You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpools Original Colours

mcflynn

Liverpool's traditional colours are red and white, with the home kit being all red since the mid 1960s, however it wasn't always this way. In the early days, when the club took over Anfield from Everton, they also took the Toffee's colours of blue and white, wearing an almost identical kit to the Everton team of the time. In 1894 it was decided to adopt the city of Liverpool's colour of red, and in 1901 the city's liver bird was adopted as the club badge. For the next seventy years Liverpool's kit was red shirts with white shorts (socks alternated over the years from red, to black, to white, and back to red again).

In 1964, then Liverpool manager, Bill Shankly decided to send the team out in all red for the first time against Anderlecht, as Ian St. John recalled in his autobiography:

He thought the colour scheme would carry psychological impact — red for danger, red for power. He came into the dressing room one day and threw a pair of red shorts to Ronnie Yeats. “Get into those shorts and let’s see how you look,” he said. “Christ, Ronnie, you look awesome, terrifying. You look 7ft tall.” “Why not go the whole hog, boss?” I suggested. “Why not wear red socks? Let’s go out all in red.” Shankly approved and an iconic kit was born.[4]

Liverpool's away colours are tradionally white shirts and black shorts or all yellow. However in 1987 an all grey kit was introduced. The away kit was then grey until the centenary season of 1991–92, when it was replaced by a combination of green shirt and white shorts. Grey has never been used since. The current away kit is all yellow, and there is also a Champions League away kit which is mainly white, with a green stripe down the right hand side of both the shirt and shorts.

The current Liverpool badge is based around the traditional liver bird, which is placed inside a shield. Above the shield is a representation of Anfield's Shankly Gates bearing the title of club's famous theme tune, "You'll Never Walk Alone". The twin flames at either side are symbolic of the Hillsborough memorial — an eternal flame burns outside Anfield in memory of those who died in the disaster

Hard to imagine we started off playing in Blue. Can't imagine it at all.

Nope red as they come. However some are led to believe i am one cus i made a post in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't see how this post suggests im a bluenose either!?

Well, apart from starting a thread about something EVERY fan knows about...?

Beleive me not every fan on this board knos this and by my presumptions i would bet that 70:30 don't.

It's a story of legend. Just like the "Football isn't a matter of life and death..." and Everton used to play at Anfield before they fucked off over rent = LFC. These are things that any self-respecting fan knows all about. I may start a thread to see if anyone knows how many times we've won the European Cup...

Beleive me not every fan on this board knos this and by my presumptions i would bet that 70:30 don't.

Well, chances are most people do know because the chances are it's been discussed on here already.

If you haven't familiarised yourself with the 'Search' function, now would probably be the time to do so. You'd turn up threads such as this one from a couple of weeks ago, for example.

The Bluenose test.

Loved it when you got kicked out of Europe, you where shit anyway and wouldn't have done fuck all if you went through. We did you a favour and stopped you embarassing yourselves and our football league.

And now I play the waiting game.

And you're all Welsh

The Bluenose test.

Loved it when you got kicked out of Europe, you where shit anyway and wouldn't have done fuck all if you went through. We did you a favour and stopped you embarassing yourselves and our football league.

And now I play the waiting game.

ifithadntofbinfor...

I think that Wayne Rooney has been playing much better football since he left Everton to travel along the M62 to Manchester United. It's the best thing that Everton have done in recent years; letting him go to a far superior footballing side than they could ever dream of being, while recouping much needed cash to pay the leccy with. Everyone's a winner, hey?

PS - Pierluigi Collina, refereeing legend. Disallow the goal? Should have had the twat sent down again. Mind you, the brainless, whiskey-soaked smackhead's never been the same player since he last picked up the soap in Barlinnie showers.......

Why is everyone on here made out to be bluenoses!?

I think what give it away was when you turned up after your other user name, LFC WAMKEZ, had been banned and agreed with him about getting rid of Rafa and bringing in Martin O'Neil.

David Moyes is a cunt by the way.

I think what give it away was when you turned up after your other user name, LFC WAMKEZ, had been banned and agreed with him about getting rid of Rafa and bringing in Martin O'Neil.

David Moyes is a cunt by the way.

i know this was a while ago but it has only come to my mind now that you say that but did anyone see MOTD2 last week?it showed a liverpool fan in with all the everton fans after johnson scored his second goal, and when the pictures moved back to moyes in the studio he had a grin on his face like a little baby...