress has passed laws to modify the DC government structure in the past. In 1961, the 23rd Constitutional amendment granted DC residents the right to vote in Presidential elections. In 1973, Congress passed the District of Columbia Home Rule Act giving DC the right to a local government (mayor and city council). For decades DC residents have written letters, protested, and filed lawsuits striving to change the city’s voting status. Unfortunately, to date they have been unsuccessful.

Its ok thanks mate and nothing against you or American people i mean they get bullshitted all the time and have been for years by your own government.

The same as here and the government bullshit all the time only the differance being we dont go around on the quiet fucking up other countries in the likes of South America and apart from the wmd shit we got compared to the bullshit you have had and still get pales into insignifacance.

Vietnam springs to mind.

To clarify my I said about being the evilest goes back to world war 2 and the bombing of Hiroshima or more so nuked.

Japan was on the verge of surrender before they got nuked and infact as little as days away from doing it.Russia had nade it known they were going in and the Japs knew they were fucked.They went in 3 days after Hiroshima and invaded on 3 sides.A lot of people say it was more of the reason for there surrender than the actual two bombs.I find it a bit hard to believe but the fact they knew if Russia went in it was all over and they were going to surrender puts them bombs and there use of them knowning all this well I dont have to say.

All this is well known about so for them to be nuked not once but twice then evil probably dosent come close to why I said it.

It s nothing against you like I said so no idea why your keeping out of it.

Unless of course you believe everything your told by yours then I understand.

Not true, The Japanese high command had no intention of surrender even after the second bomb, most of them killed themself after the emperor ordered them to

What the fuck is Cameron on giving a speech that North Korea has the technology to launch missiles at Britain? As if, you soft twat.

North Korea missile reach shows need for Trident nuclear deterrent – PM

David Cameron said on Thursday that Britain would be foolish to abandon an independent nuclear deterrent on the scale of Trident, pointing to the threat posed by North Korea, and other unstable regimes.

Cameron made his remarks*(video)after visiting submarine HMS Victorious, one of the vessels that carry the Trident missile, as it returned from its 100th patrol – though his warning that North Korea posed a direct threat to Britain was later challenged by senior defence figures.

The prime minister's renewed backing for a like-for-like replacement for Trident appeared to be aimed at the Lib Dems and the Scottish nationalists.Cameron, speaking to defence workers in Glasgow, said North Korea had missile technology that could threaten Europe, adding that the "noises" coming from Pyongyang were "worrying".He said: "North Korea does now have missile technology that is able to reach, as they put it, the whole of the [uS], so if they're able to reach the whole of the US they can reach Europe too. They can reach us too. I think the question we need to ask ourselves in the context of this debate about a nuclear deterrent, is what will a country like North Korea be like in 10 years, 20 years, 30 years?"To me, having that nuclear deterrent is quite simply the best insurance policy you can have that you will never be subject to nuclear blackmail."

Cameron said he hoped a decision for Trident replacement would be made and that the missile would be based in Scotland. He said he was "very concerned" with the recent developments in North Korea, and urged Pyongyang to ensure "heat" was taken out of the situation."

Obviously, it has extremely dangerous technologies in terms of nuclear and its weapons, it has a new and relatively unknown leader, and obviously the noises it has been making in recent weeks and months are worrying and threatening," he said. "North Korea should abide by all the UN resolutions which have been laid down. We do need to make sure that the heat is taken out of this situation. It is principally North Korea, almost entirely North Korea, who is able to do that and who ought to do that."But Lord Ramsbotham, former deputy commander of UK land forces, said North Korea was not relevant to UK foreign policy and argued that the real problem facing Britain was whether it could afford to replace Trident."

When you're looking at the national self-interest of the UK, the threat from North Korea simply doesn't enter into it, and we are looking at a quarrel, a dispute which involves North Korea, South Korea, Russia, China, Japan and the United States in a particular part of the world," he said."

There is no evidence at all to suggest that the North Koreans possess a weapon which the prime minister suggested could pose a threat to Europe, or indeed to us".

Cameron had initially been visiting Scotland to underwrite the importance of Nato membership to Scotland.Alec Salmond, the SNP leader, yesterday responded to the visit by saying: "What won't happen in an independent Scotland will be getting dragged into illegal wars and having Trident nuclear weapons dumped on the Clyde for another 50 years".

Labour has yet to set out whether it will support a like-for-like replacement for Trident. Shadow defence minister Kevan Jones said it was "absolutely right and necessary" for the UK to retain an independent nuclear deterrent, "but it must take into account the costs involved".Liberal Democrat MP Sir Malcolm Bruce told Sky News: "We are saying we shouldn't replace Trident on a like-for-like basis but we are looking at alternative nuclear deterrents once Trident has passed its sell-by date."