You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

where can I get this bonkers 4 hour version?

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition Box Set DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen, Alan Howard, Noel Appleby, Sean Astin, Sala Baker, Sean Bean, Cate Blanchett, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd, Marton Csokas, Peter Jackso

Have a look there Tom. The box set is fantastic. Each of the three films are around 4 hours long and there are some excellent documentary films as well.

inglourious basterds

Not what I expected and although very very well done I am a little disappointed.

I will watch it again and I am sure it will be better second go.

Acting (inc Pitt) top draw, screenplay, dialogue fantastic. I suppose I was waiting for the Tarrantino plot flip which never really happened in a big way.

Would recommend it without going overboard.

A quality film but no Pulp Fiction.

8.786 dead Nazis out of 10

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A quality film but no Pulp Fiction.

I don't think it was ever intended to be, which is a refreshing change. He's never going to better Pulp Fiction, so he needs to stop trying. In this effort, I think he changed it up a bit.

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button 4/10. Very well made and very pretty to look at, but utterly dull. It's the boring story of a boring man's boring life. Once you get past the interesting concept of a man who gets younger, there's nothing to the story - it's incidental to the rest of the (non-)plot. One or two interesting philosophical questions are asked towards the end, and you can't fault the production, but the film is two-and-a-half hours long which is at least an hour too much. Disappointing.

I don't think it was ever intended to be, which is a refreshing change. He's never going to better Pulp Fiction, so he needs to stop trying. In this effort, I think he changed it up a bit.

I totally agree NN.

However great directors are always measured by their finest work. Truly great directors surpass it or get close.

I think Tarrantino is exceptional but has made some guff. This is up with The Jackie browns.

Watched two films tonight and enjoyed them both being a horror buff.

First off was Paranormal Activity. 9/10. Not a gorefest like most horror films nowadays but one you can't keep your eyes off due to the suspenseful nature of it as it becomes more menacing as the film progresses. One of those films that plays on your mind and is one of the best horrors I have seen in a long time. Can someone please tell me that wasn't a true story and it was just a story pretending to be a true story? Please?

Saw 6. 7.5/10. Saw films are always good for gore and the odd twist and this one went back to the basics of the first two or three movies with an actual storyline behind it apart from the usual blood and guts with the subject of health insurance premiums which I never would have associated with a Saw movie at all. Good fun to watch if intestines being spilled are your thing.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 8 Derringer's out of 10

This film is still ace. The dialogue is snappy, and funny, and the characters are likeable. I was still laughing pretty hard after strings of dialogue, despite knowing that they are coming.

The Russian roulette scene cracks me up every time I watch it. And I agree about the dialogue: "You don't get it, do you? This isn't "good cop, bad cop." This is fag and New Yorker. You're in a lot of trouble."

Just back from seeing Paranormal Activity. First time in years I have been genuinely frightened watching a film. Fuck me that was scary. Loved the guy in it too, Micah, he was class and really funny. But fucking hell what a well made film. The effects were incredible considering it had a tiny budget. The characters really felt real, they were incredibly believable. In terms of scary movies I would put it right up there with anything thats been made in probably the last 10-15 years.

8 holy fuck I just shat myself's/ 10

I loved Inglourious Basterds. Maybe not quite up there with Pulp Fiction but few films are. It's a return to form from Tarantino after almost completely disappearing up his own arsehole.

Completely disagree, Kill Bill was miles better. Inglorious Basterds is easily his worst film to date. Self indulgent writing, painfully slow pacing, this movie is all about Tarantino's overworked screenplay and just spits in the face of the audience. I could honestly not believe he expected me to sit there and watch the 5th endless tangential dialogue scene where everyone's tensely sitting around a table. Give me a fucking break.

Also recycling his music directly from his previous film? Feels like a rough cut.

2/10

The Russian roulette scene cracks me up every time I watch it. And I agree about the dialogue: "You don't get it, do you? This isn't "good cop, bad cop." This is fag and New Yorker. You're in a lot of trouble."

"You know what I'd find if I looked up idiot in the dictionary?"

"A picture of me?"

"No! A definition of the word idiot, which you clearly are!"