You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Banning him is stupid,his ideas are stupid but he's got to be allowed to say them. Hopefully his party will get sick of him soon and fuck him off, they'll lose their majority if he gets the candidacy.

I tend to agree. For example, I was happy Nick Griffin went on QT and made a complete and utter cunt of himself. At the same time it's a fine line though. Matey with the hook preaching on the streets, is it much different?

I tend to agree. For example, I was happy Nick Griffin went on QT and made a complete and utter cunt of himself. At the same time it's a fine line though. Matey with the hook preaching on the streets, is it much different?

It's difficult, if Trump was coming in saying "kill all Muslims' that's a hate crime so ban him, if he was saying we should ban all Muslims then it's a different message and more borderline but coming in and saying he's not letting a group into his country then let him hang himself.

He's worth $2.9bn. It was pointed out that had he just put his money in Fortune 500 stock and gone finger painting for the last 30 years he'd be worth $9bn. Money makes money. Yet he's had two companies go bankrupt. He's no genius. He is, however, a very scary facist in the Britain First mould but with enough followers to make a difference. I think though that these latest comments about banning Muslims have opened up a lot of eyes to the idea that he isn't just an orange faced moron, but is a very dangerous hate preacher.

Ashley is worth more on paper . Can he be banned too please

It's difficult, if Trump was coming in saying "kill all Muslims' that's a hate crime so ban him, if he was saying we should ban all Muslims then it's a different message and more borderline but coming in and saying he's not letting a group into his country then let him hang himself.

Does it have to be that explicit?

If he came to the UK and started polluting the air with his revolting rhetoric it would almost certainly mobilise a small number of window lickers. It would qualify as hate speech, for me. Whether it would officially or not, I don't know. I don't know where the line is.

• Upvote 1

Does it have to that explicit?

If he came to the UK and started polluting the air with his revolting rhetoric it would almost certainly mobilise a small number of window lickers. It would qualify as hate speech, for me. Whether it would officially or not, I don't know. I don't know where the line is.

I agree with you both.

It gets to a point where a tolerant, democratic society will allow people to express repulsive views.

However oncewhere those views become illegal I'm not sure.

But I'd start in Manchester.

The trouble with "ban all Muslims" is it's only a temporary solution, like the Nazi plan to ship all of Europe's Jews off to Madagascar.

Once you identify a group not as people but just as a problem, it follows logically that the only solution is a Final Solution.

I think it's just easy for me to say, as a white Agnostic, yeah, let him come and be a complete cunt about Muslims. Nobody is going to shout abuse at me in the street (well, not for my religion, or lack of, anyway). I personally am not going to be threatened by his words. I won't have to live in fear.

• Upvote 2

The trouble with "ban all Muslims" is it's only a temporary solution, like the Nazi plan to ship all of Europe's Jews off to Madagascar.

Once you identify a group not as people but just as a problem, it follows logically that the only solution is a Final Solution.

Things not looking good for Mancunians then.

Donald Trump: 'I will never leave this race' despite criticism

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he will never leave the 2016 race despite increasing calls for him to step aside.
The White House said Mr Trump was "disqualified" after he said the US should stop allowing Muslims from entering the country.
Mr Trump told the Washington Post he would not step aside no matter what happens.
Other contenders in the 2016 race condemned his comments about Muslims.
He also alluded to running as an independent in a tweet linking to a USA Today poll which found 68% of his supporters would vote for him if he left the Republican party.
Concerned that Mr Trump could run as an independent, Republican leaders persuaded the New York businessman to pledge to support the eventually nominee.

However, Mr Trump has threatened to leave the Republican party before if he was not "treated fairly".
"My whole life is about winning. I don't lose often. I almost never lose," he told the Post.
Party officials fear a third-party Trump campaign would spilt the Republican vote, and give Democrats a winning advantage.
Although Mr Trump has consistently led in national polls for several months, a majority of voters view him unfavourably.
Many political analysts believe the large number of Republican candidates is one of the reasons Mr Trump had led the polls and that Mr Trump would perform differently once the race consolidated.
Mr Trump's comments about Muslims came after the deadly shootings in San Bernardino, California.

He called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on", not backing down even after receiving wide criticism.
A Muslim couple, believed to have been radicalised, killed 14 people at a health centre and left scores injured.
Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush called Mr Trump "unhinged". Speaker of the House Paul Ryan said his comments were contrary to American values.
A petition calling for Mr Trump to be barred from entering the UK has gathered more than 200,000 names, so MPs will have to consider debating the issue.
"They don't know what they're getting into," Mr Trump wrote on Twitter about the petition.
UK Prime Minister David Cameron said he regards comments made by Mr Trump as "divisive, unhelpful and quite simply wrong".
Mr Trump also claimed that parts of London were "so radicalised the police are afraid for their lives".
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson responded by saying the "ill-informed comments are complete and utter nonsense".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35055626

Free speech should only apply in a society where every member is sufficiently educated in politics, ethics and rhetoric. Free speech in a consumerist, reality TV, redneck, capitalist hellhole is dangerous.

Is this an attempt to write something as stupid as Donald Trump's recent outpourings?

• Upvote 2

Well I am releived to say the least. He was on some morning show, NBC one with the former NFL player michael strahan and some skinny skinny girl.

The audience were lapping him up but you could tell Strahan was annoyed and hiding his contempt. Anyway, Strahan asks him about building the Mexican Wall and this Trump fool says,

The Great Wall of China is 13000 miles, I only need a wall 2000 miles. Because the southern border is like 3000 miles but there is terrain and ridges and lakes and things so only 2000 miles.

strahan than says Canada is letting in 25000 syrians so should we build a wall on the Canadian US border.

Donald said no, it was different, we arent streaming in.

There are many Americans who love this guy. Its like that Family Guy episode where Lois runs for office and just starting yelling NINE....ELEVEN..and everyone goes cakenuts.

He just says he is going to make America great again.