You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early thoughts on Rodgers

fowler9

not the easiest to judge so far, results on the whole have been utter shite but we've had a big turn around, whole clubs been on a downer a few years now and we've not had the kindest of fixtures so far as well as our bad luck from last season continuing

I like how Rodgers conducts himself and like him as a person, the football his team plays will be great once we start getting the 3 points and giving the likes of Sterling, Suso and all the rest chances is great whilst Joe Allen looks a great signing and miles better than I thought he'd be

all in all I'm confident that he is the right man for the job but it might take a while to get to a level we are happy with

Guest davelfc

He will like all managers be judged on how many points we get.

I really want him to do well, because that means Liverpool will do well and that's all I care about.

So far the shittest start of any manager I've seen in my lifetime at liverpool but its early days. I'm patient enough but the results need to start happening, nice passes to and from midfield can only keep you so happy for so long. I do think he has as much chance of being a huge success as he does a huge failure so I'm nervous about it all.

I think he talks to much or at least too much corny bollocks and the being liverpool show has put that in a spotlight no manager we have had before has had to deal with, add to the fact we have a small squad, very little money and owners who seem not to know their arses from their elbow he has a difficult job. He deserves time and a little leeway.

If we don't beat reading I will kill him a thousand times.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There's a few signs that he's talented, but we're seven league games into the season and he's sold many more players than he's signed. It'll take time, money and patience.

So far the shittest start of any manager I've seen in my lifetime at liverpool but its early days. I'm patient enough but the results need to start happening, nice passes to and from midfield can only keep you so happy for so long. I do think he has as much chance of being a huge success as he does a huge failure so I'm nervous about it all.

I think he talks to much or at least too much corny bollocks and the being liverpool show has put that in a spotlight no manager we have had before has had to deal with, add to the fact we have a small squad, very little money and owners who seem not to know their arses from their elbow he has a difficult job. He deserves time and a little leeway.

If we don't beat reading I will kill him a thousand times.

Is about right.

So far the shittest start of any manager I've seen in my lifetime at liverpool but its early days.

shittest in terms of just results or all round? Obviously the results have been poor and are really what a manager should be judged but I think we have shown that we can and will improve whereas under Hodgson every single aspect of his management was just a total disaster from start to finish

So far our team both looks and is incredible shite, but the adjustments needed are not that big so it might come good.

He was out of his depth in the transfer window and he can only blame himself for that.

He is also a bit of a joke figure but if our results improve I could not care less, if they dont he should be gone in the summer or sooner if it gets critical.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So far our team both looks and is incredible shite

Yeah, thanks Roy and Kenny. It'll take time to reverse, though. Bringing in the likes of Allen and Sahin for the likes of Adam will help and it's a good start.

So far our team both looks and is incredible shite, but the adjustments needed are not that big so it might come good.

He was out of his depth in the transfer window and he can only blame himself for that.

He is also a bit of a joke figure but if our results improve I could not care less, if they dont he should be gone in the summer or sooner if it gets critical.

What would you deem to be an acceptable finish for him to avoid the wrath of Code and the inevitable sack?

8th or above? Plus a League Cup?

What would you deem to be an acceptable finish for him to avoid the wrath of Code and the inevitable sack?

8th or above? Plus a League Cup?

My personal feeling on this is that with the hand he's been dealt, this season should be written off unless we look in serious danger of relegation and are dead sure that we have someone else who could come in and save us. We can use this season to blood the youngsters, get the team playing his style of football and then hopefully the owners will back him in the summer the way they should have already done, and we can strengthen the squad into one which can challenge for European qualification again and try to achieve something next season. I would hope to see us playing a lot better than we are at present before the turn of the year though. We look pretty going forward but entirely naive when possession breaks down.

Nearly impossible to say, apart from his transfer dealings he has done exactly what the majority of fans would have done in his position, his courage and fate in young players in very admirable, the style of play is well is positive but many too idealistic at this stage away, maybe an adjustment to his "system" is required as we get more comfortable with the system. Defensively is where the biggest questions lie, we seem not to have a plan just limit the opposition to as little of the football as possible, last season we were very strong at the back so that comes as surprise. But I have faith in him and willing to give him time because this chopping and changing is getting us absolutely no where.

I don't mean this antagonistically mate, what are the small adjustments?

Didn't want him, didn't like him.

Still don't to both.

But utterly pointless in getting rid if only because I'd have no confidence whatsoever in the people running the club to get the decision right.

I just wish back in 2010 the club had appointed Pellegrini, as this would all be moot.

Guest davelfc
My personal feeling on this is that with the hand he's been dealt, this season should be written off

Easy for those sitting comfortably in their armchairs, but for the mugs spunking cash to follow the club, you'll understand why I get a little angry when I read about the season being written off.

Yeah we've had a tricky start, that's disguised a couple of poor results too though. But I was not aware you got a practice season in the premiership.

For what it's worth I do not believe Rogers or the squad look at this season as a 'write off' and neither do I.

Still early days.

I like Rodgers, and I think he can make it here. Time will tell, though.

Allen seems like a good signing. Spending your budget well is essential for a manager. So far so good when it comes to money spent.

I also like the way he's not afraid to throw the youngsters into action.

Easy for those sitting comfortably in their armchairs, but for the mugs spunking cash to follow the club, you'll understand why I get a little angry when I read about the season being written off.

Yeah we've had a tricky start, that's disguised a couple of poor results too though. But I was not aware you got a practice season in the premiership.

For what it's worth I do not believe Rogers or the squad look at this season as a 'write off' and neither do I.

When you look at some of the players we have in our first 11 it should be capable of at least fighting for 4th alongside the likes of Everton. I dont think the side is as bad as it has performed, it's upto the manager to get them winning and motivate them.