You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have a British Manager to manage Liverpool?

WhiskeyJar

Would you support a British manager to manage Liverpool  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a British manager to manage Liverpool

• Yes.
    • No. (Stick to Foreign Managers)

Would you give a British manager support if Rafa would leave/sacked whatever?

I like having a foreign manager at the helm as they tend to think outside the box and because it winds up the media so damn much.

In return though, is it about time to play some old fashion English tactics?

P.S: This is not a Rafa bashing thread, I want him to stay. The purpose of this thread is to get some feedback from everyone regarding English managers, their style of play and if it would suite our club. If you have someone in mind that is not English him then just choose Stick to Foreign option of the poll.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalglish?

This question answers a lot about who we perceive English managers right now. Even the England sqaud is runned from a foreigner yet the media give so much schtick to Rafa its unblievable.

As world class Rafa is, so far the majority of the fans in the forum dont want an English manager.

Yep, though none of the present PL managers. Ideally I'd have Carragher trained to the job starting now, player this year, player/coach next year, Rafa gone in 3-4 years.

It would be important to have a bit of tradition back to the club. There's already a good beginning with Sammy Lee, Dalglish, Hamann (who can be considered honorary British). It would need to be continued, based on Rafa's work so far, and moved towards more Liverpool oriented and related philosophy.

I just can't see Dalglish ever managing us again. I'm not sure he'd want the pressure, especially as he's nearing 60. He seems to be relishing his current job too.

I honestly don't want to see it. He's my only proper hero and I'm happy with what he's given me.

As for any other British manager, yes I'd support them. Coppell is probably the best manager out there, I'd jump at the chance to have him.

i wouldn't complain to any manager wherever he comes from replacing Rafa, if he was better. At present I don't feel anyone under the circuimstances would do as good a job as Rafa. What will be the out come if we put an unbeaten run of 6 or 7 games on the bounce? We win tonight we are 4 points off Man U and they may just about to hit a poor spell !

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If they were good enough, yes. But none are, so at the moment, no.

This.

Anybody that is good enough, regardless of nationality (or any other arbitrary factor), would have my support.

Interesting thread.

Most are of the opinion that if you're good enough, then it doesn't matter where you come from.

Others have mentioned a man who hasn't managed for almost a decade and his last two managerial jobs he failed at. Albeit before that he was a resounding success as a manager, but his last success was 15 years ago.

And another has said he wants our next manager to be a lad currently playing who has never managed anyone, and his very first managerial job should be with us.

If I mentioned the 3 above for possible managers at say, Man Utd I'd be told that only 1 of the above is not madness.

Interesting thread.

Most are of the opinion that if you're good enough, then it doesn't matter where you come from.

Others have mentioned a man who hasn't managed for almost a decade and his last two managerial jobs he failed at. Albeit before that he was a resounding success as a manager, but his last success was 15 years ago.

And another has said he wants our next manager to be a lad currently playing who has never managed anyone, and his very first managerial job should be with us.

If I mentioned the 3 above for possible managers at say, Man Utd I'd be told that only 1 of the above is not madness.

Okay Johnny ,lets say we had to choose between a British manager in the Premier League and any other top manager in Europe, who would it be??