You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

KUYT - I`VE BEEN TOP PERFORMER

Glen C

I know i'm veering off the subject slightly but if i'd been shagging away for 90 minutes without coming and I finally felt I was going to come I wouldn't use tiredness as an excuse if I slipped out and blurted in her eye. Especially not if I was getting paid grands for the privilege. Tired my arse.

If I slipped out and blurted in her eye that would be the equivalent of a hattrick of overhead kicks...from the half-way line

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chance against BR which I most remember was when he got it on the right wing, was free and advanced towards the goal mid way through the second half. DK is the only striker on the pitch for LFC at the time if I remember correctly and typically SG was the only other LFC player who made an attempt to support him. As DK gets to the box there are 5 BR defenders and SG in the box. Inadvertedly I'd say SG confused DK, as he became unsure whether to shoot or pass (as I'd say SG was by no means defo to score from where he was) and in the end Dirk did neither. Not great but not exactly missing an open goal - I definitely think a factor in the outcome was the fact that no other LFC player SG apart could be bothered getting themselves into the box. Note I am not blaming SG here either as at least he got there to support but at times I think our midfielders are too cautious (Rafa's instructions?) compared to say AFC or MUFC and that harms our goal scoring options.

Going back to Dirk - later in the game he did fire well over from a good position too but he was under pressure from a defender at the time and had to rush the shot. Truth is that I do not think he gets into that many 'open goal' type situations as he runs around so much and TBH I think that is how Rafa wants him to play - but I don't. He has got lots of energy and IMO should be using that not to forever be chasing defenders down (altho he should still do that a bit) but rather his main energies should be used to find space behind the defence to give the midfielders good options to pass to. In other words more offensively than defensively.

Originally Posted by Morse

Current standings:

1. Gerrard........................................... .......31 points

2. Mascherano........................................ ....28 points

3. Torres............................................ .......17 points

4. Kuyt.............................................. ........14 points

5. Pennant........................................... ......13 points

6. Benayoun.......................................... ....12 points

7. Reina............................................. .......10 points

8. Voronin........................................... ........6 points

9. Carragher/Finnan.....................................5 points

10.Arbeloa/Sissoko/Hyypia............................4 points

11.Babel/Aurelio........................................... 3 points

12.Alonso/Hobbs/El Zhar/Kewell......................1 point.

Thanks for voting.

Indeed.

Kuyt started off the season pretty well, set up a few, looked dangerous. We go through a bit of a slump at the same time as he's a bit off form and misses a few chances and he's the scapegoat du jour.

He isn't as good as Torres and may not be the "long term answer" but it seems to me that some fans look for any reason to slag off our own players.

Indeed.

Kuyt started off the season pretty well, set up a few, looked dangerous. We go through a bit of a slump at the same time as he's a bit off form and misses a few chances and he's the scapegoat du jour.

He isn't as good as Torres and may not be the "long term answer" but it seems to me that some fans look for any reason to slag off our own players.

Any reason? we bought him to score 20 goals a season in the premiership and from his display this season he won't be achieving that goal. I'm not having a pop it's just he isn't a goal scorer. He drops far too deep most of the time compared to Torres who plays right through the middle.

Any reason? we bought him to score 20 goals a season in the premiership and from his display this season he won't be achieving that goal. I'm not having a pop it's just he isn't a goal scorer. He drops far too deep most of the time compared to Torres who plays right through the middle.

That's a fact, is it?

He was bought to get 20 goals a season without a doubt. These past threads though are particularly funny.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40450&highlight=kuyt

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30381&highlight=kuyt

No, that's what you believe, not 'without doubt'.

If the manager wanted him to do nothing but hang round the box and score goals, then that's what he would be doing. And make no mistake, he would 'without doubt' get more than 20 goals a season.

The simple fact is that he's not being played in that position. Whether you or anyone else likes that or not is a completely different debate.

Edit: The only particularly funny thing in those threads is you wanting to sign Ronaldo. Yet still you don't learn ablut attitude and application.

If the manager wanted him to do nothing but hang round the box and score goals, then that's what he would be doing. And make no mistake, he would 'without doubt' get more than 20 goals a season.

The simple fact is that he's not being played in that position. Whether you or anyone else likes that or not is a completely different debate.

Edit: The only particularly funny thing in those threads is you wanting to sign Ronaldo. Yet still you don't learn ablut attitude and application.

But would he really but. He's far from gifted in polishing off chnaces in the box.

Not particularly strong, not fast, technically poor but a good attitude and work rate. You should be getting more than that for £10M though.

I think if he ran a little less, then when he got the ball, he wouldn't be so utterly knackered that he can't trap it or think what do with it.

