You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Also I don’t really see why a club that can turnover £560m in a year where performance wasn’t spectacular needs to squeeze an extra £2.5m from their most loyal supporters. It’s a drop in the ocean and hardly seems worth the bad feeling it creates. 

As for people saying it’s only a 2% increase, ticket prices are 1400% higher than back in the early 90s. If season ticket prices had increased in line with inflation since then, a Kop season ticket would be around £200, and not the £700 plus they currently cost. But as the tv money slows down, they obviously feel the need to squeeze the fans again. This will only be the start.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

A mate of mine has recently relocated his season ticket from block 109 on the Kop to the new Anfield Road stand with a group of mates he’s gone to the match with for years as they’re getting on and a couple of them have some health issues. In block 109 they were mostly sat next to a group of fans who have sat in the same seats for years. In the new Anfield Road stand they’re sat by a different group of fans every week. My mate said they got talking to a couple of fans sat by them a few weeks back, and they found out these fans had paid almost £500 for their tickets. This included a few extras like access to a lounge, some food was included, a free match programme and travel from town to the stadium and back. It sounds like there’s loads of these packages being sold throughout the stadium. 

Also working from home this week I had Sky News on and on the business news section they had the ceo of a premium ticketing company called Seat Unique on. His business is doing really well charging extortionate amounts for tickets to gigs and sporting events similar to those packages mentioned above. This isn’t a ticket reselling site, they are supplied with the tickets by the venues themselves. I had a look at their site and they are offering tickets for our final matches of the season as below. How much extra is the club creaming in from these deals?

https://www.seatunique.com/sport-tickets/football/liverpool-fc-tickets

IMG_1760.png

Thats actually reasonable priced compared to other prices I have seen.  Shocking as it is. 

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

£2000 for Wolves is reasonable?

I did not look at that game, saw £1000 for Spurs, but Ive heard £3000 quoted for Wolves game. 

Its obviously criminal, but in my mind the changes from the club the last two seasons when it comes to members tickets is part if the reason for the rising tout prices.

Changes that SOS agreed to. 

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

A mate of mine has recently relocated his season ticket from block 109 on the Kop to the new Anfield Road stand with a group of mates he’s gone to the match with for years as they’re getting on and a couple of them have some health issues. In block 109 they were mostly sat next to a group of fans who have sat in the same seats for years. In the new Anfield Road stand they’re sat by a different group of fans every week. My mate said they got talking to a couple of fans sat by them a few weeks back, and they found out these fans had paid almost £500 for their tickets. This included a few extras like access to a lounge, some food was included, a free match programme and travel from town to the stadium and back. It sounds like there’s loads of these packages being sold throughout the stadium. 

Also working from home this week I had Sky News on and on the business news section they had the ceo of a premium ticketing company called Seat Unique on. His business is doing really well charging extortionate amounts for tickets to gigs and sporting events similar to those packages mentioned above. This isn’t a ticket reselling site, they are supplied with the tickets by the venues themselves. I had a look at their site and they are offering tickets for our final matches of the season as below. How much extra is the club creaming in from these deals?

IMG_1760.png

What number where they on the waiting list,the cunts?

11 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

IMG_1760.png

I also relocated from the kop to the rd end. We are in the row directly behind that hospitality area. 4000 seats at 500 quid a match for a couple of beers and some street food. 2m per game. And a section of these the club sells to Expedia, who in turn give you an over priced hotel in newton le willows or some shithole to go with it for about a grand for 2 nights. The seat is sound like, but it's these seats in front (and in weekend games full of massive cunts) that are paying for the stand. Without those seats, fsg would never have made the investment. 

There is some logic to price rises that isn't to do with getting what is seemingly a drop in the ocean monetarily and that's keeping in touching distance of clubs around you and protecting yourself from future events as well as keeping a control of the narrative on pricing.

An obviously simplistic comparison that ignores other factors but Club a and club b both charge 1,000 for a season ticket, club a commits to freezing tickets at that price for the next 5 years, while over that same period club b announce a 100 pound increase on an annual basis.

At the end of that term club a announce they have to increase prices to 1600 (due to whatever external factors) and club b announce the same price.

Is the story that club b have increased prices for the 6th consecutive year or that club a has announced a massive 600 increase while club b has only announced a 100 increase?

Still not great for the fans but there's a reason a slower more measured creep is more palatable.

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

There is some logic to price rises that isn't to do with getting what is seemingly a drop in the ocean monetarily and that's keeping in touching distance of clubs around you and protecting yourself from future events as well as keeping a control of the narrative on pricing.

An obviously simplistic comparison that ignores other factors but Club a and club b both charge 1,000 for a season ticket, club a commits to freezing tickets at that price for the next 5 years, while over that same period club b announce a 100 pound increase on an annual basis.

At the end of that term club a announce they have to increase prices to 1600 (due to whatever external factors) and club b announce the same price.

Is the story that club b have increased prices for the 6th consecutive year or that club a has announced a massive 600 increase while club b has only announced a 100 increase?

Still not great for the fans but there's a reason a slower more measured creep is more palatable.

An alternative way of looking at it is that if Liverpool decided to reduce prices by 20% it would force the other big clubs into doing similar because their fans would be kicking off.

Think about it, if the Glazers slashed prices at Old Trafford by 20% (don't laugh) what do you think the reaction of our fans would be? We'd demand the same, and rightly so. Other will follow and then nobody wants to be the club that puts prices up by 20% so that's the end of that problem.

It won't happen because none of them give a flying fuck about the fans. Our owners are actually among the least shitty all things considered, but they still don't really give a fuck and see us as consumers and very little else.

• Upvote 1

The money the increase brings in is roughly what we pay Thiago every 10 weeks. 

