You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

One side of me thinks Defoe would at least be a handy addition considering how shite we are in front of goal. Basically we couldn't get any worse.

But in saying that Defoe's pretty greedy and tends to enjoy shooting from long range over and over again. Though in fairness hes scored a few belters in his time.

For less than 7/8 million I reckon it'd be an ok deal. But anything more than that I'd be thinking nope, better to go abroad and see what we can do.

In fairness though we need someone else badly at the minute so maybe beggars can't be choosers.

While i think Defoe would get us some goals, i do think we must be able to do better. I mean if we sign him it still feels like we'll need to sign someone else this summer. And £10 million for a guy that's turning 30 this year and has only had 2 seasons since 04 where he's scored more than 13 PL goals.

We should get Rafa to play upfront?

Probably be better than Carroll

While i think Defoe would get us some goals, i do think we must be able to do better. I mean if we sign him it still feels like we'll need to sign someone else this summer. And £10 million for a guy that's turning 30 this year and has only had 2 seasons since 04 where he's scored more than 13 PL goals.

This

Why would Liverpool have to be the leak?

Quite possible its agents!! To be honest the Mirror has had a transfer story going on us nearly every other day, and none of it has materialized.

I don't think it fits the criteria the club has going forward in so far as taking in a forward hitting his 30's for around 7-10m??

I'd be having none of it to be fair

Brian Durand @BrianDurand56 3m

Mirror says Defoe to LFC. Yeah sure. Like Dave Maddocks and his crew are really going to be the destination of club leaks after recent form

I'd be of this opinion also, cheap journalism again

You are forgetting 'Arry Redknapp is on the other end of the spectrum. If we've made an enquiry he's straight on the phone to every media outlet in the nation.

Why would Defoe (30) who probably isn't coming here, doesn't get 15 goals a season, be better than Carroll (22)? I just don't see how they would sell to another club that is trying to compete for CL football, unless Spuds were really desperate to recoup some money to pay for Adebayor and don't see Defoe in their future.

Yet again we got money and spent it on bunk! Coates rubbish Carroll rubbish henderson rubbish downing rubbish! 83 million on absolute rubbish when is the club gunna realise foriegn players are simply much much better !

Coates is foreign amigo - stop adding your age to your username, it hasn't worked in the past and does not look good here.

Guest The Chimp
Yet again we got money and spent it on bunk! Coates rubbish Carroll rubbish henderson rubbish downing rubbish! 83 million on absolute rubbish when is the club gunna realise foriegn players are simply much much better !

manuel-fawlty-towers-290.jpg

¿qué

Guest The Chimp
Firstly it's not my age it's the amount of titles we've won and I Was just explaining the bunk we have bought why so hostile.

He did call you amigo to be fair.