You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A bit disappointed tbh. Never heard of Warrior and it may not reach overseas fans. Does it have global presence? Adidas was doing a crap job overseas but atleast it would deliver the shirt in 2 months time. Don't even know which store to go to if I wanna get a shirt now.

I'm stunned with comments coming from supposed fans here.

People pissing on the deal before their designers have even punched in for the day. Do you honestly think we are going to lose our position as one of the top four kit sellers on the planet because of who makes it? After all we've been through we are still in the top four in terms of kit sold and now some bell whiffs on here think its gonna go down hill because they haven't heard of them.

What a bunch of planks some of you are. John Henry and FSG took one look at kits sold and said to themselves

"this team haven't won shit in 5 yrs, were a cunt hair away from administration yet are still only behind the Mancs, Real Madrid, and Barcelona in terms of kit and other merchandise sold? Now thats what I call a loyal fan base. All we've got to do is sell the team to the millions of yanks or at least to those who support the Red Sox. Now how do I do that? Oh there goes my mate who owns New Balance and Warrior and just gave me a shed load of cash in sponsorship for the Red Sox I wonder if he knows of anybody who can help me out"

Wake up people. This is geared at selling us to the yanks who's knowledge of English football only stretches as far as Davod Beckham and to give Warrior exposure in Europe. If they can sell a quarter of what we sell in Europe to the US they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Besides. We've still got another year of Addidas, no?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right what would i do .......

2) after looking at the for's and against's id go to Adidas and ask if they are willing to match the offer that had been put forward if not then well you take the best deal on the table for the club quite simple really. Warrior wants to break into another market they are willing to pay the club 25m a year to do so it is a deal that serves both sides of the fence ie they get into the football market we gain 25m a year. all round a good business deal everyone

They did go to Addias and they refused to match it!

I said yesterday the main concern would probably be the quality of the design rather than the quality of materials etc. Of course another concern is how well Warrior can produce as well as distribute the merchandise. As pointed out, Adidas and Nike have a massive global network that allows them to take care of all this quite easily. Can Warrior produce the merchandise in the numbers we need?

I also said we would most likely see a new set of kits every season (including home kits) as this is the only logical way for them to get value on their £25m annual outlay. I would hope though that the cost to the customer would be considerably lower, but that is wishful thinking.

I said yesterday the main concern would probably be the quality of the design rather than the quality of materials etc. Of course another concern is how well Warrior can produce as well as distribute the merchandise. As pointed out, Adidas and Nike have a massive global network that allows them to take care of all this quite easily. Can Warrior produce the merchandise in the numbers we need?

I also said we would most likely see a new set of kits every season (including home kits) as this is the only logical way for them to get value on their £25m annual outlay. I would hope though that the cost to the customer would be considerably lower, but that is wishful thinking.

You're still thinking small my friend. Warrior is a subsidiary of New Balance and so they won't have a problem with distribution. New Balance, in case you don't know, make high quality running shoes. You don't see Marathon runners wearing nike and addidas do you? No. They are wearing New Balance, Mizuno or Asics.

They just shelled out 25M so I don't think they'll be that keen to fuck up do you? I don't think they change kits as regularly in th US as they do over here. I could be wrong though.

Why do you think the price will go up? Regardless of the price of the deal they still have to keep in line with what other teams are charging. Did the Mancs Nike deal so them stick an extra tenner to the price of a shirt?

They are obviously looking to sell to US customers. The shirts will be in sale in US shops and the Fenway Park. Its a smart move. Why compete in the football satuated European market when the US is still wide open. More yanks would've heard of warrior than Europeans so the change in maufacturer works there as well.

Anyway we are speculating as bar the mail it hasn't appeared in any other nespaper.

FAO: The Acolyte - you seem to have me down as somebody who is against this deal. I'm nothing of the sort, but I'm trying to highlight issues that can crop up. I'm sure that Warrior may already have addressed these issues before making their offer, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate them here.

You're still thinking small my friend. Warrior is a subsidiary of New Balance and so they won't have a problem with distribution. New Balance, in case you don't know, make high quality running shoes. You don't see Marathon runners wearing nike and addidas do you? No. They are wearing New Balance, Mizuno or Asics.

I didn't say they would have problems with distribution, but I just questioned as to whether they can make sufficient inroads into markets like the Far East in the way that Adidas and Nike can. Remember than we are shifting close to 1 million home shirts worldwide annually. Sure we will make massive inroads in the US and it's important that we do, but we still need to push in those markets where the major players rule, and keep our prominence there.

They just shelled out 25M so I don't think they'll be that keen to fuck up do you? I don't think they change kits as regularly in th US as they do over here. I could be wrong though.

