You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Everton booing as a form of protest is akin to us singing YNWA in E minor instead of C major or something. How anyone is supposed to notice, let alone grasp the significance, is beyond me. The pointlessness of doing it is proportional to its likelihood of success, I suppose.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Andy Burnham not quite understanding that Everton do not have 'have a case to answer.' They have already admitted it.

Personally I hope this appeal process opens the whole thing up to scrutiny again and they get those massively inflated Covid losses looked at and are asked to justify them with realistic projections.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was out with a blue last night. I said I don't understand why they believe it's corrupt when the club themselves have admitted guilt. He then said "the points deduction is unprecedented", to which I replied "because nobody has been caught cheating PSR before". Then he started going on about Chelsea and city. And he's one of the sane ones and not a lunatic bitter. They've all been sucked into this and as I said last week, completely played by the club to distract from their failings

100%.

I said in this thread that if the same thing had happened to us, I would be absolutely fuming at the club, not FA, not PL, not anyone else. 

Instead of channeling their anger at the club and Moshiri to ensure the club gets sold to the right owners, the stupid cunts are protesting against the PL. As a result Moshiri is looking after his own self interest and cutting his losses without giving a toss about the club and future. 

Compare this with what we did to get rid of G&H by targeting RBS and other banks/hedge funds via email campaigns. Some fans are always special, some are just thick cunts. 

• Upvote 2

City should be punished they say. 

Well it didn't bother you in 2014 when it was hilarious to wind up der redshite about them not winning the league. Also you could have made an effort in that game and you might have got into the CL which would have brought you more money and better players and you might not have been in such a shit state years down the line. It was more important though for the redshite not to win the league though and for City to "save football". A phrase they repeated again in 2020.

20231127_110722.jpg

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Andy Burnham not quite understanding that Everton do not have 'have a case to answer.' They have already admitted it.

Personally I hope this appeal process opens the whole thing up to scrutiny again and they get those massively inflated Covid losses looked at and are asked to justify them with realistic projections.

They still need their accounts reviewed re: FFP for last season. That plus a Leicester lawsuit should keep this sitcom going another year or so.

1 hour ago, rubble-rouser said:

I wasn’t worried about them going down before yesterday.  Now I am. A siege mentality can be great, but it can also be massively distracting and unhelpful and I think they’re at risk of getting so hung up on the perceived injustice that they can’t think straight.

A third of the season gone and already a trip to Forest is looking like an absolutely crucial must-win fixture.

They could well stay up, but they are going to have some sleepless nights about it.

You have to ask who the fuck is advising the shite on all legal matters relating to this , surely they should be telling them  look you have got away with this one keep your heads down and just get on with it and  not be like a load of rabble rousers and accept your medicine .

Or are they being told this and basically ignoring the advice of their legal team .

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

You have to ask who the fuck is advising the shite on all legal matters relating to this , surely they should be telling them  look you have got away with this one keep your heads down and just get on with it and  not be like a load of rabble rousers and accept your medicine .

Or are they being told this and basically ignoring the advice of their legal team .

IMG_3667.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Well it didn't bother you in 2014 when it was hilarious to wind up der redshite about them not winning the league. Also you could have made an effort in that game and you might have got into the CL which would have brought you more money and better players and you might not have been in such a shit state years down the line. It was more important though for the redshite not to win the league though and for City to "save football". A phrase they repeated again in 2020.

20231127_110722.jpg

absolute nap he has to sign a register of some sort

This tweet below is what I mean about the way the narrative around their fanbase is shaped. You can see with your own eyes and ears how shite they are but then have to sit through some psyops telling you up is down because a director or a player fears for their safety, or because a hasbeen former player is trying to sell a ticket for "an audience with". 

It's like having a simple kid who you have to keep telling is really clever purely because they haven't shit their pants today, even thought they're 36.

"You made a banner that said 'fuck the PL' and set a rocket off outside a corner shop, that's very, very good. Now it's time for your nap, you know how upset you get if you don't have your nap before Button Moon."

