You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Question for everyone. Would you take Joe Cole back?

I would in a heart beat. I think he's a very good player still and has a lot to offer us. Seems like an alright lad as well. In fact, I would keep Maxi in a heartbeat as well. We could have done with both players in a lot of the games that we dropped points last year.

You can say goodbye to both of them, thanks to their massive wages. I'd be asking one thing of them if they are to stay for next season:- are you prepared to play for Liverpool instead of money? Your choice.

You'll soon find out who the mercenaries are.

Guest TK-421
I would say yes, but it seems he wants to play in the middle. Actually if that means Adam no longer in the team then the answer is still yes. But i'd rather we get a better partner for lucas.

So you think it's a good idea to play Joe Cole in centre midfield, then?

the guy hasn't played centre midfield for over ten years apart from under Roy the odd time but any decisions he makes count for fuck all, I imagine what he is saying is he wants to play behind the striker

if we could get him anything like he used to be, him and Suarez playing off Carroll could be good

I reckon if its RM or BR they'll least give him pre season to earn a stay

If its Rodgers he'd fit in to his pass and possesion play I reckon, or least in theory

Would agree with that. Cole could fit in with Rodger's style of play. The big question is whether he's past it. I have to be honest I haven't seen him play for Lille, but have heard he's had a good season.

I reckon if its RM or BR they'll least give him pre season to earn a stay

If its Rodgers he'd fit in to his pass and possesion play I reckon, or least in theory

Surely it's down to van Gaal who stays and goes? That's going to be his job and I reckon he'll boot Cole before Cole is even back at Melwood

Rodgers will also be very familiar with Cole from Chelsea. I like the lad and I admire that he was willing to up sticks and move to France to play football again when many players would take the easy option and go back to London. Would like to see him given the chance here.

Surely it's down to van Gaal who stays and goes? That's going to be his job and I reckon he'll boot Cole before Cole is even back at Melwood

Well we're fucked if it is then!

Rodgers wont give up 100% control to nothing to do with buys or team selection

LVG's remit will be player spotting, contracts and arranging transfers, all at the managers behest surely?

Hazard has just had his best season by a country mile and it just so happened to be with Cole in the team.

Joeincidence?

A more plausible explanation would be that cole made him look good.

And thats no Joe-ke.

edit... Cole was soooo bad, that Hazard looked good in comparison?

anyone watched the Joe Cole Eurostar Special Report thing on Sky anytime?

found it quite interesting and he always comes across as a decent bloke, would love him to get a chance and get his old form back next year as he is a player I always wanted us to have so it was a shame when it went tits up but I think it is likely that his best days are long gone