You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A more bizarre news-story

The-Sir

Might as well put this here:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/10/dwarf-handed-crayons-and-colouring-book-as-couple-sat-down-for-romantic-dinner-4900432/

Dwarf handed crayons and colouring book as couple sat down for romantic dinner

D0B63C86-4CE9-4403-8796-F17D28449879_zps

A 3ft 7in dwarf took his fiancee to a restaurant for a romantic meal – and was handed a children’s colouring book and crayons by the waitress when he sat down.

James Lusted, 26, was on a date with his 5ft 7in fiancee, Chloe Roberts, 20, in their native Cardiff when the waitress picked up two menus… and brought over the crayons and a colouring book.

The waitress realised she had made a crucial error when James said, ‘Thank you,’ in a deep, adult voice.

James and his fiancee were good-humoured about the incident – saying it was the highlight of the night.

The couple have been laughing about it ever since.

James said: ‘As I said thank you to the waitress she heard my voice and knew I wasn’t a child.’

‘She immediately put the colouring book behind her back in shock. But I am man enough to see the funny side – I would never take offence.’

The pair plan to marry in 2016.

• Upvote 2

Sugar Ape, on 08 Jan 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/10/dwarf-handed-crayons-and-colouring-book-as-couple-sat-down-for-romantic-dinner-4900432/

A 3ft 7in dwarf took his fiancee to a restaurant for a romantic meal – and was handed a children’s colouring book and crayons by the waitress when he sat down.

James Lusted, 26, was on a date with his 5ft 7in fiancee, Chloe Roberts, 20, in their native Cardiff when the waitress picked up two menus… and brought over the crayons and a colouring book.

The waitress realised she had made a crucial error when James said, ‘Thank you,’ in a deep, adult voice.

James and his fiancee were good-humoured about the incident – saying it was the highlight of the night.

James said: ‘As I said thank you to the waitress she heard my voice and knew I wasn’t a child.’

‘She immediately put the colouring book behind her back in shock. But I am man enough to see the funny side – I would never take offence.’

The linked stories are just as funny

MORE: Man discovers wife’s hen night dwarf stripper affair after first child is born – with dwarfism

MORE: Man pooed on council office floor in protest at ‘dwarf discrimination’

I'd have handed him a copy of Razzle and a box of kleenex and told him to stop taking the piss.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...