He's leaving, the club could reduce prices to match whatever they're saving from getting him off the books and set an example for others to follow. They won't though, they'll keep squeezing as much out of us as possible.

It's not two shops price squabbling with each other over the price of milk forced  to undercut each other over the same customer base.

If your theory worked Utds tickets would already be comparable to ours.

12 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Also I don’t really see why a club that can turnover £560m in a year where performance wasn’t spectacular needs to squeeze an extra £2.5m from their most loyal supporters. It’s a drop in the ocean and hardly seems worth the bad feeling it creates. 

As for people saying it’s only a 2% increase, ticket prices are 1400% higher than back in the early 90s. If season ticket prices had increased in line with inflation since then, a Kop season ticket would be around £200, and not the £700 plus they currently cost. But as the tv money slows down, they obviously feel the need to squeeze the fans again. This will only be the start.

Reminds me of a quote from then Bayern Munich President Uli Hoeness (albeit a decade old)

"We could charge more than €104, lets say we charge €300.  We would get €2m more income but what is €2m to us?  In a transfer discussion you argue about that sun for 5 minutes but the difference between €104 and €300 is huge for the fan.  We don't think that the fans are like cows who you milk.  Football has got to be for everybody and that is the biggest difference between us and England"

That is season ticket prices btw

1 hour ago, dave u said:

An alternative way of looking at it is that if Liverpool decided to reduce prices by 20% it would force the other big clubs into doing similar because their fans would be kicking off.

Think about it, if the Glazers slashed prices at Old Trafford by 20% (don't laugh) what do you think the reaction of our fans would be? We'd demand the same, and rightly so. Other will follow and then nobody wants to be the club that puts prices up by 20% so that's the end of that problem.

It won't happen because none of them give a flying fuck about the fans. Our owners are actually among the least shitty all things considered, but they still don't really give a fuck and see us as consumers and very little else.

Mate, it's simple, as I said the other day posting on this, it's a fucking cartel. They discuss price rises and benchmark against each other at the premier League meetings and each club picks an amount they can get away with before announcing. The don't do this in isolation and just do what works for them alone. They do it for what is best for the cartel. In that backdrop, if one club like you say stands up and says "well we think we charge too much, we're cutting by 20%". This would of course create a reaction from other clubs, because as you say, nobody wants the bad PR. That's why it won't happen. Because it's nothing more than a racketeering ring. Regardless of it is tickets, memberships or anything else.

And because we won't just change clubs, it's not an open market, as fans our only protest can be walking away or things like the walk out, the no flags or spurs shit turn their backs the other day. 

Fuck the cartel. They're all cunts. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Mate, it's simple, as I said the other day posting on this, it's a fucking cartel. They discuss price rises and benchmark against each other at the premier League meetings and each club picks an amount they can get away with before announcing. The don't do this in isolation and just do what works for them alone. They do it for what is best for the cartel. In that backdrop, if one club like you say stands up and says "well we think we charge too much, we're cutting by 20%". This would of course create a reaction from other clubs, because as you say, nobody wants the bad PR. That's why it won't happen. Because it's nothing more than a racketeering ring. Regardless of it is tickets, memberships or anything else.

And because we won't just change clubs, it's not an open market, as fans our only protest can be walking away or things like the walk out, the no flags or spurs shit turn their backs the other day. 

Fuck the cartel. They're all cunts. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

It's not two shops price squabbling with each other over the price of milk forced  to undercut each other over the same customer base.

If your theory worked Utds tickets would already be comparable to ours.

That comparison doesn't work. Makes no sense.

FSG have been good on a lot of the football stuff, and absolutely abysmal on penny-pinching, disastrous PR moves like this, furloughing staff during the pandemic and trying to trademark the Liver bird or whatever it was.

Forget Thiago, these measures barely pay for Adrian. 

Its a weird cartel that unanimously agree to raise their prices by different amounts at wildly different price points in some supposed bonded show of group strength.

Love to hear the further rationale of how, with all the clubs in cahoots, tickets haven't standardised either amongst the 'big 6' the 'best of the rest' and your standard relegation fodder or how yearly increases aren't also standardised.

Need to be calling the heads of the five families if we offer both the single cheapest ticket in the league and the 6th lowest 'most expensive' ticket in the league all while increasing it by the lowest amount of those announced (outside of freezes) because this cartel isn't doing shit for the club.

I’m in 2 minds.

2% isn’t much. Mine has gone up £15 (I think). If I couldn’t afford £760, it’s highly unlikely I could afford £745, so it’s not an earth shattering amount. 

Also, if you pay for it monthly, it’s just over £1 per month. 

We’ve also been fortunate that we had c.5 seasons with no increases - can anybody else if our stature say that? We can’t say we’ve not been entertained. 

However, I fully appreciate the point it’s only going to be c.£1m extra in the clubs accounts. The ARE will be open all next season. We’ll have extra CL revenue. We won’t have to cover Thiago’s c.£10.4m wages next season…. So incomings are going to go up, does this 2% increase actually make a difference?

It was 2% this season, 2% next season… will we be looking at 10% come 27/28? Thats >£800 then. 

Again, £16 per year isn’t much but transport to matches goes up, talk of the £30 away cap being changed, food / drink at the game keeps going up, official club merchandise will go up, Sky will go up, BT will go up, Amazon Prime will go up etc….. so is this 2% really necessary? 

All this does is create bad blood amongst match going fans and the owners. It isn’t necessary given we’re trying to win the title. The sums talked about are peanuts and a stand needs to be taken. 
If things go to shit next year I think it’ll be pretty toxic. They got very lucky with Jurgen being a magician, they probably won’t be lucky again. 
This will also cause angst among the fan base as some think the rise is fine. A lot of others don’t. I personally think it is wrong and unnecessary. Can’t stand these owners.