You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Froch, Kessler, Abrahams, Dirrell, Taylor, Ward

JMARKH

Well put Tom, another reason to hate those shower of cunts, Sky. It's not just boxing they've taken away from the public either. I'm hoping the internet age gives people the chance to pursue watching sport for free again and makes serious inroads into cunting Sky's profits. Doubt it though unfortunately.

Apparently the Ashes are coming back to terrestrial television but I wouldn't hold out much hope for boxing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine paying for the first Khan fight that was on sky, he got knocked out in a minute!! Glad I watched that on a stream, the only time I will pay is if a few mates are watching the fight as well and we all throw in, otherwise I'll just go for the streams and hope they don't freeze during fight.

I did this mistake with the some of the Tyson fights. Never again.

Andre Dirrell failed to make weight at the first time of asking ahead of this weekend's clash with WBC super-middleweight champion Carl Froch.

Nottingham's Froch came in one pound under the 168lb limit, but Dirrell was given two hours from approximately 1725 BST to lose four ounces.

The two are due to meet at Nottingham's Trent FM Arena in the early hours of Sunday morning.

If Dirrell fails to make weight, Froch's belt will not be up for grabs.

Don't agree with Froch's comments here, Benn would have knocked him clean out if he displayed the same defence he did against Jermaine Taylor.

CARL FROCH wishes he had been born 20 years earlier because it would have meant beatings for ring legends Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns and Sugar Ray Leonard.

You might think the WBC super-middleweight champion has taken too many shots with such wild boasts, but the outspoken boxer isn't around to win popularity contests.

Froch, 32, said: "Top fighters at top level can fight each other 10 times and it isn't going to be 10-0 to one man. I would have been in the mix with Hagler, Hearns and Leonard. Hagler was a fighter and a brawler and I can do that, but I can also box, use my range and boxing skills.

"I'd have not quite done a Sugar Ray Leonard on him but done half a Leonard and half a Hearns. It would have been a mixture of the two.

"I have a better chin than Hearns and I have got some of Leonard's skills. Domestically, Chris Eubank was skilful but crude. Nigel Benn was just a brawler, Steve Collins was just a tough brawler. I don't consider them to have been that hot and I could have beaten all three.

"I would have been a massive superstar in that era."

Nottingham's Froch, unbeaten in all 25 fights, believes he will finally get recognition if he wins the £30million Super Six World Boxing Classic.

He must win five fights inside the next 18 months against rivals including Mikkel Kessler and Arthur Abraham to be crowned king.

The Cobra's first fight in the event to discover the world's top 12-stoner is against the American Andre Dirrell at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham on Saturday. That's followed by Kessler in Copenhagen next March, and Abraham in Britain. The other contestants are Jermain Taylor and Andre Ward.

Each boxer will have three bouts against different opponents in the group stage. A win will be worth two points with one point bonus for a KO or stoppage. A draw will be worth one point.

The top four will go into the semi-finals, where the points leader will box the fourth-placed fighter.

Us and the ringside stars.

i still cant belive this isnt on proper Tv

im not Frochs`biggest fan, but surely a fight of this magnitude deserves to be on sky or even Espn

You're contradicting yourself there, proper TV would constitute being on terrestrial television.

You're contradicting yourself there, proper TV would constitute being on terrestrial television.

you know what i mean, this channel its on is only on the sky package, and its not actually a channel, its a one off thing

why didnt ITV get this, they had his title fight against Pascal, showtime wanting too much money for the rights perhaps?

I dislike Froch immensely, his face irks me. He was a classless fucker when trying to call Joe Calzaghe out, he knew that Joe would not accept the challenge as he was retiring and wanted the big payday fights in the US. Personally I feel Joe would have destroyed him.

I hope he gets fucking battered tonight and I hope Joe can step up to the plate in strictly and dances like the handsome Welsh wizard bastard he is. Come on Joe, stop thinking about slipping 1 in to that sexy minx your dancing with and go kevin Bacon on their ass.. Pob lwc Joe and fuck you Froch, I hope you slip and break your hip.

The fights are on in England and Germany so they'll be decent times, i'd imagine around 10pm.

It been organized by showtime though so is American times, I heard an interview with froch on youtube saying he has had to go to bed at 3am to adjust his body clock.