You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I don't begrudge him wanting to leave.  Hell I'd want to go if Barca/Madrid came knocking.  It's more losing him in January and for a piss poor amount tied up in what looks like clauses whist we had all the control.  Absolute joke of a club near top to bottom.

Know wonder we have so many shithouses on the pitch.  A mirror image of a lot of people at the top and those doing the so called negotiating.

Can we sign Mahrez at least?

Don't care who it is as long as we sign someone...

If the last 6 months have taught us anything about Klopp's want for a player - he would rather bide his time to get the player that he wants than to placate a fan base by rushing into a signing. 

we have lost big players before and we will lose them again in the future we always survive i really do think we have enough talent in the squad to not have to rush out and buy someone just for the sake of buying id rather wait till the summer and get the right person  

I don't begrudge him wanting to leave.  Hell I'd want to go if Barca/Madrid came knocking.  It's more losing him in January and for a piss poor amount tied up in what looks like clauses whist we had all the control.  Absolute joke of a club near top to bottom.

I think Liverpool have negotiated this well, and squeezed as much from the deal as realistically possible.

They've got a player on their hands with sights set elsewhere, and no matter how professional (or not) he is, once that happens, I think you have to work on managing the exit in the best interests of the club, not the player (but knowing his mood won't remain good forever).

As you say, in the current footballing world, if Barca or Real come calling, it's a very big pull for some players. I'd like to think that appeal is slowly fading, but it's a very slow process.

• Upvote 1

Got to admit I’m pretty fucking devastated.

He’s proven himself to be truly world class over the past 2 seasons and players like that are hard to replace as we’ve found out in the past.

One of the most naturally gifted players I’ve ever seen. He was an absolute joy to watch. Our attacking play will take a hit with his departure.

I’m gutted he’s gone and getting sick of repeatedly losing our best players as they reach their prime.

So long you brilliant little cunt.

• Upvote 1

If the last 6 months have taught us anything about Klopp's want for a player - he would rather bide his time to get the player that he wants than to placate a fan base by rushing into a signing.

If Countinho's departure doesn't cost us a Champions League spot, FA Cup win or a solid Champions league run then groovy.

It's just seems a high risk for just 105m (not counting addons).

If that's true then we should of negotiated a replacement then. If we haven't then someone needs firing as this is a fuckup.

I think they've negotiated a 'rebalance' of the team - rather than a replacement. There's no point in replacing him (if you can even find a replacement) when there are more pressing needs (like defence). It makes perfect sense to me that Klopp's finally looking at the defence.

Of course, I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced, just that if you have the funds available, and a glaring weakness at the back, it makes sense to address those immediate issues rather than sit on the cash waiting for a replacement to come on the market, meanwhile the defence is still leaking.

Just my opinion of course!

I think Liverpool have negotiated this well, and squeezed as much from the deal as realistically possible.

They've got a player on their hands with sights set elsewhere, and no matter how professional (or not) he is, once that happens, I think you have to work on managing the exit in the best interests of the club, not the player (but knowing his mood won't remain good forever).

As you say, in the current footballing world, if Barca or Real come calling, it's a very big pull for some players. I'd like to think that appeal is slowly fading, but it's a very slow process.

We held all the card and have sold him with a near third of the money tied up in clauses if reports are true.  Southampton negotiated well from a possession of strength we bent over like cunts as usual.

We held all the card and have sold him with a near third of the money tied up in clauses if reports are true. Southampton negotiated well from a possession of strength we bent over like cunts as usual.

Southampton negotiated a deal that has 3/4 of the cash tied up apparently. So a bad example if that's true.