• Going down
    • Mersey paradise
    • Where angels play
    • Sally Cinnamon
    • Love spreads
    • Ten storey love song
    • Begging you
    • Other - please state

Fucking love the Stone Roses, me. Listening to a bit of them now got me thinking what's the best song?

Where Angels Play is my favourite, absolutely love it.

Poll to follow.

Am a big fan of Daybreak and Driving South, can't say I think they're the best songs though, not sure I could single one out!

Couldn't fit them on the poll so pick other. Not a massive fan of those two like.

Couldn't fit them on the poll so pick other. Not a massive fan of those two like.

Yeah not many are! I'm more into metal now so prefer Squire's playing on that album.

Will go for Daybreak. Genius band though, every one of them.

Really tough call. Almost went for Love Spreads but went Sugar Spun Sister instead. That would probably change to something else if you asked me in a month though.

I went for I am the resurrection. Top tune and had the added bonus of being about 10 mins long on the jukebox. We used to pop it on 10 times in a row and annoy the fuck out of everyone in the bar. Way back when, my favourite song was Going Down. Anything off the first album really and Fools Gold. The second coming, while it is decent, is not a patch on the first album which was perfect.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Great remix available of Fools Gold too so it got my vote for that but Love Spreads is up there too

Fuck, this is impossible! Like most people, my favourite changes constantly. I'm well into Second Coming at the minute so my current favourite would be one of Breaking Into Heaven, Tightrope, Good Times or How Do You Sleep. Next week it will be different of course.

Having said that, the question in the OP is 'best' Stone Roses song so in theory that should stay the same. I'm going to vote for She Bangs The Drums, as I think it's an incredible tune that I buzz off every time I hear it.

That first album is a stone cold classic and it's very tough to choose one tube. I suppose it'll have to be I Am The Resurrection for that wicked guitar solo. Could have picked at least five other tunes though.

I was going to say Sally Cinnamon as it's a beautiful song that somehow, for all its rawness just about works as beautifully as it possibly could. No-one else could play that song so perfectly.

Opted for I am the resurrection in the end because every time I think of it, I hear the Empress Ballroom version which is just stunning. I know there's some dudes on here who were there, and to each I say I admire you all with immense awe and envy.

Edit: Sneaky SME fuckers won't let me link to it on Youtube. Damn & blast!

Never thought I would get to see some of these songs live. I would fucking love it if they played Where Angels Play. Hope it's a nice sunny day with some decent support acts. Can't fucking wait.

I went for I am the resurrection. Top tune and had the added bonus of being about 10 mins long on the jukebox. We used to pop it on 10 times in a row and annoy the fuck out of everyone in the bar. Way back when, my favourite song was Going Down. Anything off the first album really and Fools Gold. The second coming, while it is decent, is not a patch on the first album which was perfect.

This.

This is fucking brilliant:

[YOUTUBE]3DYhE-oOwbQ[/YOUTUBE]

But this is my favourite (and one of my favourite ever songs) and doesn't get any better than this:

[YOUTUBE]YgfQ9G3vi-8[/YOUTUBE]

If I was a boxer or played darts professionally, this is the fucking tune I'd be walking in to.

The Second Coming is the most underated album ever made.

And this is coming from someone that loves all their earlier stuff.

So voted for other.

I think of the Stone Roses as the comedy genius equivalent of Fawlty Towers. Not may episodes in total, but everyone of them absolutely fantastic.

Edited by 1892-LFCWasBorn