You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Agger

Antynwa

Make me laugh people who now try to convince themselves Agger is shite, yea that's why the best footballing side in the world and the richest are after him. As has been said I wouldn't trust us to buy a packet of crisps going on recent transfers never mind a centre half to go straight into the team.

That precisely it.

No it isn't.

If someone knows nothing about a subject yet you heed his advice on that subject and it all goes wrong, you are just as culpable as those you employed.

That is exactly what happened with Comolli, and unlike a manager that was an executive role which was precisely their purview.

To argue otherwise to me is pointless they fully share culpability along with everyone else.

Also if the manager is a poor choice why shouldn't they be held responsible?

To me it's an illogical stance. And I expect the telling sign will be when you refuse to give FSG any credit should things work out on the pitch this season.

To me it's an illogical stance. And I expect the telling sign will be when you refuse to give FSG any credit should things work out on the pitch this season.

And unless you are a mind reader how do you know I'm not going to give them any credit?

As far as it being illogical well we'll agree to differ, as I think it's illogical to take advice off someone who knows nothing about football and when that decision proves to be disastrous not to share in the responsibility.

A 'come and get him' plea if ever I heard.

If Agger is looking for more money then is on offer in his new contract, then those comments could just as easily be directed at him by Rodgers as opposed as a “come and get me” plea to other clubs. In fact, I’d go as far as saying they are for Skrtel’s and any other player who is considering his future benefit also.

It’s a new era. You can be part of it on the deals offered, or move on. Simple as that.

Is everyone convinced that Agger's not looking to go? I mean, Suarez signed a new contract because he wants to stay here. Is it really as sinister as some are making out or does he simply just want to leave? If he wants to stay and we want to sell, then that's worrying.

His agent said he wants to stay but he's been made no new contract offer.

I think Rodgers want to raise a big chunk and without selling Luis he's the best way to do it, and quickly, as he knows there is interest.

So if a contract is on the table for Agger and he has rejected it, are people here basically saying we just pay him what he wants?

Personally I think we work out what we think his value is to us. Offer it to him. If he says he wants more then we sell him.

So if a contract is on the table for Agger and he has rejected it, are people here basically saying we just pay him what he wants?

Personally I think we work out what we think his value is to us. Offer it to him. If he says he wants more then we sell him.

There is no contract on the table.

There is no contract on the table.

he ain't had no contract offer! even though sharky said he wanted him to stay and sign one as soon as he joined the club, now he his hawking him about like a pro.

Who to believe…… An Agent or a Journalist…….

One of lifes great quandaries. Although as it’s bad news I expect most football fans to believe both while also adding the word “FACT” to fully dumb-up their post.

I haven't really had much of a problem with anything Rogers has said until now. It was great to hear the things he had to say upon appointment, they've been just about tolerable over the past few weeks but after that bollocks I can't help but think he's going to be a stupid cunt of a soundbite during his time here.

Who to believe…… An Agent or a Journalist…….

One of lifes great quandaries. Although as it’s bad news I expect most football fans to believe both while also adding the word “FACT” to fully dumb-up their post.

Well tell me who the journalist is that says there is a contract on the table. I'll compare his record and what he says to what Agger himself and his agent have said and make a judgment.

I haven't really had much of a problem with anything Rogers has said until now. It was great to hear the things he had to say upon appointment, they've been just about tolerable over the past few weeks but after that bollocks I can't help but think he's going to be a stupid cunt of a soundbite during his time here.

Problem is that he's had nothing to talk about because we've only played one game and we won. So there's just been the usual hysterics that he's had to deal with about transfers and targets and such like. Meh.

I think you're more of a cunt, to be fair.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors going on here, isn’t there?

I believe that Man City made a £12m bid. (It sounds about right, a fit Agger must be worth around £25m, he only plays in half the games, so halve the fee).

I would guess that City would offer more wages. So his agent would do two things. Firstly invent “interest” from Barcelona to jack up the City wages offer, then approach us and say that his client is obviously worth more money, hence the City interest, time to improve the contract.

The Clubs response should be that he is under contract, a derisory bid has been made so the whole thing is a non-starter.

In practise we cannot replace him, whatever money we get, like for like, so we are best off letting his contract run down. His value in the side will be greater than the “lost” fee. If he is crocked in 2014 ( quite possible) he isn’t going to be worth much and we get shot anyway, if he is fit we make him an offer.

Well tell me who the journalist is that says there is a contract on the table. I'll compare his record and what he says to what Agger himself and his agent have said and make a judgment.

I’d seen it reported on here over the last few days in a few places that an offer is on the table. If I’m wrong, then fair enough, they clearly think his current deal is good enough. If Agger doesn’t like it, then goodbye to him.