You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arrested Development

Stu Monty

Anyone seen much of it?

Comedy series from America about a disfunctional family who's dad is on trial for misuse of the family business. I caught bits of it now and again in television and have now got the boxset. Havr to say that it is very funny stuff.

Very clever writing and really good performances from a class cast.

I'm pretty hooked on it now, anyone else agree?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i love that show aswell, i have the box set. its pretty awesome, david cross(tobias) is sooo funny, and he improvises half of his lines!

its an awesome show, can't wait for the new series

• 11 months later...
Anyone seen much of it?

Comedy series from America about a disfunctional family who's dad is on trial for misuse of the family business. I caught bits of it now and again in television and have now got the boxset. Havr to say that it is very funny stuff.

Very clever writing and really good performances from a class cast.

I'm pretty hooked on it now, anyone else agree?

Just dug up this thread from Monty, and although Im a year late, I concur, Arrested Development is the fucking nuts. Just downloaded the 3rd series and got the first 2 on dvd, am right into it at the moment.

Also, Tobias (4th from left) is a standup comedian (David Cross), he is the fucking nuts too (in an angry liberal kind of way).

Arrested_Development_cast_promo_photo.jpg

Just dug up this thread from Monty, and although Im a year late, I concur, Arrested Development is the fucking nuts. Just downloaded the 3rd series and got the first 2 on dvd, am right into it at the moment.

Also, Tobias (4th from left) is a standup comedian (David Cross), he is the fucking nuts too (in an angry liberal kind of way).

Arrested_Development_cast_promo_photo.jpg

He bot booed off at ATP in May. He just couldn't deal with heckling at all and the crowd smelled blood.

Yeah. He suffered because no-one knew who he was and they were waiting for Sleater-Kinney. Did you go?

Nope I didnt mate, as I was oblivious to his existence 6 months ago. But Id give him a shot, even knowing he can't cope with a tough crowd. Maybe that experience toughened him up a bit...

• 1 month later...
The bit were they dance round the coffin is hysterical.

I particularly like Gob's presentation to the board.

Gob: "I have been speaking to our little Mexican friends from Columbia..."

Micheal: "Columbians, Gob, they're called Columbians"

Gob: "...If we're going to be politically correct.."

*another coin fires out of his sleeve*

He delivers the stupidity of the character so well.

I particularly like Gob's presentation to the board.

Gob: "I have been speaking to our little Mexican friends from Columbia..."

Micheal: "Columbians, Gob, they're called Columbians"

Gob: "...If we're going to be politically correct.."

*another coin fires out of his sleeve*

He delivers the stupidity of the character so well.

And the fact that he thinks Portugal is down old South America way.

He rules.