You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancer

withnail71

Guest Pistonbroke

One of my best mates in work has been off sick for a few months.  He'd been having various symptoms, for which he'd had a load of tests to try to find the cause.  Last week he was taken into hospital and they finally found what was up - bowel cancer, which had already spread to his kidneys.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Sorry to hear that mate. 

One of my best mates in work has been off sick for a few months.  He'd been having various symptoms, for which he'd had a load of tests to try to find the cause.  Last week he was taken into hospital and they finally found what was up - bowel cancer, which had already spread to his kidneys.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Fuck.

One of my best mates in work has been off sick for a few months. He'd been having various symptoms, for which he'd had a load of tests to try to find the cause. Last week he was taken into hospital and they finally found what was up - bowel cancer, which had already spread to his kidneys.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Fucking Hell, sorry to hear that.

Have a strong one.

One of my best mates in work has been off sick for a few months. He'd been having various symptoms, for which he'd had a load of tests to try to find the cause. Last week he was taken into hospital and they finally found what was up - bowel cancer, which had already spread to his kidneys.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Oh, Mal, that's sickening

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Poor lad, so sorry to hear this.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Crickey, that is brutal. My condolences.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

Sorry mate, bowel cancers can be a cunt.

He died last night.

I need to drink now.

It's a real bummer bowel cancer. A good mate lost his missus a couple of years back and I know someone else going through it now . Seems like with your mate it gets a hold before its properly diagnosed in many cases, 

• 1 month later...

Let’s see if they’ll actually do something with the cunt this time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41441537

A woman allegedly posed as a medic and injected a member of the public at the Blenheim Palace Horse Trials.

Cassandra Grant, 38, from Bristol is accused of intravenously injecting an anti-sickness drug to a patient at the event.

She appeared at Oxford Magistrates' Court earlier charged with fraud by false representation and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Ms Grant, of Mulberry Walk, is due at Oxford Crown Court on 27 October.

Let’s see if they’ll actually do something with the cunt this time...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41441537

Fucking hell!!

A woman allegedly posed as a medic and injected a member of the public at the Blenheim Palace Horse Trials.

Cassandra Grant, 38, from Bristol is accused of intravenously injecting an anti-sickness drug to a patient at the event.

She appeared at Oxford Magistrates' Court earlier charged with fraud by false representation and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Ms Grant, of Mulberry Walk, is due at Oxford Crown Court on 27 October.

• 6 months later...

A few months ago one of my best mates Kristian, confided a terrible secret in me, his sister Tracey had just been diagnosed with a terminal cancer.

Tracey had been through this once before and had bravely beaten the bugger, but this time the cancer had returned with a vengeance. Another harrowing consideration in her story is that the cancer returned at a time when Tracey had just discovered she was pregnant with her second child, and doctors believed that neither she nor the baby could survive the disease nor the treatment.

I've asked Kris' permission to share Tracey's brave and tragic, yet remarkable and wonderful story with you, because today the local paper has printed Tracey's story.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/young-hartlepool-mum-loses-cancer-battle-after-delivering-premature-baby-and-getting-married-in-hospital-1-9112823

Kristian told me that despite his new niece being many weeks premature and weighing only 1lb and 7 ounces at birth, and already needing to have a couple of blood transfusions, that she is fighting, and growing stronger and doing incredibly well.

I should say that I hardly knew Tracey at all, I met her only a few times when she was just a kid, but my admiration and respect runs incredibly deep. Understandably, Kris says that the family is distraught, but with her new baby Kyla and in her young son Kieran , Tracey leaves behind a legacy of love and determination, stoic determination and incredible bravery. When doctors decided that they could wait no longer to deliver the baby they told Kris' mam that they gave Tracey no more than a 10% chance of survival. Well not only did she laugh in the face of those odds and give birth to her beautiful baby daughter, but Tracey went on to marry her long time partner Steve and spend 2 more weeks together with her family.

Kristian also just texted me to say that The Sun has been in touch with Steve to ask if they can run Tracey's story. Kristian has instructed him to tell those bastards to fuck right off.

I hope you can find a few minutes to click the link and find out a little more about this incredible lass and her tragic and wonderful life. Please spare a thought for Tracey and her family.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

That's so sad. 33 is no age. My mother-in-law's best friend died of brain cancer this week and I found out today that an uncle has inoperable lung cancer. I hope I live long enough to see this evil disease vanquished.

That really would be a truly momentous and wonderful day mate.

• Upvote 1

Ah fuck it. You know what, when I was a kid, there were few people I knew who had been touched by this fucking disease, nowadays, it's fucking everywhere, it's fucking tentacles are widespread, you can't tell me that people living quiet lives in the country and those living busy lives in towns have anything in common but the fucking hazards imposed on us by consumer living. Cancer is no repsector of class, status, rank, wealth or privilege, but it is massiveky widespread, which suggests that environmental factors are at play here.

If it's not the shite that is pumped into the air, it's the shite that is pumped into food, and if it's not that, it's the shite that is pumped into preservatives.

When you're told to avoid stuff it's called the nanny state and when there are calls for stuff to be banned it's called restriction on trade.

I'm fucking certain that there are things being sold on a day to day basis that are fucking massively dangerous, but instead of banning them from being sold, the answer is just to tax them more heavily.

Up until a few years ago I didn't know anyone who had died of cancer, now I'm struggling to find anyone who hasn't been cursed with this fucking disease.

And I'm truly sorry for anyone who has seen it, died from it or has suffered from it.

Stick your evidence and stats up your arse, there are major and obvious reasons why people are regularly dying from cancers and most of them are because of profit and expedience.

People don't know what they are consuming and what they are exposed to. People who have never drank and smoked in their lives and live a simple and clean existence are dying horribly and without dignity and at a younger age.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

My fiancée's mam died this morning. Fought that fucking disease for too long. We get married on Saturday. I'm in absolute bits but can't show it so I'm telling you lot.

X

Fuck mate, don’t know what to say but make sure you enjoy your day.