I never suggested they are doing this on a whim. By agreeing to pay £25m per year there is no chance that they haven't thought this through. If anything, they should in theory be able to produce a range of kits more in keeping with Liverpool tradition, yet use modern technology and cutting edge design. If nothing else, they will come to learn that European clubs (and UK clubs in particular) don't like big drastic changes.

Why do you think the price will go up? They are obviously looking to sell to US customers. The shirts will be in sale in US shops and the Fenway Park. Its a smart move. Why compete in the football satuated European market when the US is still wide open. More yanks would've heard of warrior than Europeans so the change in maufacturer works there as well.

I never said the price would go up because I don't know if it will. I said I hoped the cost to the customer would be considerably lower, but that was in comparison to current prices. I don't know how the pricing will work. Unlike Adidas, Nike or Puma, Warrior haven't (yet) got multi-million pound deals with players so they aren't having to factor in those costs into their pricing structure.

QUOTE ; I didn't say they would have problems with distribution, but I just questioned as to whether they can make sufficient inroads into markets like the Far East in the way that Adidas and Nike can. Remember than we are shifting close to 1 million home shirts worldwide annually. Sure we will make massive inroads in the US and it's important that we do, but we still need to push in those markets where the major players rule, and keep our prominence there.

i would have to say that people are BUYING the liverpool kit not the adidas kit, so wouldnt we still maintain sales in the far east ( as long as the suppliers keep up )

Guest davelfc

As long as the cash goes to the squad we can wear old sacks as far as I am con concerned, anyway I thought it wasn't the 'cool' thing to do, you know wear a footy shirt.

I like the three stripes on the arm but I'm looking forward more to an all red kit for a change.

i would have to say that people are BUYING the liverpool kit not the adidas kit, so wouldnt we still maintain sales in the far east ( as long as the suppliers keep up )

I like Adidas, but if they can't offer the club the right deal then we are doing the right thing by looking elsewhere. Your point in bold is one area where Adidas are stronger than Warrior/New Balance due to their size. Obviously the latter are looking to address that and make inroads into the world's most popular sport. There was a time when Nike were in the exact same position, and they've more than done well for themselves so it is definitely possible.

I love The Acolyte accusing people of thinking 'small' because New Balance are world-renowned makers of running shoes like 'Asics and Mizuno'

I don't even know what point he's trying to make. That they're actually a massive brand with the distribution network and spending power of Nike Or Adidas, except nobody realises this except people who run?

Because that's just fucking bullshit. They're a small niche, unknown brand and that's the main reason we've got them to spend such a huge amount of cash. And that is the ONLY positive they bring to this deal, and anyone who claims otherwise is delusional.

As has been said previously Warrior are an unkown brand here in the uk. In the us however they are huge they have had the NHL franchise for 5 seasons until Nike took over.

The main worry i see people have is are FSG any good?

Let me allay some fears. FSG own the Boston Redsox. Not the tampa bay devilrays or the Texas Rangers but Baseballs second biggest franchise. MLB would not let a bunch of cowboys own their 2nd biggest franchise. They allow cowboys like our previous owners to own expansion teams but not the bigboys.

To be allowed to own the Redsox Henry had to prove and guarantee billions of dollars of investment. Over here football fans dont get how big Baseball is. I've followed baseball now for over 10 years and even the small clubs in the majors generate upwards of 100m per season.

Boston has a wagebill of 15om per year and makes a lot of profit in the process.

The premier league may not check who is buying its clubs but believe me MLB does. FSG wont make promises for Liverpool it cant keep as negative publicity over here impacts over there. We are in safe reliable hands and moving forward

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfXqvnR3_v8[/YOUTUBE]

this thread has gotten far too serious.

i suspect that this will be a good thing.

in the 80s we were on the cusp of new ventures in football and i think we´re getting back to thinking outside of the box again with fsg, just like they promised to.

i think gregory knows this as well.

As has been said previously Warrior are an unkown brand here in the uk. In the us however they are huge they have had the NHL franchise for 5 seasons until Nike took over.

The main worry i see people have is are FSG any good?

Let me allay some fears. FSG own the Boston Redsox. Not the tampa bay devilrays or the Texas Rangers but Baseballs second biggest franchise. MLB would not let a bunch of cowboys own their 2nd biggest franchise. They allow cowboys like our previous owners to own expansion teams but not the bigboys.

To be allowed to own the Redsox Henry had to prove and guarantee billions of dollars of investment. Over here football fans dont get how big Baseball is. I've followed baseball now for over 10 years and even the small clubs in the majors generate upwards of 100m per season.

Boston has a wagebill of 15om per year and makes a lot of profit in the process.

The premier league may not check who is buying its clubs but believe me MLB does. FSG wont make promises for Liverpool it cant keep as negative publicity over here impacts over there. We are in safe reliable hands and moving forward

Good first post and here is some love.

[YOUTUBE]9Xr7t9uWrMI[/YOUTUBE]