You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, UnwelcomeinPeru said:

If Leicester and Forest win on Monday, and Everton lose to Brighton, if Forest then beat Chelsea the following Saturday, and Everton lose to City the next day, then I think if Liverpool lose to Leicester on the Monday that puts Everton down?

Yup. Albeit I can’t see us rolling over at Leicester if the Mancs are still doable.

On 04/05/2023 at 16:40, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Sad bastard that I am, when I briefly moved back to the city a few years ago I actually counted footie shirts on the first day. It wasn't even a match day but I counted 41 LFC shirts and caps before seeing the first scruff in blue.

If I read similar to that on GOT, I’d be pissing myself.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The powers that be....Clive Thomas,yadda,yadda..

This conspiracy theory that he was brought out if retirement to fuck them over is yet another pathetic lie they constantly tell themselves. Also that UEFA didn't want 5 English teams in the CL. I think UEFA would have got higher viewing figures by having a fifth English team in the competition than teams from Norway, Switzerland or Slovakia given that the PL has the highest worldwide TV audience.

Also the only people who it would have a detrimental effect on would be the other 4 English clubs who would then have to share the association TV money between 5 rather than 4 teams. So maybe Liverpool, the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea all got together to have a whipround to pay Collina off for less than what they would have lost due to the TV deal. 

The Italian FA (The FIGC) raised their retirement age by one year from 45 to 46 to accommodate him in Serie A for another year as they believed he was their best ever ref.

Again as with the Super League a lot of them cant differetiate between domestic and European competition and the Italian FA had nothing to do with the CL.

After their game he then retired in August 2005 after he signed a sponsorship deal with Opel as it was deemed a conflict of interest.  As Opelnwere also sponsors of AC Milan, a bit like Micheal Oliver signing a deal with a company that sponsors one of the teams who regularly compete for the league. 

Yet somehow he was brought out of retirement like some super villain to specifically fuck up Evertons chances of qualifying for the knockout stages even though they were completely outclassed in the first leg at Goodison then were twatted 5-1 by a Romanian team in the UEFA Cup a few weeks later. No one has ever been able to trace any dodgy money into Collina's bank account since them. But he was defo paid off.

That season Liverpool had to play 3 qualifiers and then got put in the same group as Chelsea yet I've never heard any Liverpool fans moaning about that. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, sir roger said:

Just the 366/1 for that scenario

What’s the odds of you take out the Liverpool Leicester result?

basically, what’s the odds of our game being a potential Everton relegation match?

If Leicester beat Fulham, Forest beat Southampton and Brighton beat Everton then Everton could be relegated next weekend. Probably won’t happen because life is just not that perfect but how glorious would it be. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, angie said:

If Leicester beat Fulham, Forest beat Southampton and Brighton beat Everton then Everton could be relegated next weekend. Probably won’t happen because life is just not that perfect but how glorious would it be. 

I'll be 60 on Monday. That would be the best belated birthday prezzie ever.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, angie said:

I see Leicester as the ones to ruin this particular scenario. 

Foxes twats. 

4 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

What’s the odds of you take out the Liverpool Leicester result?

basically, what’s the odds of our game being a potential Everton relegation match?

Leicester are 4/1 so about 70/1 without that, Bob