You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Child 44 - 2/10. Fucking laughably bad. And I mean that literally, I had to stop myself from laughing my head off at certain points.

Age Of Ultron - 7/10. Perfectly sound, even though it's basically the same film as the first one, and is also a two hour set up for the next few Marvel films.

Frankenstein's Army. Daft horror about the nazis making soldiers out of dead people. You'll have to take my word for it being more entertaining than I thought it would be. More than a splash of black humour and a couple of genuinely horrific bits. I've watched a lot worse horror than this. Go on, watch it.

Coherence - decent little sci-fi thriller about a close passing comet altering the state of reality for a group of friends having a dinner party. The blonde bird in it is pretty fucking special an all. Eight glow sticks.

The Guest - very funny dark comedy / action thriller about a seemingly normal war vet visiting the family of a dead comrade. Utterly absurd in parts but with the self awareness to pull it off. Some fucking class lines, too. Eight cafe grenades.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it. I might even go the cinema and see it again & it'll be a definite DVD purchase. It has lots of stand out moments and is excellently made.

Less could have been more in places.

You might be right. Some more build up to big scenes and a bit more character development for example might have made it better. I gave it 9 out of 10, maybe it would've got slightly more had that been the case and it was done well enough.

Age of Ultron - 5/10

It was just a rehash of the first one without the cheer/laugh out loud moments. As has been said earlier, Marvel REALLY need to find a new way to end their films beyond huge battles in the sky.

And it desperately missed Loki

Maybe I'm just getting superhero movie fatigue. I certainly won't be going to see Ant Man

Just seen the new Avengers movie and it was boss. I love the way it maintains the action levels of the first one whilst also taking the established characters places and introducing new ones. The clear on-going story lines from movie to movie are ace too and this is now my second favourite Marvel movie after Winter Soldier. Proper blockbuster stuff this; what cinemas are made for. 8/10.

If you're not into superhero action films there's not a lot going on at the moment is there. I literally go on Showbox or Movietube now and struggle to find anything I am interested in.

I need to come up with a lost of films that have passed me by over the years and start filling the gaps.

• Upvote 2

Jupiter Ascending - 1/10

More like Jupiter fell flat on its face, would of been a more apt title.

Apart from Mila Kunas who looked hot hot hot, in some scenes - a total pile of shite and Sean 'Az frum yorksha' Bean, can fuck right off. What a wank choice. The casting for this film(bar Mila and Redmayne) is nearly as bad as the film itself. Having said that, Eddie Redmayne was quite dark, but to get twatted by Mila is a massive no-no. 

The people who thought this one up want shooting. 

Jupiter Ascending - 1/10

More like Jupiter fell flat on its face, would of been a more apt title.

Apart from Mila Kunas who looked hot hot hot, in some scenes - a total pile of shite and Sean 'Az frum yorksha' Bean, can fuck right off. What a wank choice. The casting for this film(bar Mila and Redmayne) is nearly as bad as the film itself. Having said that, Eddie Redmayne was quite dark, but to get twatted by Mila is a massive no-no. 

The people who thought this one up want shooting. 

Not sure their's been a director(s) who has burst on the scene with a really good film and then lived on that one film and been given free reign and money to make turgid shit as much as the Wachowski's.

They make Bound and the Matrix, then  it all goes horribly wrong with Matrix 2 and 3, Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending.

(i'm tempted to say M. Night Shyamalamalamalamalan but at least his films after 6th Sense and Unbreakable were relatively low budget in comparison to the wachowski's).

Not sure their's been a director(s) who has burst on the scene with a really good film and then lived on that one film and been given free reign and money to make turgid shit as much as the Wachowski's.

They make Bound and the Matrix, then it all goes horribly wrong with Matrix 2 and 3, Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending.

Yes, they are turd aren't they. V For Vendetta was sort of Ok but everything else they've done, despite being visually ace, has been poor.

What we do in the shadows - 8/10

A low budget fake documentary might have many people reaching for the off button even before it starts but if you like a comedy you might want to try it. I certainly found myself laughing throughout the movie. Not much of a plot just of a lot of deadpan style humour as a film crew follow four vampires who house share in New ZeaIand. If you like Flight of the Concords you will recognize some of the faces. 

• Upvote 2

They make Bound and the Matrix, then  it all goes horribly wrong with Matrix 2 and 3, Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending.

(i'm tempted to say M. Night Shyamalamalamalamalan but at least his films after 6th Sense and Unbreakable were relatively low budget in comparison to the wachowski's).

I really enjoyed Cloud Atlas.

• Upvote 1

Silver Linings Playbook - gonna have to go for 9.7

I fucking loved it. With shades of Little Miss Sunshine and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest it's just fucking brilliant. Laugh out loud funny, relatable in a fashion you wouldn't really like to admit, hopeful and heart-warming. Instantly one of my favourite all time movies and I only watched it because someone on here mentioned it and I thought I'd give it a go. It's got such a shit title I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.