You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst LFC side in recent history?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Worst LFC side in recent history?

• Rafa's 09/10 Liverpool
    • Roy's 10/11 Liverpool

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught some real whoppers there SD

Yes, after watching raised hopes dashed, and a capitulation of devastating proportions on Monday night, I have to admit that on the final whistle my very first thought was "Tee hee I'll put a fishing thread up on the Liverpool Way website!! What an absolute hoot!" Gutted I was beaten to it!

Well it's only natural isn't it?

Glad you enjoyed the thread too!

after watching raised hopes dashed, and a capitulation of devastating proportions on Monday night

it's only natural isn't it?

You're not watching the BBC coverage of the Pakistan floods?

We lost a sports game in mancland. I don't think it's quite the same thing.

EDIT

I AM STILL ANGRY.

Thanks for your guru-style sense of equilibrium, Mypost.

If we were being picky, I would say that the phrase, "capitulation of devastating proportions" could be interpreted as wholly acceptable as it is referring to the capitulation, which in the framework of the football match with the intended goal of gaining three points, proved devastating to the goal of achieving the goal.

But, we'll ignore this and pretend that your interpretation is correct.

We'll start with: “devastation” having gradations. And what is devastating to one person, on a personal level, is piffle to another. Who can define personal emotions?

If you were to say, “Liverpool losing to Manchester City is more devastating than the floods in Pakistan” I would think you worthy of criticism. Saying you are devastated by each, but in different ways, I think, is acceptable.

So, whereas I think Liverpool’s loss on Monday night is trivial in direct comparison with the floods in Pakistan, I still felt devastated by it.

Ok by you?

Or do you want to grade global disasters from history so I can be more careful with my words?

Shall we start with World War Two, oh great one?

PS That degree in semiology, did you do a minor in pedantry?

Thanks for the perspective.

Do you have a degree in semiology?

Today's new word for mypost: Semiology :|

"Football team in lost game shocker. And now back to Anna with the rest of tonight's news"

We know the result is bad, it's not the end of the world, nor the end of the season, it's not even a cup competition with instant elimination as punishment.

Unless your Chelsea, nobody has had a perfect start to the season, 4 of them have lost games by 6 goals. We have one of our hardest away games out of the way now, another one next month. When we are a better side, we'll be able to compete with them. We move on from the result and get on with more important things in our lives, until the next game.

Today's new word for mypost: Semiology :|

"Football team in lost game shocker. And now back to Anna with the rest of tonight's news"

We know the result is bad, it's not the end of the world, nor the end of the season, it's not even a cup competition with instant elimination as punishment.

Unless your Chelsea, nobody has had a perfect start to the season, 4 of them have lost games by 6 goals. We have one of our hardest away games out of the way now, another one next month. When we are a better side, we'll be able to compete with them. We move on from the result and get on with more important things in our lives, until the next game.

I'm not going to d