You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

P4JRFnOA5Us

Good upper body strength and can finish with both feet is what I am gathering from that video.

Yeah, and with his head. Seems like he's got a good touch on him aswell. Obviously this is just a 3 minute video of the lad. But certainly the right age and a quality scoring ratio on him. That's the type of player who should be worth taking a gamble on. Young and would likely not cost all that much.

Spurs fan to wake up in a damp bed

16-01-12

THE Tottenham Hotspur fan whose dream we are all part of will wake soon, blinking this universe out of existence, experts have claimed

The impossible season took a further turn towards the somnambulantly weird yesterday after Arsenal were beaten 3-2 by Swansea before Thierry Henry turned into both Chas and Dave and led the away supporters in a singalong of There Ain't No Pleasing You.

Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: "We're all a dream currently being had by a fat, middle-aged taxi driver from Edmonton. Which explains the recent slew of racism.

"It's only Ray Wilkins' beige commentary that's keeping him asleep right now. If Sky start using Jonathan Pearce then things could change very suddenly."

Hayes has pinpointed the exact moment the dream world was created as being when Liverpool paid £35m for an upright shire horse from Newcastle.

His theory has been strengthened by Rafael van Der Vart's hamstrings failing to shatter into a thousand tiny pieces and Joey Barton morphing into Alain de Botton.

But cracks are already beginning to appear in the Spurs fan's world with a draw against Wolves on Saturday and it could soon be yawned into nothingness with a simple scratch of the balls.

Hayes added: "I just hope I get to fondle my sixth-form French teacher before it ends."

Would probably cost 4-6 million tops where as Defoe would cost us more than 10. Will help us with FFP as well.

He was probably scouted along with Coates. Hope he has a work permit but that wasn't an issue with Coates or was it?

Coates got one with that "exceptional talent" business...

Which possibly could be argued for Texeira aswell, tho he's not been capped by Uruguay's first team yet, i dont think.

Also' date=' even though it is only a 3 minute youtube video, the lad looks brave enough to go for the ball in 50/50s with onrushing defenders and he looks to have good composure when he gets in one on one positions.

But then he might just stand about for the rest of the match doing fuck all.[/quote']

Which would be fine, as long as he gets a goal in 60% of his apps, like he currently does, tho that would be impossible to ask of him. But hell, if he gets a goal in 30% or 20% of his apps it would still be an improvement. Though that's not the nature of Uruguayans it seems. Look at Forlan, Cavani, Suarez, hell anyone in their national team and they run their fucking bollocks off every game. They seem to have a revival of late. Spitting out talents in a population of 3.3 million. It's amazing.

Not blown away by that video, that number 10 looks much more interesting.

Please, god, can we stop looking at 'potential' just for ONE signing?

He looks good too and is fairly young.

But seriously, what are you talking about with "looking at potential just for one signing" ?

Apart from U18 players and Coates, and to a part i suppose Carroll, is the only young-potential players we've bought under the current management. Doni, Enrique, Adam, Downing, Bellamy and Suarez were all established players.

I dont see a problem with investing in top prospects, which this Texeira would be, infact i'd prefer that over spending around £10 million or more on the likes of Defoe, Sow or Bent.

Seeing how players from lower leagues have done in the premier league I think it's worth going for Rhodes, if he costs 3/4 million and doesn't do it your not losing a fortune, he looks a natural finisher to me, when they played Wycombe and he scored 5 there were 8 premier league scouts watching him, id like to think we were one of them.

He looks good too and is fairly young.

But seriously, what are you talking about with "looking at potential just for one signing" ?

Apart from U18 players and Coates, and to a part i suppose Carroll, is the only young-potential players we've bought under the current management. Doni, Enrique, Adam, Downing, Bellamy and Suarez were all established players.

I dont see a problem with investing in top prospects, which this Texeira would be, infact i'd prefer that over spending around £10 million or more on the likes of Defoe, Sow or Bent.

We need players for now no cup since 2006 is not "the Liverpool way" isit tbh

Defoe is not as good as Teixeira though

How can you judge on a 3minute video? Defoe isn't what we need tbh whe need a creative forward maybe not a striker because we have afew already, Adam Morgan looks like another owen, but perhaps with a creative midfielder carroll might get a few more

We need players for now no cup since 2006 is not "the Liverpool way" isit tbh

I agree with that. Dont get me wrong.

But given the choice between spending £8-10 million on someone like Moussa Sow, who IMO wont be better than fuckin El Hadji Diouf and a young prospect for 3-5 million, who has the potential to be very good. The choice is easy for me.

I dont think we should spend money on young prospects if that hinders the chance to sign a top class player for £20+ million. But in all likelyhood it does not. So im not sure what you are getting at ?

I agree with that. Dont get me wrong.

But given the choice between spending £8-10 million on someone like Moussa Sow, who IMO wont be better than fuckin El Hadji Diouf and a young prospect for 3-5 million, who has the potential to be very good. The choice is easy for me.

I dont think we should spend money on young prospects if that hinders the chance to sign a top class player for £20+ million. But in all likelyhood it does not. So im not sure what you are getting at ?

Its just look at the youth we have bought how many in the past ten years have came through? We're wasting time on the future rather than now tbh

Its just look at the youth we have bought how many in the past ten years have came through? We're wasting time on the future rather than now tbh

Who are you talking about, and for what kind of money ?

It seems the likes of Shelvey and Sterling have been well invested money so far.

True. He is a joke player. I also don't like Demba Ba tbh. He is a one season wonder me thinks. But these are the players we get linked and are players for now.

Exactly we need an established player for now who can score and create goals, plus knowing liverpools luck we'd buy ba and three months down the line his knees would go :@

Who are you talking about, and for what kind of money ?

It seems the likes of Shelvey and Sterling have been well invested money so far.

Yeah but shelveyr looks good because he's played first team football sterling only looks good because he's playing against no hopers and weaker opposition, we need and established player either an out and out striker or a luis Garcia type of player