And when we come to look in the hall of fame years from now, Kuyt will be named in the same breath as Ronaldo? Only in your world. You haven't yet learned that technique, brains, ability beat attitude and application every time. Your last sentence didn't help your point Owen.

And when we come to look in the hall of fame years from now, Kuyt will be named in the same breath as Ronaldo? Only in your world. You haven't yet learned that technique, brains, ability beat attitude and application every time. Your last sentence didn't help your point Owen.

Did I say that? Stop being so stupid. He was advocating going after a Ronaldo who had looked completely disinterested and past his peak for at least six year. C'mon, would you rather have Ronaldo in the team at the moment. Just because you don't like Kuyt, it doesn't make hime the shittest player to ever play the game.

Again, we're back to the black and white with no grey areas thing. He's either the best in the world or shit. Er, no.

Hahahahaha. You're kidding, right?

Voronin certainly isnt... That leaves Crouch who apart from a great first touch offers nothing which Kuyt doesnt. Kuyt has better movement and is more likely to score in a big game in my opinion. People seem to forget games where Crouch misses chance after chance because he scores a couple of overhead kicks.

Actually I'd rather have Kuyt - Ronaldo's 31 and doesn't wear his advancing years lightly. I was just responding in kind to your facetious remark to Rash, in case you hadn't noticed. I would much have rather had Ronaldo 4 years ago than Kuyt now. I don't know where your blind spot comes from, but technique and ability almost invariably wins out against application and effort. Occasionally, you're right (Wimbledon FA Cup Final etc) but mostly, you' re wrong.

btw, Kuyt isn't shit. He's just no better than an lower table/mid table premiership CF, and not someone we should be employing.

Voronin certainly isnt... That leaves Crouch who apart from a great first touch offers nothing which Kuyt doesnt. Kuyt has better movement and is more likely to score in a big game in my opinion. People seem to forget games where Crouch misses chance after chance because he scores a couple of overhead kicks.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one Liam.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one Liam.

You say Kuyt is no better than a lower or mid table PL CF, well what makes you think Crouch or Voronin are any better? If Crouch, Voronin and Kuyt all left us tomorrow, I am certain Kuyt would end up at the better side.

Actually I'd rather have Kuyt - Ronaldo's 31 and doesn't wear his advancing years lightly. I was just responding in kind to your facetious remark to Rash, in case you hadn't noticed. I would much have rather had Ronaldo 4 years ago than Kuyt now. I don't know where your blind spot comes from, but technique and ability almost invariably wins out against application and effort. Occasionally, you're right (Wimbledon FA Cup Final etc) but mostly, you' re wrong.

Nothing facetious about it. He was being a cock.

And again with the black and white. Yeah, of course, if you had a team of pub players who just ran for the whole 90 minutes against a team of Ronaldos and Berbatovs, there's only be one winner. Rafa's building a team of talented, hungry and hard working players, and Kuyt falls into that category. Whether you like him or not is an irrelevant matter of personal choice, but to say he should be playing for a bottom of the table team is just plain wrong.

He's a good pro alright. I don't think anyone would disagree with that without proof. Why is there a bandwagon? Is there a 'Torres is good' bandwagon? Or a 'Fowler was great' bandwagon? Nope. There are some people who think Kuyt isn't really good enough, and there are some that think the opposite, that's all. It's not a war, and it's certainly not worth falling out with people over.

And having a Spanish name didn't help Josemi much.

Nothing facetious about it. He was being a cock.

And again with the black and white. Yeah, of course, if you had a team of pub players who just ran for the whole 90 minutes against a team of Ronaldos and Berbatovs, there's only be one winner. Rafa's building a team of talented, hungry and hard working players, and Kuyt falls into that category. Whether you like him or not is an irrelevant matter of personal choice, but to say he should be playing for a bottom of the table team is just plain wrong.

I just don't think he's quite as talented as you think he is. And as for me being wrong, let's see when he moves on. I think I said lower/mid table team, not bottom. But who knows?

He's a good pro alright. I don't think anyone would disagree with that without proof. Why is there a bandwagon? Is there a 'Torres is good' bandwagon? Or a 'Fowler was great' bandwagon? Nope. There are some people who think Kuyt isn't really good enough, and there are some that think the opposite, that's all. It's not a war, and it's certainly not worth falling out with people over.

And having a Spanish name didn't help Josemi much.

When Kuyt is crap appears in threads more and more its a growth, a bandwagon. It'll be rotation next.

Being chosen ahead of Van Nistleroy for WC 2006 for Holland means he must be shit.