You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

I really don't want to see Suarez shunted out wide to accommodate Sturridge.

Suarez is our best player by an absolute mile, he has to be in a central position.

He'll roam wherever, he wouldn't be restricted.

The problem with Suarez central is we often have no one in the box. Suarez goes down the line looking to pull the ball back and we have no one in that six yard box. I'm hoping Sturridge will be the man to finish those chances.

Sturridge needs to hit the ground running. All this talk of not putting expectations on him is ridiculous - he's an England International who's coming here from the reigning European Champions(urgh, even typing that makes me wince) because he wants to play football. He's been lauded as one of Englands hottest properties for a while now, we know he's got it in him - so now is the time to see it consistently.

Obviously we will afford him a few weeks to get his sharpness seeing as he has lost most of this season due to Chelsea's obsession with trying to get their record signing firing, but he needs to have a big impact on the remainder of the season, and personally - i think he will.

Hope he starts centrally. He's got more of the instincts associated with a centre forward than Luis and I genuinely think Suarez will still get us 15 goals a season minimum from the left.

Sturrisge had got pace, a great shot and scores lots of six yard box tap ins. He's a bit of an Andy Cole type for me, he'll miss some bit he'll keep backing himself and gets in there again.

Just need someone on the right of that front three and then a top attacking midfielder and we're nearly set.

At £12m and £65k a week I hope he does feel the f****** pressure. The last thing we need is another JC, SD etc, highly paid shoppers.

Typicsl Xerxes. How about quoting my entire post instead of just a snippet? My entire post made more sense than just this isolated piece.

Either way I stand by it. Regardless of who he played for etc.he still needs some time to settle and I can see some getting on his back if he doesn't start scoring straight away.

Regardless of who he played for etc.he still needs some time to settle and I can see some getting on his back if he doesn't start scoring straight away.

The Carroll debacle has lowered our standards. The Club is entitled to get what it is paying for.

Of course he will need to adjust. The question mark on Sturridge has never been his ability, it has been his attitude which alienated him from players and staff at Stamford Bridge.

I hope he comes with the feeling that he has something to prove,he is as good an option as any at the moment.

I've got a feeling he'll be boss for us.

I'm hoping so too, basing it pretty much on his time at Bolton. We need to recognise it's difficult to establish yourself at a Man City or Chelsea as you're competing against a conveyor belt of players who are brought in as the finished article.

I think he'll be quality, I also think for 7 million we should be in for Demba Ba, I know he's got a dodgy knee but I can't see how a front 3 of Suarez Ba and Sturridge wouldn't get 30 goals between them from now until the end of the season, that's where we are lacking so the more options the better IMO.

He'll roam wherever, he wouldn't be restricted.

The problem with Suarez central is we often have no one in the box. Suarez goes down the line looking to pull the ball back and we have no one in that six yard box. I'm hoping Sturridge will be the man to finish those chances.

I think that problem would be even more highlighted if Suarez was not started in a central position, looking at the squad we have now. Only Suarez and Gerrard have the instinct to make runs into the danger areas of the box, from the 15 or so players that usually start for us,: Suppose Cole has that instinct too, but he's not starting games and is widely considered shit so that's irrelevant.

Sturridge has that instinct from the wide right position, Ince does too, or at least it seems like it to me, though that's only from 2 or 3 full games and highlights. I also reckon the coaching staff is working on Sterling in that sense too, seems he tries to make those runs more and more frequently, look at our second goal yesterday for example. Anyway, the point is very good, we need more players with that instinct, it's very much key if you are going to play 4-3-3 or variations of that anyway.

I think the 7 million only applies to clubs who finished in the top 4. I think Sturridge will turn out to be a 12 million pound player so we will get what we pay for but his influence of just being there another threat except Suarez will pay off for the team. It's less riskier than carrol or the downing fees that's for sure.

If he doesn't score within 5 mins of his debut there will be mongs on here calling for his head.

Such is the quality of fan these days. I hope he doesn't feel the weight of pressure that some have already placed on him.

He is a cog in a wheel. He won't be our saviour. I reckon he'll do well, but as part of a team rather than a superstar like Suarez.

Well said mate. Bang on.

I think that problem would be even more highlighted if Suarez was not started in a central position, looking at the squad we have now. Only Suarez and Gerrard have the instinct to make runs into the danger areas of the box, from the 15 or so players that usually start for us,: Suppose Cole has that instinct too, but he's not starting games and is widely considered shit so that's irrelevant.

Sturridge has that instinct from the wide right position, Ince does too, or at least it seems like it to me, though that's only from 2 or 3 full games and highlights. I also reckon the coaching staff is working on Sterling in that sense too, seems he tries to make those runs more and more frequently, look at our second goal yesterday for example. Anyway, the point is very good, we need more players with that instinct, it's very much key if you are going to play 4-3-3 or variations of that anyway.

Sturridge IMO has been at his best centrally at Bolton. He can play wide, but is more effective central.

Suarez is boss wide or central. He showed that at Ajax.