You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus Christ... Klinsmann on German TV live

Guest Pistonbroke

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose Mourinho continues to burn his bridges in Italy and looks like he'll be heading back to these shores at the end of the season...

Jose Mourinho accused after clash with journalist

Jose Mourinho, the Inter Milan coach, has been accused of "physical and verbal aggression" towards a journalist after Sunday's 1-1 draw at Atalanta.

Reports claimed a heated argument took place between Mourinho and Andrea Ramazzotti, the Corriere dello Sport journalist, outside the team bus.

Mourinho, who has had a fractious relationship with the media in Italy, watched yesterday's game from the stands as he served a one-match touchline ban.

"For the moment I don't want to comment as I still don't have all the facts, but I'm sorry," Massimo Moratti, the Inter president, said.

The Italian Sport Union of Journalists (USSI) condemned Mourinho's alleged actions and urged Moratti and the country's governing sporting bodies to investigate.

A USSI statement read: "The physical and verbal aggression of Inter coach Jose Mourinho towards our colleague Andrea Ramazzotti marks one of the lowest and alarming moments in the relations between soccer and sporting press.

"Mourinho was already cited, prior to the Champions League game with Rubin Kazan, for his uneducated and disrespectful tone that he used towards certain colleagues. This aggression marks an irresponsible and unacceptable escalation."

Guest juanmanual
Getting Mourinho would depress me.

I don't ever want to dislike a Liverpool manager. I'd dislike Mourinho from the start as much as i do now and i'd turn on him very quickly if things weren't going great, i think.

Funny,that's how i view Rafa.

I'm amazed and not a little embarassed that there is so much anti Klinsmann stuff being spouted - if (and its a big if) he did come to our club I think you have to give him a chance I think.

My own view - he seems an OK guy who interviews well as was said earlier in the thread but there must be question marks over his ability as a club manager given Bayern. When Sugar treated him badly he came out of it with dignity and he is clearly an intelligent and 'world aware' guy having lived in so many countries ...etc

Mourinho? - having said earlier that everyone deserves a chance after his style in mangaing Chelsea I dislike this man a lot and would be very uncomfortable with him becoming our manager. But even with him I think I've mellowed as he does seem a winner and will not suffer fools and maybe that is what we need.

My fav choices would be the likes of Rikjhard (sp), Hiddink, Martinez or a proven British manager who understood the PL and could get the best out of the players - preferably one with connections to our club but unfiortunatekly most in that category have rubbish records as managers.

Really tho imo the best option has to be to stick with Rafa for now and see where we are at the end of the season - and that does not just mean league position it means how we are playing and what new players have come into the club.

Truth is tho that I am not sure what I want - above all I just want Liverpool FC to do better and to be more like the team I know and love. At times lately that has seemed a million miles away - but maybe it isn't as far as we think as despite everything we are still not that far behind and have some easier fixtures coming up so maybe in a few weeks things will look a lot better. Lets hope so!!

I'm amazed and not a little embarassed that there is so much anti Klinsmann stuff being spouted - if (and its a big if) he did come to our club I think you have to give him a chance I think.

My own view - he seems an OK guy who interviews well as was said earlier in the thread but there must be question marks over his ability as a club manager given Bayern. When Sugar treated him badly he came out of it with dignity and he is clearly an intelligent and 'world aware' guy having lived in so many countries ...etc

Mourinho? - having said earlier that everyone deserves a chance after his style in mangaing Chelsea I dislike this man a lot and would be very uncomfortable with him becoming our manager. But even with him I think I've mellowed as he does seem a winner and will not suffer fools and maybe that is what we need.

My fav choices would be the likes of Rikjhard (sp), Hiddink, Martinez or a proven British manager who understood the PL and could get the best out of the players - preferably one with connections to our club but unfiortunatekly most in that category have rubbish records as managers.

Really tho imo the best option has to be to stick with Rafa for now and see where we are at the end of the season - and that does not just mean league position it means how we are playing and what new players have come into the club.

Truth is tho that I am not sure what I want - above all I just want Liverpool FC to do better and to be more like the team I know and love. At times lately that has seemed a million miles away - but maybe it isn't as far as we think as despite everything we are still not that far behind and have some easier fixtures coming up so maybe in a few weeks things will look a lot better. Lets hope so!!

I think you might have answered your own question.....

Like an earlier poster said. Low was the brains behind Germanys successful World Cup campaign. We would actually be a lot better off going after him rather than Klinsmann. Klinsmann is useless. How can you fail so miserably in a league like bundesliga with Ribery, Klose, Van Bommel, Lahm, etc? Didn't they only get champs league because they sacked klinsmann with a few games left and van gaal coming in and winning them? Nah, no deal for klinsmann as far as i'm concerned. We really would be heading for 'meltdown' if that shit happened.

And since I posted talking of embarassment about the reaction to JK he has been called a cunt and some have commented on shirts in relation to managing - is this the X Factor or what? - OK it was prob a joke but....

My views still stand re JK, Mourinho and the rest as does my embarassment - we are meant to be intelligent fans?? - JK would not be the best or first choice imo (as the Yanks seem to have him as) or even the tenth choice imo (lol) but he is a world figure, intelligent and attack minded so if he came he would be given a chance by me as anyone else would be too. Just cos he seems to have messed up Bayern does not mean he is bound to mess up every job he is ever given.

One aspect I am not comfortable with about him is the talking on German TV in the way he is alledged to - not classy but you know what these journos are like - maybe they put words into his mouth - I mean he could have said similar to Sky with a British audience last week but didn't as far as I know (I did not stay to listen to him and Souness giving their views last week switching over as soon as the match finished). Having said that he should be able to negotiate loaded questions - that is part of the role of manager these days

Does saying you don't want someone as manager equate to not giving them a chance if they were signed then? I don't want Klinsmann here, but in the hypothetical situation that he became our manager I would judge him on performances and results as I do with every manager.

Exactly.

Guest Pistonbroke
Does saying you don't want someone as manager equate to not giving them a chance if they were signed then? I don't want Klinsmann here, but in the hypothetical situation that he became our manager I would judge him on performances and results as I do with every manager.

That's how i feel.

Like an earlier poster said. Low was the brains behind Germanys successful World Cup campaign. We would actually be a lot better off going after him rather than Klinsmann. Klinsmann is useless. How can you fail so miserably in a league like bundesliga with Ribery, Klose, Van Bommel, Lahm, etc? Didn't they only get champs league because they sacked klinsmann with a few games left and van gaal coming in and winning them? Nah, no deal for klinsmann as far as i'm concerned. We really would be heading for 'meltdown' if that shit happened.

Ha ha. Sorry, but when I read that first, I thought it was some kind of saying like "High is the man who looks before he leaps", before I realised you actually meant Joachim Low.

By the way, Klinsmann is shite, and Mourinho is a prize cunt.

More or less how I feel, except for a certain height restricted minge.

If he comes, and the thought of the ground singing his name makes me sick!, I don't think I will get behind him.