You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If David Moores is a fundementally decent human being....

TheDrowningMan

...surely he wouldn't mind bolstering any potential bid to take our club away from these heinous individuals by, ohh, £30m, perhaps £40m or so, even if he gets nothing but the offer to retain his 'life presidency' for it?

Or is that sort of kindness - no, scratch that....is the sort of behavour befitting *any* half-decent human being with his resources beyond the man who sold us up the river in the first place?

I wouldnt want Moores to give these fuckers any money.

The time for gestures like this would be after these fuckers have gone.

I would think a lot more of Mr Moores if he donated £30m on behalf of the Fans of Liverpool Football Club to say the Macmillian Trust or The Roy Castle Cancer Trust or Alder Hey or other worthwile courses that would be a far better home for his 30m than some European so called superstar

This Club will go on long after the owners have gone with or without Mr Moores Cash

If anything Moores should just go. Clean break.

He was 17 years as chairman and we didn't win the league for 17 years.

Coincidence? Possibly, but unlikely.

We were the leading club in England by a mile in 1991 - what a legacy to leave. Can't beleive he is not more villified than he is.

We were the leading club in England by a mile in 1991 - what a legacy to leave. Can't beleive he is not more villified than he is.

I could never vilify the guy to be honest. That would be harsh. Despite his faults, some of his decisions, and his incompetence in certain areas I still genuinly believe that he has always had Liverpool Football Club in his heart.

We've all had jobs we've not been any good at (well I havent' of course, I've been FUCKING INCREDIBLE at everything I've ever done!) but that doesn't make us twats and it doesn't have to get personal.

All this Shit about Moores comming out now is Bolloxs the man loved the club he tried his best if that wasnt good enough then so be it

To turn around now and start to pour out all this hate towards him is fucking stupid in the extream he made a mistake in selling to two clowns and that is it as far as im concerned what they have gone on to do he could never have known

Anyone who says the man didnt love the club is a fool and when the true story of what has gone on these past 2 years is written we might just have to thank him ?

All this Shit about Moores comming out now is Bolloxs the man loved the club he tried his best if that wasnt good enough then so be it

To turn around now and start to pour out all this hate towards him is fucking stupid in the extream he made a mistake in selling to two clowns and that is it as far as im concerned what they have gone on to do he could never have known

Anyone who says the man didnt love the club is a fool and when the true story of what has gone on these past 2 years is written we might just have to thank him ?

He does love the club but he should have looked into their background before selling to them. All it would have taken him is five minutes on google to see what these two are like. If he had done that then he would have known from their past behaviour that they were wrong for Liverpool.

The thing is though. Everyone could see that hicks and Gillette did not have the weatlh to take us forward. If you go back to the takeover thread you can see how all the fans were saying NO.

He loves the club. Thats a fact. But the decision he made to sell to these two. Could destroy the club thats why everyones critcising him.

At the time of the takeover/sale there wasnt the outcry of no against these two

I never wanted them but when the deal was done i gave them the benefit of the doubt and they have been shown to be all i feared but as i say i didnt see the mass demos in the street against these two

If People can sit back and blame Moorse then they also have to sit back and take a good hard look at themselfs for they also let this happen

Well he was the heir to the Littlewoods empire, which was sold off for £750m, so I reckon he could definitely have put more of his own cash in down the years. But then again, would you?

No he wasnt. He was a very small bit part player in the littlewoods empire.

Moores was one of the worst chairman in football history. He presided over our fall from the top and consistently refused to look at other options open to him to bring new investment into the club.

All this rawk inspired bollocks of him only doing what was right for the club was blown clean out of the water when he dumped DIC to the current owners all for a few more greenbacks.

If anyone wants to point the finger at who is responsible for the current mess, look no further than moore albeit abetted by parry. Moores lived on a reputation based on being one of the littlewoods family. He couldnt run a corner shop never mind an institution such as Liverpool FC. Just why do his supporters think he brought parry in ffs!?

At the time of the takeover/sale there wasnt the outcry of no against these two

I never wanted them but when the deal was done i gave them the benefit of the doubt and they have been shown to be all i feared but as i say i didnt see the mass demos in the street against these two

If People can sit back and blame Moorse then they also have to sit back and take a good hard look at themselfs for they also let this happen

You mean like the rushian inspire rawk muppets who were more concerned at the club being sold for its 'true' value rather than who was buying the club, how much money they were having to borrow to make the purchase etc?

FFS gillet couldnt afford to buy the club on his own and had to bring hicks on board to do it! Dont say that didnt ring alarm bells to some of us with a bit of financial accumen because it did.