You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Silly forum related things which make you laugh...

dave u

Loads of things really but off the top of my head:

Anything Red Nick ever posts - the man has multiple personality disorder in every post!

His Ireland thread today was Alan Partridgesque!

Dr Ahmed Phd and the response he got the first time was comedy gold.

Rashid using the symbols like thumbs up and down etc.

NP's off topic madness!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact that all the dudes I respect on here the most have posted on this thread. You guys are the clued up ones and the reason for me constantly returning (notable yet to post lads being Vladi, BCP, UTM and Shankly's Ghost).

*Love the way that YKI has clocked my visits when well trollied, I'll have read things earlier on here which may have riled me but let them go with a mere shake of the head, but find it impossible to let go if I return after a session (apologies to those where I may have gone too far).

They usually start by quoting something off a reputable source such as Sky Sports or Koptalk

As one of those text-speaking, semi-literate, editor-pestering newcomers to these marbled halls, the ability of any contributor to type "reputable source" and "Koptalk" in the same post without spontaneously emptying their bladder through raucous and prolonged laughter often raises a titter here.

Rashid. I know he can be infuriating but he genuinely has me pissing myself more than anyone else on here*. I used to love his schoolboy forum fights with Kopite and his throwaway comments such as "I don't trust lip readers" a couple of weeks ago are pure comedy gold.

The madness of Red Nick rules too as do NP's matter of fact conversations about stray Polar Bears walking around like dogs and getting pissed with crazy Norwegian explorers.

Elmyn on the GF must be the ultimate WUM and I can't help enjoying it when some poor naive soul bites.

*with the possible exception of Christian. The boy is a fucking genius. That newbie's bewilderment at his comments about John Terry's great hair had me falling off my chair the other week.

As one of those text-speaking, semi-literate, editor-pestering newcomers to these marbled halls, the ability of any contributor to type "reputable source" and "Koptalk" in the same post without spontaneously emptying their bladder through raucous and prolonged laughter often raises a titter here.

Fortunately my computer chair of choice also doubles as a commode.

Professor is one of my favourite posters. He's very considered and seems like a thoughtful gentleman, and every so often he comes out with a gem, either a cool one liner or caption.

He doesn't post often enough though.

Professor is one of my favourite posters. He's very considered and seems like a thoughtful gentleman, and every so often he comes out with a gem, either a cool one liner or caption.

He doesn't post often enough though.

Agreed, he's cool. Everytime I compliment him on one of those captions, he just says "Oh wow, praise from Caesar!" What is it about educated scholars and TLW that makes such great comedy?

Another thing that makes me laugh is Red Nick's avatar of John Houlding! I don't know why but it just makes me chuckle imagining what he would make of some of Nick's madder posts!

John Houlding is with Nick at all times. In fact, Nick has told me that it's John Houlding who tells him what to post.

The hunting down of Fireman Sam

The captions

Feeling like you know these people - even though you've never met. I get surreal moments when Mrs Mav starts to use forum names when we chat football like she would my mates or the work people.

NP's pissed posting

Tom R's rants

The Caption Kings

The ignore function

The banning of gimps

The diversity of the GF

Noos.

Seeing ths symbol :wallbutt: and knowing who the poster is without looking

Oh yeah and the thing that makes me laugh most - other peoples opinions ;)

Guest Dancing Dave

Hehe!! I used to love all that, messing with Tom and the Irish lad in France, Maldini's avatar makes me laugh too, a Moan Stander waiting to happen. Someting I read the other day on Red Issue had me roaring tough, in amongst the utter c*nts there are some quite funny people, and one post that made me laugh was headed:

Have you ever ran your wife's kecks through a mangle and drank the juice?

Madness.

I've got to say I piss myself at some of the stuff Herme's comes out with. After the CL Final the next couple of days I kept thinking of a scene from Harry Enfield. It's the one with the old gits after they won the lottery and they're trying to decide what to do with the money. Then one of them says "I know, lets buy a race horse...and shoot it!"

I know I'll get slated for this, but I was giggling like a school girl anticpating the replies from the Irish lads on his George Best Airport thread and he just kept going, unitentionally with united Ireland and then ducks out with 'all people in Galway are nice' or something.

Bloody hell, I missed that in the thread I'm definitely moving ...

Christ, I have stumbled in on a forum daisy chain.

Here's my twopenn'orth. Having never forummed previously I have no way of knowing if this place is ace or shit. I did manage 5 mins on Koptalk before getting banned so it was hard to say. I got so banned I can't even read the threads.

Seeing ths symbol :wallbutt: and knowing who the poster is without looking

;)

Heh yeah as soon as you see it you look for the keyword of "Crouch", "Moores", or "broke" then you get the jist of the post. Cracks me up every time.

Hijacked threads about the same thing when someone has an agenda are both funny, and annoying. We could be on the FF talking about the Liverpool team of 1956 and it would still come around to Crouch if he had a bad game.

The sheer predictability of what some people will say after a good or bad result. The feeling of inevitablility that is world war 3 when you log on after a loss.

Any time Col has just read an article/other fan's negative opinion on us, subsequent outrage and 8 page thread about not caring what the media says, I saw a guy in a sun hat in the Kop, Dunc is a tit, Crouch and Mori should be shot. (It is in those threads you can usually get a taster of what has been going on through the day)

That Sanderson Hooli WUM, Oliver Laszlo, every WUM that comes on here and tries to act all big and mighty before we make them feel the size of a midget amoeba and discarding them.

Oh and basically the GF, I should really post more random shit over there

Christ, I have stumbled in on a forum daisy chain.

Here's my twopenn'orth. Having never forummed previously I have no way of knowing if this place is ace or shit. I did manage 5 mins on Koptalk before getting banned so it was hard to say. I got so banned I can't even read the threads.

That's proper banned. What did you actually say? Am guessing it was during 'the troubles'..