You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calum Davenport serious after stabbing

Strontium

Stabbed in the legs at home, his mother was stabbed too. Blimey.

West Ham's Davenport suffers serious injuries in stabbing | Football | Reuters

LONDON, Aug 22 (Reuters) - West Ham United defender Calum Davenport underwent surgery for serious injuries on Saturday after being stabbed on Friday night, the Premier League club said.

The 26-year-old centre back and his mother both received stab wounds at home in Bedford late on Friday evening, the club said in a statement on their website (West Ham United | Home | |).

Davenport’s mother is recovering while the West Ham player’s injuries were described as serious by doctors.

“The club’s medical team are in contact with hospital staff,” the club said, adding that “due to the ongoing police investigation, no further information will be released at this time.”

I hear a 19 year old man has been arrested in connection. Wonder what's gone on there.

It's bound to be over some bird.

Without wanting to sound like a bluenose taxi driver, isn't there a rumour that Lescott's leg injury whilst at Wolves which kept him out for a season was inflicted because he'd been seeing some local gangster's bird or daughter?

Stabbed in the legs at home, his mother was stabbed too. Blimey.

West Ham's Davenport suffers serious injuries in stabbing | Football | Reuters

I hear a 19 year old man has been arrested in connection. Wonder what's gone on there.

Well that's my theory out of the window, Lucas Neill is 31.

It does sound like someone is aware of who is he in view of the leg stabbing, lucky they didn't hit a major artery down there or he'd probably have died from loss of blood. Stabbing his mum is fucking low as well. If it is football related, that's taking things too far by several orders of magnitude.

It's bound to be over some bird.

Without wanting to sound like a bluenose taxi driver, isn't there a rumour that Lescott's leg injury whilst at Wolves which kept him out for a season was inflicted because he'd been seeing some local gangster's bird or daughter?

The season Wolves got promoted to the Premiership a few years ago that was, kept him out for the whole season. Was'nt just Lescott who got done over by the Gangsters though, they had a young keeper at the time called Murray i think, who took most of the damage, and he has hardly played since.

Debt/drug related? This sounds like some serious shit to me. A clear attempt to end his career.

It's certainly possible but the severity of the attack and how his Mum has been stabbed too, suggests to me that the person who committed this act wanted to destroy Davenport's life and, I doubt they would do that over some money for drugs. Sure, they'd hurt him but I'm unsure if they'd hurt his Ma too. This attack was perpertrated by somebody so consumed with hatred that they've tried to end his career and seriously hurt/kill his Mum. It's an act of pure spite which is why I think it might be about a lady.

Report on BBC suggests that neighbours heard a loud argument in the street & that one of the attackers had a strong Caribbean accent. The picture of the street seems very modest & not like a footballer's gaff so not sure if it happened at his mum's house.

Extremely strange