You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus Christ... Klinsmann on German TV live

Guest Pistonbroke

Pellegrini if/when he gets sacked by Real is one of the best shouts I've heard. Managed to get the best out of cast-offs from clubs with more resources for decent prices and managed to assemble a very good side. Couple of title challenges and a Riquelme penalty kick away from the European Cup final.

Watched Real last night and I dont think he will be going anywhere, I think he will get them to win La Liga

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klinsmann had a games room installed at the Bayern training ground with wall-to-wall Playstations, Xboxes and the like, along with the usual pool tables, table tennis, table football etc. All to help the players chill out after training. Some of them looked forward to visiting this room too eagerly, form suffered and he was out on his arse. I would guess Van Gaal has had this room bulldozed.

Guest Pistonbroke
Klinsmann was coach at Bayern Munich, not manager, and that is possibly a club more riddled with politics and internal power struggles. There could be a million reasons as to why it never worked out. He's obviously got a modern way of managing people that seemed to work with the German national side - even if they didn't play anyone THAT good - so I think it's a little premature to write him off. Almost as premature as talking about him as our next manager.

Every man and his dog knows over here that Jogi Löw was the brains behind Germany doing half decent at home in the 2006 World cup. They were pretty shit and lucky in the whole as well. Klinsmann failed at Bayern because he didn't have a shagging clue how to manage a team. Bayern is full of polotics and Hoeness is a twat but a very intelligent twat who has seen Bayern be successful over a long span without even having a sniff of debt. Maybw waining at the moment and over the last few years, but that is purely down to money taking over the game. Something Hoeness and Bayern refuse to get involved in just to try and win a CL title. Even in Germany Schalke 04, Wolsburg and Hoffenheim have spent a fortune and yet bayern are still there or there about every year. Bayern spen enough to keep up with their own league, but don't try to spend millions which would see them in debt to keep up with the big clubs in Europe. Fuck, i'm confusing myself now.

I was talking about when he was at Villarreal.

By the way, Pellegrini wasn't Real manager when we beat them last season. It was Juande Ramos.

Let's see if he can shift Barca first. It's not as if he would be dealing with the same caliber of player here as he has at Real.

I think he is another Ramos a Wenger-lite or diet Wenger or sugar-free Wenger MAX if you will. He will give you wind because he clearly contains Zxylotol.

jesus Coop thats a depressing thought

I posted about this in one of the many Rafa threads - if he goes, there is no incentive for our owners to pay out for a manager of league-winning quality because their plans for the immediate future don't involve winning the league. They want top four and as far as the group stages in the CL, without spending any new money on players, or at least that's what they wanted this season - if they replace Rafa, they'll try to find someone to do a maintainance job for a few seasons until they can either get out with a profit, or borrow to fund the stadium.

I reckon they'd try to get Allardyce.

I posted about this in one of the many Rafa threads - if he goes, there is no incentive for our owners to pay out for a manager of league-winning quality because their plans for the immediate future don't involve winning the league. They want top four and as far as the group stages in the CL, without spending any new money on players, or at least that's what they wanted this season - if they replace Rafa, they'll try to find someone to do a maintainance job for a few seasons until they can either get out with a profit, or borrow to fund the stadium.

I reckon they'd try to get Allardyce.

That's not a solid hypothesis though. How do you define and idnetify someone other than benitez as a manager who'll guarantee us finishing 3rd or 4th?

What a horrible cunt he really is, it seems like he's waited till Rafa is at his lowest and weakest point in his lfc career and then when on the attack, I'm no fan of Rafa but I wouldn't want this twat within a hundred mile of the club.

Id prefer Rafa to stay as manager rather than having Klinnsmann as our manager and thats saying a lot comming from me.

It's not just about their choice, should they be able to agree on the decision but the cost involved. They may agree but even then do we actually have the money to go in for anyone worth getting rd of Benitez for?

Hicks and Gillette have been busy selling stuff on Ebay but how much is earmarked for LFC is another matter and unless I see any signs that they plan on Mourinho or anyone else who is better than what we have and are willing to fund it then I won't be advocating getting rid.

-How can any true fan of LFC give them their backing to make such a decison?

If Rafa were to go before the end of the season, sorting out something similar to what Chelsea did with Hiddink last year would work. Have him in charge until the end of the season to stabilise the club on the playing side of things while looking for the next manager or perhaps waiting for him to become available.

Hitzfeld is a good shout but he couldnt do both and the Swiss would want money.

I think Coops right, we'll end up someone who's jobless at the minute.

Isnt Hitsfeld about 68 though? Age is no barrier true but I just wonder if he'd be up to the job if I have got his age right.

Its by no means certain we'd go for some one unemployed. As someone has mentioned Martinez may be a consideration (not mine at this point) as could someone else.

Guest Pistonbroke
Should we 'share' our manager anyway? We are LFC after all, the Swiss aren't going to win the world cup are they. Not against Hitzfeild though, he would be expected to quit that job first as I think is reasonable.

I#d rather have Felix Magarth myself.

Guest Pistonbroke
Hitzfeld is a good shout but he couldnt do both and the Swiss would want money.

I think Coops right, we'll end up someone who's jobless at the minute.

I've just lost me job. Love the club but unfortunately i have no experience in management unless an under 11 team counts. Plus i was sacked for being shite. But i did say i loved the club and i had fuck all money to spend.