You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Caveat being I'm a bit of a Marvel fan boy.

If you don't like superhero movies, you'll probably hate it.

But if that's the case, fuck you - you have no joy in your life...

This. Loved the film but can see why a non-fan wouldn't.

The Departed.

Sure I saw it years ago but watched it and had no memory of it.

Scorsese by numbers but still enjoyed it. DiCaprio was good as he usually is. Bit soppy in places and the worst bits were all Ray Winston. Not sure what accent that was meant to be. Irish/Cockney/Boston.

6.8/10

Special K. Negged for liking The Greatest Showman. Well you will be when off my phone.

The Departed.

Scorsese by numbers but still enjoyed it. DiCaprio was good as he usually is. Bit soppy in places and the worst bits were all Ray Winston. Not sure what accent that was meant to be. Irish/Cockney/Boston.

6.8/10

Special K. Negged for liking The Greatest Showman. Well you will be when off my phone.

The Departed is fucking brilliant, you'll enjoy it more in repeat viewings.

The Departed.

6.8/10

Neg away

Me and the family loved it. Nothing wrong with a bit of fluff with catchy songs now and again!

Infinity war - very good. Not a wasted scene in this. Genuine humour that fits the scene. Not like the forced shite in the Star Wars crap.

Went over to the Vue in Birkenhead. £7 each for the VIP tickets. 2D version and not imax like, but better than watching that 3D shite that you have to watch in the dark and the screens more than big enough so you’re not blowing extra dough that can be spent on the amazing strawberry milkshakes and a big box of popcorn.

Go and see it soon before the arseholes spoil it. I saw some tit post something on Reddit yesterday morning that couldn’t be avoided and it turned out to be true.

8/10

Infinity War..twas good fun. I am not a huge fan of superhero movies (too many lately have killed my appetite).  This was well crafted and did not suffer from the problem of too many characters.

Thanos was not that scary. But CGI villains rarely are. Plus I had some sympathy for his opinions. Although I assume that he has never heard of contraception as a method of solving the Malthusian problem.

8/10

Infinity War. I came out of the cinema giving it an 8/10. Gave it a thought overnight and changed it to 6/10

It's fantastically entertaining but ultimately hollow

Hollow?

Hollow???

Cannot get my head round that. There’s no way to rebut such a point without spoilers, but no way in the world was that hollow. In fact it’s one of the most emotionally charged blockbusters I’ve ever seen!

• Upvote 1

Infinity war - very good. Not a wasted scene in this. Genuine humour that fits the scene. Not like the forced shite in the Star Wars crap.

Went over to the Vue in Birkenhead. £7 each for the VIP tickets. 2D version and not imax like, but better than watching that 3D shite that you have to watch in the dark and the screens more than big enough so you’re not blowing extra dough that can be spent on the amazing strawberry milkshakes and a big box of popcorn.

Go and see it soon before the arseholes spoil it. I saw some tit post something on Reddit yesterday morning that couldn’t be avoided and it turned out to be true.

8/10

We went to The Light in New Brighton. £25.50 for four of us on the opening weekend. The Odeon in Liverpool One would be more than double.

I’m going for a cautious 9/10, but I’ll see it again in the next couple of weeks and I expect it to get better with repeat viewings like all the Russo Marvels.

Infinity War: wow!!!

Post-credits sequence: double wow!!!

Hollow?

Hollow???

Cannot get my head round that. There’s no way to rebut such a point without spoilers, but no way in the world was that hollow. In fact it’s one of the most emotionally charged blockbusters I’ve ever seen!

Was about to post the same. Infinity War is what a summer blockbuster should be. Thanos was brilliantly realised too. It's a 9/10 all day long, right alongside Winter Soldier as the best Marvel movie to date.

What marvel films do I need to have seen for infinity war to make sense?

I've seen:

Avengers Assemble

The Thor films

First Iron Man

Winter soldier

First Gaurdians of the galaxy

Civil War

I'd say watch the second Guardians and Black Panther. Iron Man 3, Spiderman Homecoming and I think Dr Strange is probably the least you need to get into Infinity War without wondering who is who.