You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Some thoughts:

"We can't afford to pay top wages". We fucking well can- 9th richest club in the world allegedly.

"His heart was set on going" - fair enough, go in 4 months time, instead of in the middle of the season when we have no replacement lined up, and anyone we go for will have an automatic £30M added to their price tag.

"He was too much trouble behind the scenes"- don't care what he did behind the scenes, he could carry on doing it as long as he carried on producing on the pitch like he was, and then bugger off in the summer.

"We'll be OK as long as we spend the money properly"- sorry, that money's already gone on VVD and Keita.

"We've lost good players before and survived"- survived, but won sweet FA and slipped from no.1 to no.4-8 in the league.

Love the way they've released the news the day after we knock the bitters out of the cup and everyone's in a good mood.

Every time we look like we're getting our shit together the rug is pulled from under us by these shitpot yanks.

• Upvote 3

Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

“It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

“Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

“I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

“Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

“The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

“Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

“Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

“I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

“So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/286597-jurgen-klopp-on-philippe-coutinho-transfer

Jurgen Cuck.

Cuckholdenpressen.

• Upvote 2

Some thoughts:

"We can't afford to pay top wages". We fucking well can- 9th richest club in the world allegedly.

"His heart was set on going" - fair enough, go in 4 months time, instead of in the middle of the season when we have no replacement lined up, and anyone we go for will have an automatic £30M added to their price tag.

"He was too much trouble behind the scenes"- don't care what he did behind the scenes, he could carry on doing it as long as he carried on producing on the pitch like he was, and then bugger off in the summer.

"We'll be OK as long as we spend the money properly"- sorry, that money's already gone on VVD and Keita.

"We've lost good players before and survived"- survived, but won sweet FA and slipped from no.1 to no.4-8 in the league.

Love the way they've released the news the day after we knock the bitters out of the cup and everyone's in a good mood.

Every time we look like we're getting our shit together the rug is pulled from under us by these shitpot yanks.

All that falls down if he stopped producing on the pitch. Jurgen has said he was insistent with him and even his teammates. Is Klopp hinting that Countinho was beginning to be disruptive and get on his teammates tits moaning at every opportunity how he wanted away? Who knows.

This is the part that really grates on me:

We have never been in a better position in recent times

We may have less points and sit lower on the table, but as a project, we've moved further along -- or am I imaging things? 

Losing Coutinho is a blow,  but everything is not going to disintegrate and regress just because of him. 

That statement with Klopp's name put to it is fucking cringeworthy and smacks of patronising the fans.

How so?

Unless you want them to write the truth of course - that they're pissed off with the little cunt constantly asking for a transfer, virtually refusing to play and more than likely, destabalising the squads group ethic and they have now finally thought fuck it, the little cunt can go and we'll get as much as we can for the little wanker. 

That statement with Klopp's name put to it is fucking cringeworthy and smacks of patronising the fans.

A bit but no harm in a bit of positivity. Though I'm not sure why some people are responding to it as if it proves anything, what's he supposed to say, if indeed these are all his own words? "I have to sell to buy but remain positive I can do a good job with that cos I'm Jurgen fucking Klopp and I've done it all before". No, apart from the fact he's not that kind of person, at least publically, he knows how to play the game.

Seriously Klopp would have sat down with the club press office and dictated what his thoughts were he does not have to write anything in English except his own name. I am amazed at this forum everyone has a conspiracy. The lad did not want to be here any more never mind play. People seem to think it is a question of saying youre going nowhere. How do you measure that he is putting 100% commitment in come end of January. Loved Coutinho while he was here but I view all players like modern marriages in that most people have several wifes or husbands not at the same time obviously. So nothing unusual with a player having 4 or 5 clubs.

• Upvote 1

How so?

Unless you want them to write the truth of course - that they're pissed off with the little cunt constantly asking for a transfer, virtually refusing to play and more than likely, destabalising the squads group ethic and they have now finally thought fuck it, the little cunt can go and we'll get as much as we can for the little wanker.

It is full of placation IMO.

Actually be better just saying nothing - obviously he'd have to answer questions in interviews when asked but the 'statement' to me smacks of being designed to placate and to pre-empt any criticism...it is defensive really and in being so over eggs it.

it was that night in the Freshfield, wasn't it?

How did you find out about that??? I hate this flat feeling I get when we lose our best players to teams we would like to challenge.

Buzzing today after spending the morning tormenting my blue brethren. They're telling me we are only a higher level feeder club now. It's hard to disagree.

Tell me who doesn't worry when one of our players begins to shine. We're all made up of course but in the back of your mind you know he's gonna go.

I totally trust Klopp so that's something To lift my mood. He has bought well so far. If he gets a good keeper and another good player in we could continue kicking on. Onwards and upwards then Reds eh. Sighs

• Upvote 1