You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

should Jerzy be back in the team?

Guest hyypiagirl

Guest hyypiagirl

After Reina's repeated mistakes which cost us points , is it time to bring back J. Dudek? Leaving Pepe on the bench will do him and us good!!!

After Reina's repeated mistakes which cost us points , is it time to bring back J. Dudek? Leaving Pepe on the bench will do him and us good!!!

The last mistake he made was against everton, he's been fine the last two games.

so, no.

I reckon Hyypia was more to blame for the free kick to be honest. Reina has made some gaffs but lets not forget he's 23, very young in goalkeeping terms and he will only get better. I personally reckon he is a far better 'keeper than Jerzy. In fact, if Rafa wanted to change a keeper, I'd rather bring back Carson.

I reckon Hyypia was more to blame for the free kick to be honest. Reina has made some gaffs but lets not forget he's 23, very young in goalkeeping terms and he will only get better. I personally reckon he is a far better 'keeper than Jerzy. In fact, if Rafa wanted to change a keeper, I'd rather bring back Carson.

The keeper dived the opposite way to the direction the ball was going in. I'd say that makes him culpable.

Guest hyypiagirl
Hyypia is our goaly now? He handed the ball outside the box? mmmmm

Guest hyypiagirl
it was deflected, maybe you couldn't see that in the ground whene veryone stood up but you could see it clear as day on the telly!!
Tell him la.

Don't care if it was deflected. He dived behind the wall. Had he dived the right way he would've saved it - if it came off big Sami's big toe or not.

By the way, can anyone remember Reina's last great save? I reckon it was the one in extra time in the Cup Final. The one late on against Haifa was spectacular but Pepe would've looked foolish if it'd gone in cos it was straight down the middle of the goal.

Guest hyypiagirl

Did you see the incident where big Sami had to clear the ball away for Reina in the box or it woul've been another goal, or was you watching a different match?

Guest hyypiagirl
Don't care if it was deflected. He dived behind the wall. Had he dived the right way he would've saved it - if it came off big Sami's big toe or not.

By the way, can anyone remember Reina's last great save? I reckon it was the one in extra time in the Cup Final. The one late on against Haifa was spectacular but Pepe would've looked foolish if it'd gone in cos it was straight down the middle of the goal.

Yes you're absolutely right mate.The wall cannot do anything but stand there the goalie has to save the ball from going in the net.

great save with his foot against Galatasary

Guest attacking_play

If Hyypia WAS more to blame, its only cos he didn't trust Reina.

I see Carson's been picked for England .....can't be all THAT bad ;)

Guest hyypiagirl

He's doing more mistakes than Dudek I'm afraid he needs to go. Ok if not Jerzy another goalie pleaaaaaaase....Even Rafa himself could do better

great save with his foot against Galatasary

It was a decent save and Pepe did well to get down to it. No more, no less. If it had gone in we would have been criticising him.

Great saves are the ones you really don't expect a keeper to make. All the rest they're just doing their job.

Guest hyypiagirl
If Hyypia WAS more to blame, its only cos he didn't trust Reina.

I see Carson's been picked for England .....can't be all THAT bad ;)

Exactly mate.. Our defenders just don't trust Reina anymiore. Yes now that's a thought bring on Carlson pleaaaaase..

Guest attacking_play
Did you see the incident where big Sami had to clear the ball away for Reina in the box or it woul've been another goal, or was you watching a different match?

Saw it, and yes it was a shocking moment.

We haven't had a truly great keeper at Anfield for the best part of two decades. Bearing that in mind, is it any surprise we haven't won the league since 1990?

Reina may one day turn out to be great but he isn't at the moment. Neither for that matter is Dudek, Kirkland or Carson. And we've spent something in the region of £20m bringing them in. Truly depressing.