You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

transfer listed?

JoeyKop

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very bad reports doing the rounds regarding his attitude and his failure to stay fit.

I've heard that from City fans at work, that he basically started believing his headlines and neglected to put in the effort that got him those positive comments in the first place.

I have to admit that I thought he was a little over-hyped when all that "next Steven Gerrard" stuff was doing the rounds, although he certainly did look a prospect. Probably still could be if he gets his finger out.

In some ways, it would possibly help him to go to a larger club - at a club like City, it's easy to see how a young player with his talent could end up being a bit of a Billy Big Bollocks whereas at LFC, for example, there's no way he'd be allowed to get away with that shit.

The one I'd still have from their squad tomorrow is Richards. He's hardly been pulling up any trees this season either but with the likes of Carra and Sami to mentor him, I honestly believe Rafa could turn that lad into a world beater - he's got all the attributes, he just needs to learn when and how to use them.

Guest Dog Chaser

Micah Richards is carrying too much weight at the moment and he is prone to concentration lapses. Agree with RoboRiise that he is the only player i would take off their hands, massive potential that lad

Elano would be a good signing ONLY if Vic Reeves gets to read his name out when they announce the teams.

Hahahaha. From now on that is the only way I am going to say his name. Along with Onyewu who was at Newcastle.

Guest Dog Chaser
It's like The Nutty Professor in reverse. Richards was Buddy Love and has turned into Sherman Klump.

Richards keeping fit with Man City ladies

co2.jpg

Micah Richards has never been an amazing defender. He's pretty raw, but he has such phenomenal physical attributes he could dig himself out of trouble with a lung bursting sprint chase if he fucked up. He's definitely looked a yard off the pace this season - but then again he's been injured quite frequently which could have made a difference. He's ridiculously highly rated though, so his price tag is going to be obscene.

I've heard a few of the Michael "George Best" Johnson rumours doing the rounds in Manchester. According to some more reliable sources, there's definitely some truth in there although again, injuries have definitely not helped. If the price was right, I'd take him in a shot. He's a very different central midfielder to what we have at the moment and I could see him blossoming into a Gerrard-esque attacking midfielder: a guy who's game combines the physical with the technical. I'd agree with RoboRiise though - I think he struggles being a self and media appointed big fish in a small pond. Maybe a move upwards would help him.

Guest Dog Chaser
Micah Richards has never been an amazing defender. He's pretty raw, but he has such phenomenal physical attributes he could dig himself out of trouble with a lung bursting sprint chase if he fucked up. He's definitely looked a yard off the pace this season - but then again he's been injured quite frequently which could have made a difference. He's ridiculously highly rated though, so his price tag is going to be obscene.

Thats modern football for you. Athleticism first football ability second

Johnson will sign for Everton i reckon and make a pretty decent partnership with Screech Powers.

Can't stand Micah Richards. He's a thick, bigheaded, arrogant twat. He has all the maings of becoming a class player but his attitude could hold him back. He's a better right back too as he's not good enough positionally to play centrally IMO

Yeah, Micah does strike me as a player very similar to Sergio Ramos in terms of athleticism and potential. Difference being, Ramos has fulfilled his potential and I'd put that down to attitude.

But blow me, Micah's still only 20? He's got a way to go yet. Here's hoping for him.

Manchester City include Michael Johnson in deal to sign Scott Parker - Times Online

Scott Parker? All this for Scott fucking Parker? Selling one of the best young English players for a journeyman. And getting Bellamy on top of that. I'd bite their hands off if I was West Ham.

The fact that Man City are willing to unload him for a known and arguably lesser (potential) quality says a lot. Maybe those whispers are true.