You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez: The Final Word.

Magic Sponge

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with Steve Hothersall and he said Rafa spent the entire interview rubbing his fingers together, like he was rolling an invisible spliff... or *gasp* counting imaginary money.

When the interview was over he replicated his famous 'finished' gesture. One final goading of Fat Sam, and all the anti-Rafa crew. Shame, I thought the guy had more class than that.

Realistically, everyone knew he could not come out and slag the owners off as he could of got sued and the radio station would get in shit as well so they could of made it clear not to talk about the Americans. Or maybe, like the club was pressuring the Echo before, they were doing it again. Another stupid idea is that Rafa just wanted a final chance to say goodbye to us fans. But no of course not, he hated us all.

Just another stick to beat the manager with. Funny, the people who called him pathetic names and wanted him out are now slating him for not helping them...

Get a fucking grip.

Realistically, everyone knew he could not come out and slag the owners off as he could of got sued and the radio station would get in shit as well so they could of made it clear not to talk about the Americans. Or maybe, like the club was pressuring the Echo before, they were doing it again. Another stupid idea is that Rafa just wanted a final chance to say goodbye to us fans. But no of course not, he hated us all.

Just another stick to beat the manager with. Funny, the people who called him pathetic names and wanted him out are now slating him for not helping them...

Get a fucking grip.

This.

Give me one good reason, why he shouldn't have come out and made one final attempt at fighting the supposed 'good fight' he fought for our club.

£. But who cares, really? I don't expect our new manager to talk about how terrible the owners are when he leaves either.

Seriously Ant, I don't think there is one single Liverpool supporter that isn't aware of how bad the yanks are.

Can you not see that if he used the struggle with the owners, that it would come across as him being bitter and twisted?

I think he's been very clever by avoiding it all together.

The same people now saying that it would be wrong for him to speak out, would be applauding him if he did speak out.

For the past 2 years we've had cryptic messages, a man who signed his own gagging order, a man who many argue has done shit because of the owners.

What would be better than the man who many called a tortured genius came out and called the owners for all they where, told them how damaging they are for the club, told them to leave and made sure the fans knew what side of the fence he falls.

I've spoken to various fans, and someone said he 'fought the good fight', not to me he didn't, especially when he had the chance with no re-percussions to set the record straight, but he didn't.

This isn't about making excuses, making excuses is about talking about the failures. I didn't expect or don't expect him to talk about Alonso. I expect him to talk about the debt, I expect him to talk about the stadium and the damage that no stadium is doing to the local area, I expect him to expose the decision making process, and I expect him to condemn the banks.

He shit out.

Putting aside all issues of gagging clauses, can people not see it wouldn't be sensible for Benitez to have used the interview to slate the owners? It wouldn't exactly go down well with Moratti for him to be out in the pressing mugging off his old bosses, irrespective of whether they were or weren't shit. The average Italian fan would probably know nothing of our financial plight - it would look like making excuses.

Not to mention it would reopen many other cans of worms, i.e whether he spent allocated transfer fees wisely, whether 7th was an acceptable position with the squad we had, and so on.

It basically would reflect terribly on him with everybody except Liverpool fans - and honestly, how much more edified would we be? We have a fairly decent idea of what a pair of dishonest, invidious cunts our owners our. I'd love him to say exactly what happened with the Keane money, our net spend last summer &c as much as anyone, but not at cost to himself. Let's be clear- he tried his best for the club. I don't think anybody would really want it to spill over into martyrdom.

What would be better than the man who many called a tortured genius came out and called the owners for all they where, told them how damaging they are for the club, told them to leave and made sure the fans knew what side of the fence he falls.

Benitez has no connection with this club now, he's gone, get over it.

I've spoken to various fans, and someone said he 'fought the good fight', not to me he didn't, especially when he had the chance with no re-percussions to set the record straight, but he didn't.

This isn't about making excuses, making excuses is about talking about the failures. I didn't expect or don't expect him to talk about Alonso. I expect him to talk about the debt, I expect him to talk about the stadium and the damage that no stadium is doing to the local area, I expect him to expose the decision making process, and I expect him to condemn the banks.

But why should he? He owes us nothing after the way he was treated by the club and sections of the fans.

He shit out

How Ironic.

Benitez has no connection with this club now, he's gone, get over it.

Haha, Brilliant.

But why should he? He owes us nothing after the way he was treated by the club and sections of the fans.

Okay then, so he doesn't owe me it you think?

But don't you think he owes you it? Or the club and city he says he loves so much?

Why not apply the same rule to the senior players then, the likes of Stevie and Jamie. Or even Kenny.

I'm of the opinion that Rafa stayed tight lipped in order to save the club and more importantly the fans, some dignity.

Why drag the club through the mud, just to confirm what everyones already aware of.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Haha, Brilliant.

Okay then, so he doesn't owe me it you think?

But don't you think he owes you it? Or the club and city he says he loves so much?

If you stamp your feet and scream a little teensy weensy bit louder, he might actually do it. Just for you. Right after mummy cuts your toast into 'ickle soldiers to dip in the runny eggy weggy.