You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

first he says 'success isnt about winning trophies'

now he's quoting our song.......

Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press. "Are you the best man for the job?" the Liverpool boss was asked, prompting the Spaniard to remark: "When you walk through a storm, you have to hold your head up high."

i cringed when i read that,its like he's morphing into houlier before our very eyes

amazing how people can be swayed by a sound bite

Rafa: "When you walk through a storm, you have to hold your head up high"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you should start a thread about what a prick he is. I love seeing those sorts of threads on Liverpool forums like this one. It makes me so proud to see countless topics all having a pop rather than showing support.

I might fix up a spy camera in his lavvy in Lyon, see if he takes a shit all wrong, and then I can come on here and lay into him for leaving skids.

Rafa Benitez has been speaking to the press. "Are you the best man for the job?" the Liverpool boss was asked, prompting the Spaniard to remark: "When you walk through a storm, you have to hold your head up high."

i cringed when i read that,its like he's morphing into houlier before our very eyes

For fucks sake.

Any excuse to have a pop at him?

It's a class song and the words ring true to his situation, yes a little cheesy but so what. He's probably said it with a smile on his face

Unnecessary dig, and fuck off with the Houllier shit. Houllier was a very unwell fella who sat mumbling to himself. Benitez making bad signings and upsetting a few players is way off that

"Are you the best man for the job?"

What sort of a fucking twat of a question is that? What's he supposed to say, "No, I'm not, I'm a fat spanish waiter, Phil Brown's better than me, but the best man for the job would probably be one of the fucking tards who've had their mouths open all week. Perhaps Ronnie Whelan should take over, with Stan Collymore as his assistant, and Ray Houghton can be the squeaky teaboy? Or maybe you'd like to do it, you carpet-tied fuck."

Seriously, these people are PAID for this. He may aswell have asked if he was Spanish.

Guest ShoePiss

It's beyond a joke the amount of digs people are getting in on Rafa now. There's a lot on here so it's not worth bothering with, time for a break.

It amazes me that people think that the latter days of a manager's reign will happen in exactly the same manner that Ged's did; that history will repeat itself perfectly. I'm sure other managers have been sacked acting and behaving in different ways.

You have to admit, it was pretty cringeworthy.

Its 100% boil worthy.

I said in the other thread, if Houllier had of said it he'd be laughed at.

One question boys - how low are you prepared to go? Because it seems to me there is no basement to some of the shit normally reasonable people are prepared to hand out at the moment. And for the avoidance of doubt OST, I'm not including you in the definition of normally reasonable.

One question boys - how low are you prepared to go? Because it seems to me there is no basement to some of the shit normally reasonable people are prepared to hand out at the moment.

Amazing, isn't it? That's pretty much exactly what I've been thinking since Saturday, and very much so with regards to this forum. I've never seen anything like it.

It's beyond a joke the amount of digs people are getting in on Rafa now. There's a lot on here so it's not worth bothering with, time for a break.

What knocks me sick,is that these people profess to Supporting the Club,all the want to do is have sly digs like kids in the playground.

You have to admit, it was pretty cringeworthy.

I hide my face in shame whenever our fans use the same line - every game, home and away. Sometimes they use it several times throughout a game. How sad are they? Rafa will be saying he loves the club next and that he's proud of being associated with it. Makes you wonder what the game's coming to when the manager of a club whose anthem is all about fortitude in adversity quotes from that very song, especially whe he's addressing a fucking dickhead, cunt, shithouse, toerag, turd, journalist. I mean, it's not like it's a matter of life and death, is it?

I hide my face in shame whenever our fans use the same line - every game, home and away. Sometimes they use it several times throughout a game. How sad are they? Rafa will be saying he loves the club next and that he's proud of being associated with it. Makes you wonder what the game's coming to when the manager of a club whose anthem is all about fortitude in adversity quotes from that very song, especially whe he's addressing a fucking dickhead, cunt, shithouse, toerag, turd, journalist. I mean, it's not like it's a matter of life and death, is it?

bullseye.jpg

It sounds cringeworthy..

but..

Its our song and I dont think he is the sort man that says that just to try and get attention and get the fans...

I think he has seen enough and knows enough about the club to know that that phrase isnt there to be threw about lightly...

In rafa I trust

Depends on what you think of him I suppose, the only ones whining so far are the ones who don't really need an excuse to have a go really.

One question boys - how low are you prepared to go? Because it seems to me there is no basement to some of the shit normally reasonable people are prepared to hand out at the moment. And for the avoidance of doubt OST, I'm not including you in the definition of normally reasonable.

It doesn't matter that Rafa said it. If Carragher said it, I would still cringe. If Torres had said it, I probably would zip back up.

It's a fucking cringeworthy response regardless of who says it... because it's Rafa doesn't make it more cringeworthy.

Had he responded differently, and I admired it... I'm man enough to give him credit for it.

Are you man enough to admit that it's a fucking cheesy response? It really was...