You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Benitez: The Final Word.

Magic Sponge

Why not apply the same rule to the senior players then, the likes of Stevie and Jamie. Or even Kenny.

I'm of the opinion that Rafa stayed tight lipped in order to save the club and more importantly the fans, some dignity.

Why drag the club through the mud, just to confirm what everyones already aware of.

Yes, plus now that he is manager of Inter Milan surely it's impossible for him to discuss the boardroom politics of another club.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, Brilliant.

Okay then, so he doesn't owe me it you think?

But don't you think he owes you it? Or the club and city he says he loves so much?

He owes me nothing - I'm not asking for anything from him.

I would actually be embarrased where he to offer us anything given the behaviour of the club and some sections of it's fans.

Yes, plus now that he is manager of Inter Milan surely it's impossible for him to discuss the boardroom politics of another club.
What about the time between jobs ? Could he not have spoken out then. Your right though, he's manager of another club now so he shouldn't be involving himself in our affairs.

Whats your view on it?

People who think he's took the money and ran are, in my opinion, being very narrow minded.

I have no problem with him taking the money - even if he got 15 million, he was entitled to it. It's likely whatever he got was on the condition that he made no adverse statements. I have no problem with that either. He negotiated a contract, the club were happy to oblige, and he's perfectly entitled to it. The club shafted him, and he shafted the club right back.

I don't believe he showed much in the way of dignity when he was here though.

What about the time between jobs ? Could he not have spoken out then. Your right though' date=' he's manager of another club now so he shouldn't be involving himself in our affairs.[/quote']

Not ideal to continue involving yourself with a clubs boardroom politics whilst negotiating a new job offer.

So just to clarify, the people who wanted him out are still criticising him, and the people who wanted him to stay are still lauding him?

What an astonishing turn of events!

To a certain degree mate yes, I wanted him to go though. I thought his time was up, the confidence in the team had vapourised, and he had basically ran out of ideas.

But still, for people to use this thread like all the others that mention his name, regardless of the topic, as a battle ground to throw sticks and stones, regardless of what side you are throwing them, is becoming tedius.

I agreed with him being removed, yet I still think alot of people are missing the point of how much he cares for the club.

The dust hadnt even settled about his sacking, and then it becomes apparent about his donation to various charities. And all this whilst on here especially, people are viewing him as the anti christ and are partying like its 1999.

'I could get 6m taken off me for telling you this but, in case you haven't heard, those Yanks who run this club have no money, have put a load of debt onto the club, made me give contracts out of my transfer pot ...'

Thanks but i'd rather he kept his money than give it back to them two parasites for the sake of stating the obvious. Like Magic Sponge said, there's plenty other people who could be speaking out and have more reason to do so.

So just to clarify, the people who wanted him out are still criticising him, and the people who wanted him to stay are still lauding him?

actually some of us are just sitting here not saying anything, but watching the two sides go at one another one last time.

rafa owes us nothing and all those saying he does are blinkered.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's amazing. Plus you forgot about those who aren't bothered, being as he's got nothing to do with the club any more. He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing, the case should be closed. I don't ring my ex girlfriends up just because they were nice, if i did i'd be in danger of losing the things i have and love now. Like an ex you have to remember the good times but you have to let go at some point.

It's amazing. Plus you forgot about those who aren't bothered, being as he's got nothing to do with the club any more. He owes us nothing and we owe him nothing, the case should be closed. I don't ring my ex girlfriends up just because they were nice, if i did i'd be in danger of losing the things i have and love now. Like an ex you have to remember the good times but you have to let go at some point.

You are Simon Bates and I claim my £10.

There was a bit where rafa mentioned when he signed Torres he had a list of ten possible targets. Why didn't Hoddersall ask him who was on the list?

Missed transfer targets/ transfer regrets would of made it a bit mote interesting.

Great interview. Summed up a lot of the good times he has given us at this club. As he said, one of his biggest achievements was for the supporters being able to say "we are proud again". You could see how deep his feeling is for the fans and for the area, and his use of "we" when describing the club now a few times, then correcting himself, shows me that leaving wasn't a decision he made. Puslow "running things in his own way" tells us exactly who made that decision. "Mutual consent" my arse.

He was never going to slam the owners a few weeks after departing and being in a new job. And even if he did do, the usual sad tits on here would accuse him of trying to take the shine off himself and blame others. I can see it now, "Oh sorry Rafa, did the yanks make you play that cunt Lucas every week". It's fuckin pathetic. Whatever he said the same old moaning gets would pick it apart and find fault. His reference to Purslow and things changing the past year was as much as he was going to say, and anyone with a hole in their arse can take what he means from that.

Very touching to here that he has also made a donation to Rhys Jones as well as the other publicised causes. Absolute class. And I love the fact that he now regards this as his home and won't be selling his house. I'd love him back one day to finish what he built over those 5 seasons before the wheels come off and I think he dreams of that too.

Steve Hothersall done a great job in compacting it all in to 1 hour and it highlighted just how many great times we have had over the past 6 years. Massive European nights to stand side by side with the St Etienne's of the past. Days out in Cardiff and trips to Athens and Istanbul, plus a club record breaking season in the league which would have won us the title 95% of other seasons. Obviously 1 poor seasons is too much though for Liverpool Football Club though, and all that goes out the window.

I'm just heartened to know that atleast the honourable statesman of football Christian Purslow is calling the shots now. Hey, he couldn't do the job he was tasked to do and bring in investment but so what! He's a good red and a season ticket holder to boot so we'll be fine! He knows what he's doing! If he thinks Roy Hodgson's the man then he's the fuckin man alright! He finished 13th and didn't win away from home all season but who gives a fuck, he had a good cup run, plus he's English and cheap!! Nice one Christy, can't fuckin wait for August!!

The only intriguing part of that interview was Benitez deliberately leaving the door open on a possible return. Any Liverpool supporter - regardless of their views on him - should be delighted if he did because it would mean the club's healthy again.

Yeah, until he arrives.

I see the Benitez's made another donation to Hoylake Cottage who they have raised £1.5million for through fundraising and Rafa sent one of his old coaching staff dowt to West Derby Tesco to hand Melanie Jones a fat cheque for the Rhys Jones Fund. A true gentleman and a class act to the end. God help us next season.

Very touching to here that he has also made a donation to Rhys Jones

Yes. According to reports the lad's mum was given the cheque while she was working at the till in tesco's - she just put it in her pocket and only realised how much it was for when she got home. A wonderful gesture.

"Oh, you're ill? Look, I'm fucking off for a while. Let me know when you're healthy and I'll come back then".

Delightful.

Or possibly the parents of an ill dude tell his friend to fuck off and he simply says I care and will be around.