You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fave fast food ?

withnail71

The only takeaway I do is curry or pizza (one place only).

RJ: It's pizzaface. I presume you've tried it.

Yeah only once. Me and the missus shared one, a few months back when I got back late after a delayed flight.

Top drawer pizzas, but it's too near my flat to get a delivery and look a fat bastard; and too far to be super convenient and walk.

I did have the pizza with the wild boar though. Obviously!

They have stopped opening at lunches to produce bread. I'd have a go if I didn't pretty much bake all my own now.

I like to get one of two things.

Sweet and Sour and Singapore Vermicelli and then mix them

or

Donner Kebab mixed spiced meat Pizza and some deep fried sui mei.

No wonder I'm such a legend in my local chippy. Seriously it's boss, I walk in and every fucker in there knows me and comes out from the back just to let on, and the food is supoirb.

• Downvote 1

For anyone who likes Big Macs:

YouTube - Big Mac Secret Recipe

That is how you make your own Big Mac. Folow the insturctions for the sauce and it is pretty much perfect.

We made these in Canada and they are much better than Big Macs from McDonalds because you get to make your own mince burgers too.

I had 5 Big Macs in 24 hours. They're lovely.

Yeah only once. Me and the missus shared one, a few months back when I got back late after a delayed flight.

Top drawer pizzas, but it's too near my flat to get a delivery and look a fat bastard; and too far to be super convenient and walk.

I did have the pizza with the wild boar though. Obviously!

They have stopped opening at lunches to produce bread. I'd have a go if I didn't pretty much bake all my own now.

Yeah, I'm still baking all mine (using the breadmaker).

If had 3 from pizzaface now. All fucking lovely. Last one went very nice with Sopranos season 5 last night.

Maccy D doesnt do it for me, I prefer Burger king, pizza hut hits the spot especially at lunchtime with the all you can eat menu.

My fave has got to be KFC. There is nowt better than a boneless bucket ! oo er misses !

Gotta agree Withnail me & my lad hav a kfc pretty much every other friday nite but as someone said the chips do let the side down my fav is the 3 piece variety meal really got into the spicy wings lately

For anyone who likes Big Macs:

YouTube - Big Mac Secret Recipe

That is how you make your own Big Mac. Folow the insturctions for the sauce and it is pretty much perfect.

We made these in Canada and they are much better than Big Macs from McDonalds because you get to make your own mince burgers too.

I had 5 Big Macs in 24 hours. They're lovely.

I fuckin hate Maccy Dees.

The burger tastes like no meat I can identify. The bread bun has that much shite going on that it doesn't even taste like bread ! The lettuce and tomato also taste like watery gack.

The ONLY thing remotely recogniseable in a Big Muck is the fucking gerkin !

The Lobster Pot is just awful. I hate going to the chippy in Liverpool because it just doesn't compare to what I'm used to over here in Ireland when I'm home.

Woo was very impressed with the fish and chip he got here.

Stingy bastards!

I'd have to go for the Burritos they do at Camden, fucking lovely, loads of awesome fast food there though from Ghanaian curry to Vietnamese noodles and savoury crepes, yum fucking yum.

I am not a massive fan of most chain fast food outlets, Subway is ok but then as a veggie I am not really any of their target audience.

Stingy bastards!

I'd have to go for the Burritos they do at Camden, fucking lovely, loads of awesome fast food there though from Ghanaian curry to Vietnamese noodles and savoury crepes, yum fucking yum.

I am not a massive fan of most chain fast food outlets, Subway is ok but then as a veggie I am not really any of their target audience.

Yeah, that west African Goat Curry they do in Camden Market is ace. Did you ever get a dollop of the nuclear red chilli sauce they have on the side? It's the hottest thing I've ever eaten and finished, I think. I like the Mezze thing they do up the top next to the terrace aswell. Smells not undelicious.

I like Vapiano which is an Italian fast food gaff, I think there's a few around Europe now, I've been to one in London and Berlin. You can order a pizza or pasta and they make it in front of you in a couple of minutes.

I was all for Subway a couple of years ago. I used to get two or three every week and always enjoyed tham as much as the previous.

I then got a really shitty one out in Malia and lost my love for subway. I only have them about two or three times a year now.

There is far too much going on in a Subway butty. Sure you can have it without all the salad and stuff, but then your left with a shit bread/meat ratio.

or

No wonder I'm such a legend in my local chippy. Seriously it's boss, I walk in and every fucker in there knows me and comes out from the back just to let on, and the food is supoirb.

I wish I was your friend.

• 10 years later...
On 31/08/2010 at 12:11, WrongIslander said:

or

Negged. Can't have a bellend like WI hanging round with 1 rep.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Went into McDonalds for the first time in ages the other day and it was hell on earth.

They were just doing orders for deliveroo drivers, they were piled high while the drivers sat around on their phones. 

Some random bloke wandered in and asked for a cheeseburger and they said he had to go and order it on the screen as they don't take orders at the till now. You also have to wait ages for your food and it comes to you Argos style with a ticket and a screen to keep an eye on.

It's mad. When you watch that supersize me film, the company has always gone to huge lengths to build the brand, from hosting kids parties to having ronald McDonald and all that bollocks.  That's well gone out the window, absolutely horrendous place.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Went into McDonalds for the first time in ages the other day and it was hell on earth.

They were just doing orders for deliveroo drivers, they were piled high while the drivers sat around on their phones. 

Some random bloke wandered in and asked for a cheeseburger and they said he had to go and order it on the screen as they don't take orders at the till now. You also have to wait ages for your food and it comes to you Argos style with a ticket and a screen to keep an eye on.

It's mad. When you watch that supersize me film, the company has always gone to huge lengths to build the brand, from hosting kids parties to having ronald McDonald and all that bollocks.  That's well gone out the window, absolutely horrendous place.

Agree, it has lost any semblance of what made it successful. Don’t go very often now but the last 3 times the food was cold on 2 occasions and inedible on the other.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I remember my mate back around 89/90 moaning in the Lord Street Maccies because his meal hadn't arrived within 5 minutes and he maintained that in the US if that happened then they were obliged to give him his meal for free, so they did. 

You're lucky if it comes within 15 minutes now. It's the worst food on earth too, absolutely the last place i would go for fast food.    

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I remember my mate back around 89/90 moaning in the Lord Street Maccies because his meal hadn't arrived within 5 minutes and he maintained that in the US if that happened then they were obliged to give him his meal for free, so they did. 

You're lucky if it comes within 15 minutes now. It's the worst food on earth too, absolutely the last place i would go for fast food.    

Yeah it's absolutely garbage food, it really is. I think as a kid there weren't many places you could get a burger, but decent pubs do really good burgers now, so I don't know why anyone would eat this shite.

I went in for a mcflurry and that was melted to fuck by the time I got it. I'll occasionally get a breakfast from  there when there's nowhere else open, but to say I enjoy it would be wide of the mark. 

Burger King is better but their burgers taste no better than those rustlers microwave burgers.