You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gotta love Nando

mht1892

The thing that really strikes me about Torres whenever I see or read an interview with him is that he seems to be a very intelligent lad. He's one of the few modern day players (Carra would be another) that doesn't just talk about his own game but seems to have a real grasp of the wider context of a football club and it's place within the community.

There was an interview posted up on here a while back (over a year ago) in which he was talking about his time at Atletico - he was referring to the differences between Atletico and Real, about how Atletico has traditionally been seen as the working man's club and is much more rooted in the daily life of it's supporters and so on. I was really struck by how articulate he was, it was a long way away from the monosyllabic dross that is the stock in trade of many a football interview, also that he had the kind of insight I'd expect from an old pro coming up to retirement, not a kid in his early twenties.

He's perfect in every way really, I fucking love him.

Must admit I'd a nose on a couple of manc forums post last Sundays game, and to be fair both (Red Cafe and issue) had threads going about Torres. Many were waxing lyrical about how they should've bid for Torres etc.

And then of course a few of the less bitter manc hands put the others straight. They were in for him for 3yrs on the trot but the boy just wanted to go to Liverpool.

Sometimes theres not much you can do about it.

So fuck off manc bastards.

Gotta loves scampi. Fookin' boss. If only the undead had some lemon and beer battered chips it would be an even better experience. The undead dog can fook right off though if it thinks sitting alongside the Count on the couch means it will get any. It can have the crumbs. No more. The long lord limb of Liverpool though would share it with Nando.

The thing that really strikes me about Torres whenever I see or read an interview with him is that he seems to be a very intelligent lad. He's one of the few modern day players (Carra would be another) that doesn't just talk about his own game but seems to have a real grasp of the wider context of a football club and it's place within the community.

There was an interview posted up on here a while back (over a year ago) in which he was talking about his time at Atletico - he was referring to the differences between Atletico and Real, about how Atletico has traditionally been seen as the working man's club and is much more rooted in the daily life of it's supporters and so on. I was really struck by how articulate he was, it was a long way away from the monosyllabic dross that is the stock in trade of many a football interview, also that he had the kind of insight I'd expect from an old pro coming up to retirement, not a kid in his early twenties.

He's perfect in every way really, I fucking love him.

I mentioned it the other day, but his English is noticeably more fluent this season. His accent is remains strong as fuck, which is why interviewers still tend to do the "shouty Englishman to a foreigner" style of questioning, but he's pretty much grammatically and even idiomatically fluent after only two years. That suggests someone who has immersed himself in the life and culture of the city, rather than just build a little Spanish enclave for himself and the other Spaniards at the club. Bodes well for his long-term association with us.

This may seem odd of me to say, but I really hope he gets the opportunity to go back to Atletico Madrid down the line, and in some capacity, lead them to success. For one, it'd be great to see them topple the giants of La Liga, if even for one year, and you just know it'd mean the world to him. After all the joy he's given us, and will continue to give us, he deserves to give be able to give some joy to his home club in the end.