Screenshot_20231127_125918_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

20231127_110722.jpg

Signed Landon Donavan home match shirt has to be a collectors item - only about 10 of them in existence.

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I wasn’t worried about them going down before yesterday.  Now I am. A siege mentality can be great, but it can also be massively distracting and unhelpful and I think they’re at risk of getting so hung up on the perceived injustice that they can’t think straight.

i reckon that is what dyche was going on about after the game. i think he could feel the pressure and the players had not managed to find the balance between using the crowd and not getting carried away. they ended up neither pressing or sitting off and let one of the worst man united teams in history cruise through the game. unfortunately, i think dyche is good enough to spot this and more aways than homes in the coming weeks will actually be helpful for them. 

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

100%.

I said in this thread that if the same thing had happened to us, I would be absolutely fuming at the club, not FA, not PL, not anyone else. 

Instead of channeling their anger at the club and Moshiri to ensure the club gets sold to the right owners, the stupid cunts are protesting against the PL. As a result Moshiri is looking after his own self interest and cutting his losses without giving a toss about the club and future. 

Compare this with what we did to get rid of G&H by targeting RBS and other banks/hedge funds via email campaigns. Some fans are always special, some are just thick cunts. 

i don't want to compare it to what happened with us. mainly because i always felt we were very lucky that the club appointed hodgson, because until that point our fans were sleep walking into disaster. however, it is absolutely clear here that they're being led down the garden path by their board, so much so, it's almost comical at the stupidity of everyone involved. surely there must be a small section of their fans who can see this, especially after spending more than 12 months campaigning about the running of the club, including during this period. 

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

So they let them off with another £40m (another 8 points) yet the prem are corrupt?.

If they have the cheek to appeal the league should enforce this. Cheating twats. 

i think the PL were absolutely right to let them off with this 40m though. it's just an accounting anomaly that the spend on the stadium prior to planning permission could not go towards the asset of the new stadium, so registers as a loss. it's an accepted concept in football that infrastructure spend is outside of of the controls of FFP/PSR. 

the covid losees on the other hand.......

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was out with a blue last night. I said I don't understand why they believe it's corrupt when the club themselves have admitted guilt. He then said "the points deduction is unprecedented", to which I replied "because nobody has been caught cheating PSR before". Then he started going on about Chelsea and city. And he's one of the sane ones and not a lunatic bitter. They've all been sucked into this and as I said last week, completely played by the club to distract from their failings. 

I genuinely think Everton looked at City and Chelsea and thought the rules aren't real. In fairness to them it's not hard to see how they reached that conclusion. If they actually took that approach with the tribunal rather than covid bullshit, I'd have some sympathy for their plight.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i don't want to compare it to what happened with us. mainly because i always felt we were very lucky that the club appointed hodgson, because until that point our fans were sleep walking into disaster. however, it is absolutely clear here that they're being led down the garden path by their board, so much so, it's almost comical at the stupidity of everyone involved. surely there must be a small section of their fans who can see this, especially after spending more than 12 months campaigning about the running of the club, including during this period. 

Fair point about Hodgson.

However, when our fans (at least a portion of them) woke up mainly due to the results on the pitch, we channeled our efforts in the right way. These twats have been having bad results for a long time now and they are in a massive fucking cash flow problem. Instead of taking the 10 points on the chin and going for an all out war with their board, they choose to show stupid posters and fly a fucking plane. 

Funny though. 

Just now, No2 said:

I genuinely think Everton looked at City and Chelsea and thought the rules aren't real. In fairness to them it's not hard to see how they reached that conclusion. If they actually took that approach with the tribunal rather than covid bullshit, I'd have some sympathy for their plight.

that wouldn't surprise me. and of course the attitude will have been driven by uzmanov who is used to getting his own way. they'd have probably been alright too had the ukraine war not stopped uzmanov pumping cash in. the fact the PL let it go that he paid 30m for first option on naming rights for the stadium proves just that.